It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer Principle/Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

The kitty has already belonged to the bunny's party for years. I do whatever I can, one person at a time, whether that's providing a place to stay till they get their feet under them, a hot meal, help making a resume, watching kids while they look for a job, or just providing a sympathetic ear.

We'll get there- one person or family at a time!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Why does a degree mean anything?

It means something because it comes from a university.

Why does a degree from a university mean something?

Because its been accredited by government to be able to teach and examine to common minimum acceptable standard at national level.

Thats why a BSc or a BEng has meaning in the workplace. Its a commonly achieved 'standard' of knowledge.

We could form the 'Beezer University' that could teach to an fantastic standard but it wouldn't mean anything unless it was government accredited.

ps

The point of a political party is to be in government? If you reject government at all levels why form a political party at all?

Quite true, but we'retalking about people who just want to have a beter life. A degree would possibly aid them long term, and that should be their decision after we've helped them get to a point where they can envision that kind of future.

My "Party" is more of a movement than just another Party. Perhaps I made an error in calling it that.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by beezzer

The kitty has already belonged to the bunny's party for years. I do whatever I can, one person at a time, whether that's providing a place to stay till they get their feet under them, a hot meal, help making a resume, watching kids while they look for a job, or just providing a sympathetic ear.

We'll get there- one person or family at a time!

And that's all it takes.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by justwokeup

Why does a degree mean anything?

It means something because it comes from a university.

Why does a degree from a university mean something?

Because its been accredited by government to be able to teach and examine to common minimum acceptable standard at national level.

Thats why a BSc or a BEng has meaning in the workplace. Its a commonly achieved 'standard' of knowledge.

We could form the 'Beezer University' that could teach to an fantastic standard but it wouldn't mean anything unless it was government accredited.

ps

The point of a political party is to be in government? If you reject government at all levels why form a political party at all?

Quite true, but we'retalking about people who just want to have a beter life. A degree would possibly aid them long term, and that should be their decision after we've helped them get to a point where they can envision that kind of future.

My "Party" is more of a movement than just another Party. Perhaps I made an error in calling it that.

Ok. Got you. I'll stop unintentionally derailing the discussion

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No offense but when's the last time you took a young teen seriously? I'm still being taught myself
I tend to not say my true age because I generally get taken a bit more seriously.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
reply to post by beezzer

No offense but when's the last time you took a young teen seriously? I'm still being taught myself
I tend to not say my true age because I generally get taken a bit more seriously.

I'm almost 50. I'm still learning as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was thinking about this long and hard yesterday. What I thought was this: I went to school for IT I would rather forgo that Mcd's job which pays crap wage for an unpaid internship at an IT position as they really want you to have experience, therefore internship would get me that experience, this goes for MD BD OR ASA's. What we need to do is make it attractive for these companies to supply internship/apprenticeships by giving them some kind of incentive whether it be for taxes or even a check at the end of the year, and if they offer a paid permanent position to the interns at the end of the internship, they get another incentive, this will make companies more flexiable in taking on some people for work they normally wouldn't (because of no experience), I think this would go a long way into helping more people work for a better wage because they'd get training and experience. I mean it'd be sacrificing for a short time on the interns' part but in the end it would pay off tremendously. I know a lot of people are going to find holes in this idea because of the issues other countries have with a similar program, plus it may mean some people on government dole for a period of time while they're getting their experience but, in the end they would have a paying job and be off the subsidies. This also insures those who can work will IMO.

This is one thing we could demand from the government to make internships/apprenticeships attractive to companies...just to be clear
edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: add for clarification

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

But why get the government involved.

Why can't we sell this great idea to the IT companies ourselves? Sure, we can't sell the tax incentives. But maybe there's something else that they'd want.

Like good advertising.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Why can't we sell this great idea to the IT companies ourselves? Sure, we can't sell the tax incentives. But maybe there's something else that they'd want.

Like good advertising.

Well I think of this this way they listen to the Government because they're all in cahoots together so if we ask the companies, it'll fall on deaf ears, plus we don't have any way to provide those incentives so we go to the people who do. They'll need to have incentives going by the past is what I base it on.

I really don't think that advertising would appeal to them, judging by the outsourcing which people look down on and such, but they still do it anyway, and it's gotten a lot of attention lately so apparently they don't care about how good or bad they look to the public because they know they got us by the cajones...money talks BS walks is the way I see it.

edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Like good advertising.

Well I think of this this way they listen to the Government because they're all in cahoots together so if we ask the companies, it'll fall on deaf ears, plus we don't have any way to provide those incentives so we go to the people who do. They'll need to have incentives going by the past is what I base it on.
edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: edited to add

edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: grr spelling fairy misspelled my word (rearranged my keyboard then fixed it lol)

That merits some more thought than a quick reply would provide.

I'll have to get back to you on that.

Regards,
beez

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Would i be right to say that the hardest part in all of this is starting it all?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

The biggest problem with all that was stated in the OP is finding the REASON, what are we demanding what do we want what direction do we want the government to go in...I beleive we could demand incentives to keep jobs here and for internships/apprenticeships, but we could add to those some other demands. What would you demand? What would you like to see done?
edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Socially responsible people don't need a "party" or organization to do what you describe. However there are plenty of charitable "non profits" doing exactly what you describe. I volunteer time and money to those non profits that aren't top heavy with organizational [paid] staff and administration. My church has an outreach program that just fits the bill. Ordinary working people not looking for accolades, flags or stars or "atta boy" just doing it because they understand the principal of paying it forward.

This idea has been around ATS for a long time.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your idea of a "political party" to do what nonprofits do, might just be a uniting force that this country needs.
Personally I'm sick and tired of the political division that brings out the meanness in people. I love a spirited debate but the marginalizing of people into "people like you" boxes and ugly name calling needs to stop.

I don't think it will though!!

edit on 10-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by beezzer

IMO real poverty is unfixable. First of all you have an uneducated class. I am not attempting to put them down, please don't misunderstand. And when I say uneducated, I am talking about difficulty even reading or simple math. Women that came from abusive homes with no real chance to make it in this world. A lot of them go in and out of prison and have problems with addiction. Not all of them, but many. It is a social issue. One that cannot be tackled. These are the women that end up having children, we have to, as a society assist.

I am here to tell you even they could find better work I mean I knew of people who are illiterate who worked on the railroads the difference, they provide apprenticeships. We need to build the new railroad system (MONORAIL AS IN JAPAN'S) And offer those people internships/apprenticeships, these people need not read and be rocket scientists, no they learn one thing that will keep being relevent (once the rails were build many stayed on for maintenance and repair). But we gotta make it attractive for both the company and the person. Incentives...incentives.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
What used to bring people out of poverty was the fear of poverty. There is no fear of being poor anymore. As a matter of fact it is looked on as living the good life. It is a much better life being poor today in America than it was being a King a few hundred years ago.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The difference's in community helping those in need and government helping those in need is that government really does not care. You are just numbers input into a computer. You can vote yourself more aid. When community helps those in need they actually care. They are not being paid to help. They actually care. Not to mention the huge amount of money the government wastes that never gets to the people in need.
A co-op that everyone can pay into, say $10.00 a week would work. For that you get medical help, financial help, unemployment. If you don't have $10.00 a week to pay in then you can pay by volunteering some time helping others. It is actually the way it used to be in America and it worked. Government saw it as a way to garner votes and took it over.

Yes that is true, but it never ceases to amaze me that the only time you see communities come together are after big natural/manmade disasters...like after 9/11 and after katrina and sandy, however the rest the time most of them would drive by a woman broken down with a kid in the car on the side of the road and not help...most of them, we are the type who would stop and try to help anyway, regardless but being on the side of broken down and stuck with kids in the car in the state of NJ before and not a damn person helping ever, I can tell you from experience most of them don't bother trying to help in normal circumstances. Not even something as simple as asking if you need them to call someone for you.
edit on 10-11-2012 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds a little like Communism.

Glad to see you're coming round

You can called it "Space-Monkey-Moon-Farts".

If it gets people off dependence from government, if it frees people from government slavery, then I'll call it a win.

So NOW you are fine with "communism"?????? You know, that buzzword that you Conservatives just LOVE to SLAM constantly and accuse everyone of being part of when they dont agree with you??

Flip-floppin is the ONLY guarantee in Conservatives!!

And in regards to this thread, WHO is going to PAY towards this education for EVERYONE interested in taking this option?

Who will PAY the gas for them to to get to their learning institute?

Who will pay for their babysitters for these folks children while they are in school??

It sounds good and all, but the truth is that we can NOT rely on ANYONE to come and help a person in your example. The HUGE majority of wealthy folks would just die if they had to give up a single red cent for something that DOESNT BENEFIT THEMSELVES, and most would even kill for a half a percent increase in their quarterly profits. SO they wont donate to this cause because they cant expect something in return that would DIRECTLY benefit them. Churches are almost just as corrupt, so scratch that out. LETS KEEP IT REAL!!!!!!!!!

You are going in the right direction, and trying to solve this problem, but you are living in fantasy land to be honest.

edit on 10-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

(note, I've always found it humerous that a written note saying "Need help reading?" would be effective.)

Very true perhaps you should send them a txt.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I love the idea, and it is already in effect on many levels. There are churches that offer this assistance, as well as organizationslike rotary clubs,Kiwanis club plus there are non profits as well. then there are the schools themselves that are doing community projects, plus the military that does community outreach.

So this is going on already. We are helping our neighbors, we are supporting each other, but it feels like it is not enough.

And here is the number one problem in this proposal......we can help and assist and educate and donate til the cows come home, but we can only help those who truly want it. They have to have the will power the drive to want to further themselves. I think the roots go very deep in this aspect, and it is psychological in nature.

But that doesn't mean we should not try to reach out. I think even if we make a small dent in the problem, it is better than sitting back and complaining, or being apathetic about it. I think that if more people did reach out and try to help it would go a lot further and mean a lot more than people getting a check in the mail.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Education is the key.

But it does have to be Federally backed. As a qualification in Dallas has to mean the same in Seattle or Juneau.

Apprenticeships are a wonderful idea, it would however mean convincing companies to invest in the workforce.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join