It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The beezzer Principle/Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Did you ever read the book, "The Stand", by Stephen King? In this story, the people that survived a catastrophic virus joined together to form their own small community. The government is gone, so these people are excited about forming a new type of "government", and doing it right this time. Guess what? They fell into the all the same traps, issues and problems that we have with our own government today. It's our human nature - you think you can escape it, but you can't. The best we can do is keep trying, but don't expect a utopia -- you'll be disappointed. Just sayin...

Good book.

Independence is spelled M-O-O-N.

Independence.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by beezzer

While I applaud your intentions. And I think it could help some people. I do not think it will work.

1. There are too many people like me that just don't give a Damn about others enough to be bothered.

2. Many people will not accept the help offered. Whether because of pride, laziness to even put in any effort to become self reliant or many other reasons.

But mostly it is the apathy running through this country.

I'll admit, apathy is a problem.

And if it doesn't work?

then we get what we deserve.

But I'm willing to try.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
reply to post by beezzer

I agree completely, Beeezer. You mentioned that on my thread about redefining the Republican party and it is the idea that I am most excited about.

In my opinion, this is something that needs to happen.
edit on 10-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

But I don't want to redefine the republican party. I want to create a viable 3rd party.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
reply to post by beezzer

So, you believe that this single site may become the start of a revolution eh? Well everything has a start and we may just be a start.

Stranger things have been known to happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I'm just trying to grassroot it.

I am also not taking my hand and pulling people up.

I'm holding out my hand to see who will grasp it.

It has to start somewhere. No matter how small.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds a little like Communism.

Glad to see you're coming round

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds a little like Communism.

Glad to see you're coming round

You can called it "Space-Monkey-Moon-Farts".

If it gets people off dependence from government, if it frees people from government slavery, then I'll call it a win.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It's true... labels, boxes and pigeon holes are usually not helpful.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The difference's in community helping those in need and government helping those in need is that government really does not care. You are just numbers input into a computer. You can vote yourself more aid. When community helps those in need they actually care. They are not being paid to help. They actually care. Not to mention the huge amount of money the government wastes that never gets to the people in need.
A co-op that everyone can pay into, say $10.00 a week would work. For that you get medical help, financial help, unemployment. If you don't have $10.00 a week to pay in then you can pay by volunteering some time helping others. It is actually the way it used to be in America and it worked. Government saw it as a way to garner votes and took it over.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
So whats the big plan. All the beezer party play the lotto and when we win give a free income which increases by how much community service they do? Not being serious though I have no idea hat would be involved for all this

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

So whats the big plan. All the beezer party play the lotto and when we win give a free income which increases by how much community service they do? Not being serious though I have no idea hat would be involved for all this

Nope. Start small. Very small. A simple piece of paper at a community centre.

Stated;

Need help with reading or math?
Tired of where you are?
What do you want to achieve?

Maybe I can help.

(note, I've always found it humerous that a written note saying "Need help reading?" would be effective.)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

The difference's in community helping those in need and government helping those in need is that government really does not care. You are just numbers input into a computer. You can vote yourself more aid. When community helps those in need they actually care. They are not being paid to help. They actually care. Not to mention the huge amount of money the government wastes that never gets to the people in need.
A co-op that everyone can pay into, say $10.00 a week would work. For that you get medical help, financial help, unemployment. If you don't have $10.00 a week to pay in then you can pay by volunteering some time helping others. It is actually the way it used to be in America and it worked. Government saw it as a way to garner votes and took it over.

Tht's a great idea! Getting communities to start helping each other again.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Theres nothing wrong with that. As i said i applaud your efforts. I was giving context to the real root cause.

Heres an idea. One path out of the morass is to have a better educated and skilled populace.

Government funded education examination centres in each city that can assign a degree once an examination is passed to a creditable standard. These arent universities, they dont teach, they dont research, they just examine.

Then community (charitably) supplied and organised tuition.

Look at the "Khan Academy" to see how powerful a tool for education the web can be when coupled by enthusiastic and educated volunteers.

At the moment you have to pay (a lot) in order to get a degree. Even if you self taught using free materials you have to get into debt (heavily) to get the 'proof of knowledge' that you need to get a job.

If the examination (verification of knowledge achieved) was free from the state and the education was free from charity then it could get a lot of people out of a dead end.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by beezzer

Very thoughtful post beezer. I am sure this mother you speak of would love to have those options. So what are your thoughts on helping her, as a community. How do "we" do this.
edit on 10-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

"We're" smart. Many of us on this site have created businesses and are successful. How do we find our own work? We use contacts, we network, we schmooze.

We provide options that the government doesn't.

I will add to this: If you have a talent..expand on it. Turn something you have a love and passion for and turn it into a career. If you love what you do if won't feel like work and oftentimes you become more successful.

Good post. Starred you!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Did you ever read the book, "The Stand", by Stephen King? In this story, the people that survived a catastrophic virus joined together to form their own small community. The government is gone, so these people are excited about forming a new type of "government", and doing it right this time. Guess what? They fell into the all the same traps, issues and problems that we have with our own government today. It's our human nature - you think you can escape it, but you can't. The best we can do is keep trying, but don't expect a utopia -- you'll be disappointed. Just sayin...

Good book.

Independence is spelled M-O-O-N.

Independence.

Hahaha..Good reply. This was one of my favorite books. I am unashamedly a Stephen King fan. This man started out dirt-poor and made his love of writing his life's work. Now he's one of the richest authors out there.
edit on 10-11-2012 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wait if i just understood you right. What i said is a perfectly valid option once the beezeer party becomes large enough? But yeah i'm probably a bit young to do any thing more than support the idea through this site.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

Theres nothing wrong with that. As i said i applaud your efforts. I was giving context to the real root cause.

Heres an idea. One path out of the morass is to have a better educated and skilled populace.

Government funded education examination centres in each city that can assign a degree once an examination is passed to a creditable standard. These arent universities, they dont teach, they dont research, they just examine.

Look at the "Khan Academy" to see how powerful a tool for education the web can be when coupled by enthusiastic and educated volunteers.

At the moment you have to pay (a lot) in order to get a degree. Even if you self taught using free materials you have to get into debt (heavily) to get the 'proof of knowledge' that you need to get a job.

If the examination (verification of knowledge achieved) was free from the state and the education was free from charity then it could get a lot of people out of a dead end.

You lost me at "government-funded education". The government is self-serving. They spout altruistic pap, but all they want is more control.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Wait if i just understood you right. What i said is a perfectly valid option once the beezeer party becomes large enough? But yeah i'm probably a bit young to do any thing more than support the idea through this site.

If you can teach someone to read, teach someone computer skills, then you're old enough!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by beezzer

Very thoughtful post beezer. I am sure this mother you speak of would love to have those options. So what are your thoughts on helping her, as a community. How do "we" do this.
edit on 10-11-2012 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

"We're" smart. Many of us on this site have created businesses and are successful. How do we find our own work? We use contacts, we network, we schmooze.

We provide options that the government doesn't.

I will add to this: If you have a talent..expand on it. Turn something you have a love and passion for and turn it into a career. If you love what you do if won't feel like work and oftentimes you become more successful.

Good post. Starred you!

That's a brilliant idea!
I totally forgot about hobbies and talents people may have.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by justwokeup

You lost me at "government-funded education". The government is self-serving. They spout altruistic pap, but all they want is more control.

Why does a degree mean anything?

It means something because it comes from a university.

Why does a degree from a university mean something?

Because its been accredited by government to be able to teach and examine to common minimum acceptable standard at national level.

Thats why a BSc or a BEng has meaning in the workplace. Its a commonly achieved 'standard' of knowledge.

We could form the 'Beezer University' that could teach to an fantastic standard but it wouldn't mean anything unless it was government accredited.

ps

The point of a political party is to be in government? If you reject government at all levels why form a political party at all?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join