We actually "Ask the mountains"

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Looking to a mountain and I can see many things.

The more I look the more I see.

This boxes that we have of different sizes and types..we ask them all day

many things.

They are made of hundreds small parts each of them of different materials

that are taken from...mountains or from valleys.

We never think that whenever we are accessing these boxes

each access is a question.

We actually ask the mountains.

www.wallpaperweb.org...

Meh ,we think that we are smart ,but before these boxes

internetdevices.wordpress.com...

there where the mountains...majestic and silent mountains.

Many things we see and type on the screen of these boxes that we have

many things that maybe the mountains do not want to see or to hear.

But we do not care about that,these are our boxes,and mountains are silent far in a distance.

I wonder if I could ask a mountain a question what question I should ask.

And if a mountain would ask me a question what that will be!

So..."Ask the mountains"

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
El Shaddai

Shaddai as a toponym

The term may mean "God of the mountains," referring to the Mesopotamian divine mountain

en.wikipedia.org...

This whole idea of a 'God of the Mountains' thing has always kinda fascinated me.

Wasn't it originally El Shaddai that told Moses to go speak with God, I may be incorrect... For some reason, it doesn't seem like anybody knows what I'm talking about when I ask about Shaddai lol.

Anyways... thought I'd add in that tid bit. The mountains sure have had a lot to offer humanity throughout our existence. Then at times, the mountains turned out to be volcanoes and took it all back lol. Some of the most amazing pieces of art include mountains for obvious reasons, as to their symbolism and such...

I enjoy Dream Dictionary, so I will take from that....

MOUNTAINS : Mountains represent difficult circumstances and problems of all kinds. If you are having difficulties on the mountain then it may show that there are problems in some relationship or that you are overcoming difficult problems in some work task. It may simply show that you had a difficult day the day before. But if the mountain was handled easily it shows that you have the ability to conquer problems simply and without much effort so maybe you are realising how skilful you have become at something. If you are far off the mountain it may suggest you are looking at some ambition or project which is featuring in your long term plans.

and...

KEY WORDS : confidence, ability, difficult, struggle(write down some of the main things on your mind right now and see where these words appear)

I'd say that El Shaddai's role was most appropriate, considering the story line and the symbolic meaning of mountains....

maybe it's just me.

additional...

The translation team behind the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) however maintain that the meaning is uncertain, and that translating "El Shaddai" as "Almighty God" is inaccurate. The NJB leaves it untranslated as "Shaddai," and makes footnote suggestions that it should perhaps be understood as "God of the Mountain" from the Accadian "shadu," or "God of the open wastes" from the Hebrew "sadeh" and the secondary meaning of the Accadian word.[2]

I only add this because it's always bothered me... I swore I read a version of the texts once, in which El Shaddai invited Moses to the mountain, that's when the whole 'are you on the mountain' talk went down and all. From everything I've gathered, it has a lot to do with 'being the mountain' with aspects of destruction(see other interpretations in link of Shaddai, and the rule or law of God, for being the mountain in a way represents a strong force and power.

Then if you think about the whole supposed 10 commandments bit, you have yourself one clear picture.

Moses said.... "hey, this is the law, I'm a mountain... respect god or die", is this not accurate?
edit on 10-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

addition...

Mount Sinai and the Ten Commandments
Main article: Ten Commandments

According to the Bible, after crossing the Red Sea and leading the Israelites towards the desert, Moses was summoned by God to Mount Sinai, also referred to as Mount Horeb, the same place where Moses had first talked to the Burning Bush, tended the flocks of Jethro his father-in-law, and later produced water by striking the rock with his staff and directed the battle with the Amalekites.

Moses stayed on the mountain for 40 days and nights, a period in which he received the Ten Commandments directly from God. Moses then descended from the mountain with intent to deliver the commandments to the people, but upon his arrival he saw that the people were involved in the sin of the Golden Calf. In terrible anger, Moses broke the commandment tablets[29] and ordered his own tribe (the Levites) to go through the camp and kill everyone, including family and friends,[30] upon which the Levites killed about 3,000 people, some of whom were children.[31] God later commanded Moses to inscribe two other tablets, to replace the ones Moses smashed,[32] so Moses went to the mountain again, for another period of 40 days and nights, and when he returned, the commandments were finally given.

In Jewish tradition, Moses is referred to as "The Lawgiver" for this singular achievement of delivering the Ten Commandments.

Should have just listened to the mountain, but no... lets go to the camp and kill everyone, including family and friends.... 3,000+ people. Craziness.

listen to the mountain.
edit on 10-11-2012 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: additional comment

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

I'd say that El Shaddai's role was most appropriate, considering the story line and the symbolic meaning of mountains....
I'd add that not only most appropiate...but very patient in the same time.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Mountain is one of the 8 elemental trigrams of I Ching [Ken]. It means, keeping still. It is the energy we embody in meditation as we still the mind. Indeed, it is this receptive state of mind that lends to understanding: a still mind is free to receive answers to questions one may ask.
Ken is reflected in hexagram 52:

The image of Keeping Still
Thus the Superior Person
Will not allow his thoughts
To go beyond his situation.

It is true that to consider the mountain is to open oneself to wisdom.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

The image of Keeping
Still Thus the Superior Person
Will not allow his thoughts
To go beyond his situation.
That is so true,but even then the thoughts that we share make our lives easier and this world a better place.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
A mountain taught me about the relativity of time. I love this thread. I am a rock person and so also a mountain person. They have much to say, when asked.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Wow.... this is strange synchronicity- I need the type of info you all are putting up!

The last two nights have been very difficult, active dream states for me. I just wrote out last nights very weird experience. But the night before last, all I could remember abotu ti was the term "Moses of the Mountain", which didn't ring any bells for me.

Some fo the associations that have been posted here are helpful. ESPECIALLY when I consider the dreams I had last night- which dealt heavily in two themes- receptivity, conductivity, and some struggles I am facing right now.

It sounds like mountains are an appropriate symbol then.....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Some fo the associations that have been posted here are helpful. ESPECIALLY when I consider the dreams I had last night- which dealt heavily in two themes- receptivity, conductivity, and some struggles I am facing right now.
I guess it might be really simple.

As I use to say,

"First you have to cross the mountains before reaching the plain."

because

"In a life time we all must cross a mountain,to rest forever on the plain with flowers and ever feel the ...forever!"

In fact right now Humanity must cross a mountains before reaching the plains...or not!

edit on 10-11-2012 by piequal3because14 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

a mountain person. They have much to say, when asked.
But mountains and rivers have

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

But mountains and rivers have

Indeed they do. Somehow I think we have met in another life and you are just showing off.
. I have caught my share of fish in the past, although it has been a while, I still could. Fishing is good for contemplating your navel and getting supper at the same time. For me, these days, I will have my butt in the air and my nose to the ground looking for fossils in the gravel of a river. Let the fishes, swim with the fishes.

Ahhhh mountain flowers, little jewels to decorate her hair, or his hair as the case may be. In an already breathtakingly beautiful place, a mountain, they are still stand outs. Humbling.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I like this thread, it seems peaceful. Mountains are peaceful but I think it is the trees that are on and around mountains that are so beautiful. I feel good in those locations and the peaceful location helps me think. We have become a ratrace, developing shelters away from the mountains. Not many people pay attention to the healing energies of the mountains. Some are afraid of this feeling nowadays because it is different than what they are used to feeling. Visit nature and you will feel the healing properties it has on your soul.
edit on 13-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   

fossils in the gravel of a river
reply to post by Iamschist

Fossils?

What are fossils!

mountain flowers, little jewels to decorate her hair, or his hair as the case may be. In an already breathtakingly beautiful place,
Beautiful picture.

Without snow,of course.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

. Not many people pay attention to the healing energies of the mountains.
Indeed they are not.

A certain type of radiation can be more harmful in the mountains than it is in other places.

And that day may come.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Thanks for the awesome post! S&F! I believe to truly understand the answers of our origins, we need to examine all aspects of the various religions to understand their significance and singular truths. It's nice to see another member agree

I also agree that we all have a connection to the other side, and symbolism is one of the many tools they use for communication. I believe you may be on t something here!
edit on 13-11-2012 by mandy1love because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

That radiation can have healing properties or it can harm you. If you live above an underground river, the energy can cause many problems also. If you go above that river occasionally it can heal you though, I guess too much of a good thing is no good.

I live in an area where there are outcrops of rock. Some of these outcrops have radioactive materials in them. I have a Geiger counter and am investigating these areas, so far I only have the words of people who know where they are. When they blasted the rock for the roads they exposed it to the environment and increased the exposure. A little radiation does us little harm and can also help heal us in the right instances. I do not fear the radiation from these areas occasionally but would not want to build a house right close to one. I have tested my property and found very little radiation. At a friends home I found increased radiation, possibly because his father took some radioactive rock from one of these outcrops back in the forties and hauled it home. He had a Geiger counter so knew they were radioactive. They threw the rocks on the back part of the forties and for some reason there is radiation around his house. I suppose he filled some pothole in the field from the area where the discarded rocks were and they are somewhere in the field giving off a signal to my Geiger counter. The raised levels aren't really bad, they are elevated to an iffy level but still barely within what is considered safe. I wonder how many people have radioactive rocks in their yards around here, noone has probably ever tested. Oh well, we can't live forever.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

The mountains told me to sleep on it for now. And when i awake the box with the answer in it will open.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I thought it is " Ascende Laeta "

I mean to ask the mountains in "allegro"

edit on 17-12-2012 by piequal3because14 because: allegro

new topics
top topics

join