It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 200,000 Votes Not Counted in Florida Alone...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Actually it does matter... the uncounted votes could be a huge issue

What happens if the sates recount and the electors go to third parties?

Ron Paul- Virginia, Ohio

Gary Johnson- Florida

or any other combination equal to 325 -271

only need 54 to screw election

Florida 29 - leaves 25

Ohio 18 - leaves 7

Virginia 13 - leaves -6

as for the Faithless electors issue

Twenty-four states have laws to punish faithless electors.[1] While no faithless elector has ever been punished, the constitutionality of state pledge laws was brought before the Supreme Court in 1952 (Ray v. Blair, 343 U.S. 214). The court ruled in favor of the state's right to require electors to pledge to vote for the candidate to whom they are pledged, as well as to remove electors who refuse to pledge. Once the elector has voted, his or her vote can be changed only in states such as Michigan and Minnesota, where votes other than those pledged are rendered invalid. In all twenty-four states, a faithless elector may only be punished after he or she votes. The Supreme Court has ruled that, as electors are chosen via state elections, they act as a function of the state, not the federal government. Therefore states have the right to govern electors. The constitutionality of state laws punishing electors for actually casting a faithless vote—rather than merely refusing to pledge—has never been decided by the Supreme Court.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Actually it does matter... the uncounted votes could be a huge issue What happens if the sates recount and the electors go to third parties?

You are kidding right? Florida has finished counting all votes, including the 200,000 provisional votes they couldn't count until after the polls closed. Obama won Florida.

If Florida does a recount, you really think they are going to found that they got it so wrong that Johnson is really the winner? They only recount when an particular race is so close that an error of a few votes could make a difference. Obama won by around 100K votes in Florida. A hundred here or a hundred there isn't going to make a difference. Johnson got around 44K votes. Obama and Romney got over 4 million each. A recount isn't going to help Johnson.

ALL VOTES ARE BEING COUNTED. In Florida they are done. In Arizona they are still working on it. Some states are probably finished and others are still going. ALL VOTES ARE BEING COUNTED.

Sorry.

edit on 11/11/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Pssst. The election is over. It was last week.

I appreciate the thrust of your post.

However, to be exact, the election isn't over until all the votes are counted and the results are legally certified.

In Arizona, the counties have until November 16 to finish the count and the certification conference is scheduled to take place on December 3. This is according to Arizona State law. Other states will probably have slightly different deadlines according to their own laws.

So do you think there is a remote possibility that Romney will be named president? If not than the election is over. We need to concentrate our energy elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am all for counting every ballot. I am even game for a recount simply because I don't believe it will change the outcome.

I do think said recount should be funded by Donald Trump, Karl Rove, Dick Morris, etc. All of you who feels like some trickery went on then you can contribute your hard earned money, too. Put your money where your mouth is.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

What about Ron Paul and Virginia? He wasn't even included in the election in any way here. He wasn't on the ticket and Virginia doesn't allow write ins. So there is no reason to mention him in whatever point you were trying to ,are third parties.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

So do you think there is a remote possibility that Romney will be named president? If not than the election is over. We need to concentrate our energy elsewhere.

Not at all.

The premise of this thread is that legitimately cast votes are not being counted. I'm saying that all the votes will be counted even if they aren't finished yet. The election is not officially over until the results are legally certified and that cannot be done until every legitimate vote is counted.

Of course the result of the Presidential election is known, though it is conceivable that Obama could still win Arizona (unlikely, however). That won't change the result that President Obama is re-elected. Nor will any votes still outstanding be able to switch the result to Romney.

But the Presidential election is not the only one going on. Some House seats are still in doubt, as are various local offices all across the country.

I agree that people should focus their energy somewhere other than whining about manual vote counting procedures taking too long or being abandoned altogether. It will take as long as it takes (within the legal time limits) and will not be ended until all votes are counted.
edit on 12/11/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
obamatrons

that's funny.
anyway, does it really matter who the F* won?
one is just worse than that worse one.
THIS IS THE UNITED STATES OF AMNESIA.
they will never learn.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I didn't vote for Obama but the election was as fair as any since JFK stole Illinois back in 1960 (and in the interest of being fair, Nixon did not pull a Gore and go legalistic-ballistic. Even a clock that doesn't work is right twice a day!). There were some irregularaties here and there but nothing close to enough to sway the vote any way other than the way it is. Fair is fair, and Obama won fairly, both all out popular and the more important Electoral College.

Nonetheless, there really needs to be some streamlining and standardization to make sure small errors don't cause enormous issues down the road.
edit on 12-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: spelling

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

ok so I understand... all votes are being counted right.. Care to put money on it?

I have a spare 1500... every vote was counted, right?

Wrong...

The military did not deliver a large portion of the overseas votes

Wrong

in texas their was a sign on the booths that said if the write in candidates name wasnt on the list of registered it would not be counted...

you know why?

You have to register and pay 10,000 dollars to register...
candidate doesnt pay votes do not count

Means my vote was tossed
Means my mothers vote was tossed
means my Girlfriends vote was tossed
means my friends vote was tossed

Wrong

I looked into a few things where I had a friend or two...
written ballots 'disappeared' again... (in a more liberal district however)

I have no photos or evidence so I guess the next response is it did not happen

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

the example really doesnt matter, the votes were not all counted.. (would donald duck have satisfied the nerves)

Norfolk Virginia
Navy Base

I am willing to put money on the fact they did not count the troops overseas votes...

BTW, Nice avatar

Invisibles right... looks similar to transmetropolitan but the girl I seem to remember from the invisibles

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by Xcathdra

Since then we have a few states who use a proportional electoral college system, splitting their electoral amounts between the candidates based on the percentage of population they carried in that state.

I don't think that is true. Do you have evidence?

The proposal does come up occasionally. Republicans in Ohio raised it just the other day. But I am quite sure that no one has implemented it yet.

Maine and Nebraska both split their electoral votes based on the percentage of population each candidate for President garners in those 2 states.

If Candidate A gets 60% and Candidate B gets 40%, and the state has a total of 10 electoral votes, then Cand A gets 6 electoral votes and B gets 4.

Source in general

The state government websites have the offical info for it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

It's simply amazing that anyone has any trust in the elections when they are completely unverifiable... Those that vote have their brains on hold...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
reply to post by rnaa

ok so I understand... all votes are being counted right.. Care to put money on it?

I said all legitimate ballots, yes. There are many different votes on each ballot. Valid votes on legitimate ballots are counted.

This is not a difficult concept. Suppose they dump all the ballots that require manual handling onto a table in the middle of the room. One by one the ballots are picked up from the table and counted. Nobody goes home until the table is empty (don't confuse this word picture with the actual process).

The military did not deliver a large portion of the overseas votes

The Pentagon begs to differ.

Though apparently some states missed the legal deadline of preparing the ballots for overseas delivery. That is an administrative error, that while totally unacceptable means that those voters did not get to submit a legitimate ballot. Had they been able to submit a legitimate ballot, it would be counted.

in texas their was a sign on the booths that said if the write in candidates name wasnt on the list of registered it would not be counted...

you know why?

Of course I know why. States got tired of counting write-in votes for Micky Mouse and Porky Pig back in the 1970's.

Prospective write In candidates have to demonstrate that they are real people.

You have to register and pay 10,000 dollars to register...
candidate doesnt pay votes do not count

and demonstrate that they are not frivolous. Write-in votes cost more to count than balloted votes.

Means my vote was tossed
Means my mothers vote was tossed
means my Girlfriends vote was tossed
means my friends vote was tossed

Wrong

You are almost certainly incorrect. Was there nothing else on the ballot? Were there no balloted candidates that you voted for? No propositions?

In any case, your ballots were not 'tossed'. Your ballots were examined for valid votes. If there were valid votes, they were counted. Invalid votes were probably counted too, but placed into the "Invalid Vote" column, not against whatever name you wrote-in.

I looked into a few things where I had a friend or two...
written ballots 'disappeared' again... (in a more liberal district however)

I have no photos or evidence so I guess the next response is it did not happen

Of course. Innocent until proven guilty - no evidence, no crime.

What does the 'liberal/conservative' balance of the district have to do with it? All parties that have candidates in a race places observers in every precinct and in the counting centers. They observe everything, and if one party catches the other doing something nefarious, or worse, the elections staff screwing up, it is holy hell to pay.
edit on 12/11/2012 by rnaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
To the people screaming about the military vote.

I'd love to see figures for military votes in the past. Just something I happen to sense in passing is the military by large does NOT vote and I find that sad. Especially enlisted ranks.

These votes will not erase the lead. It will not rewrite the election. And to the poster upthread who did not vote for Obama but sees the irregularities aren't enough to change the outcome thank you for speaking up.
edit on 12-11-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

so due to cost the vote does not count

That is what you are saying right

in other words the votes were not counted

then they went through and picked what votes were they considered 'valid' on the ballots

so it is ok for a group to look at your ballot and decided what is ok for a choice and what is not...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Electoral votes are the reason he has been declared the winner, the popular vote really means # at least to tptb. That being, Florida won't change the outcome. Sorry dude.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Maine and Nebraska both split their electoral votes based on the percentage of population each candidate for President garners in those 2 states.

If Candidate A gets 60% and Candidate B gets 40%, and the state has a total of 10 electoral votes, then Cand A gets 6 electoral votes and B gets 4.p

Xcath you are partially correct. The vote is "proportional to congressional districts and the popular vote. Not necessarily a straight proportional vote. I quoted Nebraska state law in regards to this. The in-large electoral votes vote in accordance to the popular vote and the congressional district votes according to each elector's district.

With that, Nebraska is not a proportional vote in the way you presented. One thing to note if you will, is that the in-large and congressional electors may be proportional, so if we look at it that way, than we can say it is such.

Source in general

The state government websites have the offical info for it.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86

Electoral votes are the reason he has been declared the winner, the popular vote really means # at least to tptb. That being, Florida won't change the outcome. Sorry dude.

Your statement is confusing really. The electoral votes haven't been cast for the most part. Though a large portion do follow the popular vote of a given state, there are others that are not bound to follow the party line (a note here: I am not advocating that Governor Romney has a chance; nor do I care.) Given that, the attribution to the "ptb" is silly really. A electoral system such as ours has a better chance at resisting a "ptb" coup than say a direct election.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Most of the uncounted votes in Florida are likely to be for Obama. And even if it should somehow magically be resolved in Romney's favor Florida is not enough to win the election this time. Obama won all the swing states except for North Carolina. He has a landslide in the electoral college and a few million more popular votes.

I think the Republicans just have to face the fact that they lost. They need to do some soul-searching instead of some recounting.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join