It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 200,000 Votes Not Counted in Florida Alone...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I know the Obamatrons are going to be claiming it was a fair election...
But it actually wasn't. Many votes haven't been counted and they already called for Obama to be President, this should show any intelligent person out there that tptb actually want Obama to stay in office since he is doing their job quite well with a large percentage of Americans being dumbed down enough to have voted for him yet again.

In Florida, the race was too close to call as 200,000 votes had yet to be counted in nine counties, and Obama's lead was much less than that — 46,666 votes, or 49.9 percent to 49.3 percent. All precincts were in, but provisional and absentee ballots were yet to be counted.

www2.tbo.com...

In the article they claim it doesn't matter, when in fact it does, there are several other states where the same thing has happened, and this should be a clear sign that Obama is the person tptb want for President.

BTW, every one of you who voted for Obama, you ALL deserve what is coming.

edit on 10-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yep! I voted for him

And yeah some ballots take time to be counted, same thing is happening in Arizona a state that Mitt Romney won and it was actually a close race there. So this thing is going on in many states just not states that Obama won.

BTW does Florida have the 90+ Electoral votes that Romney needs?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
So long as no one disputes or questions the need to have them all counted, in all the states, eventually then I don't see a problem. There have been some very unusual circumstances beyond anything people might question. Sandy is one...and some screw ups on the military ballots is another.

Romney isn't even talking challenge though, so it's not about that...just an accurate count in the final total.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
and some screw ups on the military ballots is another.

That claim was from a satirical site.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Which particular issue had you assumed I was talking about? There was more than one, as it happened. I don't know about any satirical report. I've been paying attention to the actual ones.

One day ahead of the election, Sens. John Cornyn (R-Texas), Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.), John McCain (R-Ariz.), Rob Portman (R-Ohio) and Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) sent a letter to Defense Secretary Leon Panetta to express their concern over delays in ballots reaching military voters overseas.

Mail redirection in the military can take between 14 to 50 days, meaning a ballot could reach the voter possibly more than a month after ballots have to be mailed back in order to be counted. The Military Postal Service Agency (MPSA) identified problems with the system after the 2010 election, but hasn’t implemented changes.
Source

The Hill definitely isn't satirical and this is a problem that Congress ordered DoD to fix. With all the money they've had in Defense, you'd think it'd be a perfect system by now. This is a link to a site with a number of different headlines and story summaries for military related ballot problems in 2012.

Military Voter Services

The problem predates Obama to be sure...but it sure should be fixed before the next mid term at the latest. Its gotten ridiculous I'd say.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Yeah, early on election day I did hear this somewhat related story in the media, then it disappeared by the end of the day it seemed, my perception anyway :

Republican Senators Express Concern About Military Voters Missing Election Day

C 'mon man! Their our SOLDIERS. Give me a friggin' break!
Yeah, we don't know how to mail some papers and collect them. Maybe instead of campaign people calling my private residence over and over the manpower could be better spent getting these guys and girls their ballots.
edit on 11/10/2012 by shockedonlooker because: reduced all caps in original headline

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Here is a kicker and while I highly doubt it would happen, but 24 states do not bind their delagates to any popular vote that occurred on November 6th. So when they meet in December to cast their ballots for president, they could in theory vote for Mitt Romney. Of those states, it is a total of 257 electoral votes. They are not bound to whatever the popular (and largely inconsequential) vote was.

Again, highly doubtful but then again, they are free to choose who they want for president when they meet.

Post Script: I highly recommend, for anyone wanting to effect change upon the prescribed system of the "electoral college" to research and learn their particular state's laws on the matter. If your state binds electives to "party", then it is time for a change. If they bind them to the "popular vote", it is time for a change.

Push the choice back to the states and thus the people. Push for a change in how your state elects its electors (ie, drop the buddy-buddy, wink wink nod nod system that nearly all states have adopted). You have more power than you think....
edit on 10-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by shockedonlooker

I still have contacts with some friends I have made who are in the military, some of them still serving in Afghanistan, and we get in contact from time to time.

The mayority of them would not have voted for Obama, and I wonder how many votes from our military personnel are missing...

BTW, to the member who asked if Florida has the 90+ votes romney needs... AGAIN, this is happening in SEVERAL states...

According to my girlfriend, who was listening to the news in Spanish, Obama announced that the economy was going for the worse... He comes to say it now, AFTER the election, so Obama's fans would vote for him again thinking he did a miracle with the economy...
If only Obama's fans knew ANYTHING about economics...

edit on 10-11-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I recommend everyone who is concerned about fraudulent elections go download Greg Palast's book; Billionaires and Ballot Bandits which is free for download today and tomorrow only.
Get it here - www.gregpalast.com... (thanks Mr. Palast - great book!)
There's a dozen ways to alter or abolish votes and like every election since 2000 they've employed the entire arsenal of dirty tricks to predetermine the results of this one.

I think the mass media is going to make a big show about Republicans stealing votes when the reality is the opposite. Some districts in Philadelphia voted 100% for Obama even while 2 Republican party committee heads actually live and voted in the same district. Military ballots delivered late or lost, provisional ballots tossed out...the fun never ends. Just when you think it can't get any worse in the US it does.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
I know the Obamatrons are going to be claiming it was a fair election...
But it actually wasn't. Many votes haven't been counted and they already called for Obama to be President, this should show any intelligent person out there that tptb actually want Obama to stay in office since he is doing their job quite well with a large percentage of Americans being dumbed down enough to have voted for him yet again.

In Florida, the race was too close to call as 200,000 votes had yet to be counted in nine counties, and Obama's lead was much less than that — 46,666 votes, or 49.9 percent to 49.3 percent. All precincts were in, but provisional and absentee ballots were yet to be counted.

www2.tbo.com...

In the article they claim it doesn't matter, when in fact it does, there are several other states where the same thing has happened, and this should be a clear sign that Obama is the person tptb want for President.

BTW, every one of you who voted for Obama, you ALL deserve what is coming.

In order for Romney to even make Florida a tie, he would have to get 60% of the uncounted votes (120,000 of the 200,000 votes). That simply will not happen. Not when all other votes cast only give Romney a 49.3% slice of the electorate pie. There is a reason Romney conceded; it's called statistical probability. In all statistical probability Romney has lost Florida.

edit on 10-11-2012 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There are over 600,000 provisional ballots yet to be counted in Arizona. The same in Ohio (325,000).

Here's the rub - those 3 state's (OH, AZ, and FL) Secretary of States are Republican. These 3 states also employed large-scale voter purges to turn valid voters into invalid voters, who were forced to use these provisional ballots. And most of these uncounted ballots come from Hispanic voters or from Democratic strongholds. Florida in particular, which FOX 'News' has been arguing with itself over, where as they finally admitted there are just no more Republican votes left for them to get there - only the remaining uncounted votes from Democratic-leaning counties.

Counting these votes will only further add to Obama's totals, not Romney, and make the win for him an even bigger landslide. In fact the 600,000 uncounted votes in AZ may change the outcome of the Sheriff's race (Joe Arpaio), and flip the state from red to blue. How would that look to the GOP - Arizona, of all states, having sent it's electoral votes to Obama and not the Republicans? That would be the ultimate blow to them demonstrating how big a loss this was, and probably one of the bigger reasons why counting the ballots is on the back burner. Seriously, it's an outrage and only shows America ranks right up there with the third world when it comes to holding a fair election.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Personally, I'd be happy to see the Voter Rolls purged in every state as a routine matter of business leading up to each national general election. Have the top Dem and top Repub required to do it together if that makes it workable because anything funny isn't the point. There's plenty of 'funny business' in simply knowing they don't automatically cross reference the Social Security Death Index with voter rolls on a routine basis. That would remove 99% of dead people and let's simply be honest here......one doesn't get on the SSDI without dying so it's a safe measure to use. It would also prevent those SS #'s from showing back up in the system when there shouldn't be another using it.

I'll say that purges close enough to the election so someone who just may get effected by mistake (where are these people who are valid and names are shown being there before but not after cleaning rolls?) can't fix it are wrong. Perhaps require the roll reviews no closer than 6 months out. That ought to be fair... We're as far from this being election related now as it gets tho....and it's still the issue it was last week, IMO.

Even the UN observers made statements I bookmarked and saved to hard drive saying they were shocked the US didn't even require ID or use ink to have accountability and what an impressive system it was to work so well on the honor system. err..... uhh.... I wonder if anyone had the heart to tell them? I mean who on the left trusts someone on the right by any honor system anymore or the other way around? It's kinda sad how it is now.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
At this point, it does not matter. Romney conceded...he gave up and gave in. You know when you are playing a sporting event and you concede loss, you do not get to go back and say "oh I was wrong, I want a re-do." I didn't care for either candidate but Romney knew he was defeated. His concession speech was well stated and I actually...for a moment...kinda liked the guy. How we accept defeat says a LOT about us. You do not get to accept defeat and then run up the flag later....it's over and done.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Even if someone called for a recount, either it wouldn't happen, or it would be fudged. America doesn't exist anymore.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

I live in AZ, and I have sent a snail-mail letter, email and left a VM for the AG demanding they properly count all votes.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's not a recount. It's a first count of the many many ballots that couldn't be counted on time. All elections have a % and this has more than most.

No one is claiming it's a game changer for Romney that I can see, least of all him. He conceded...and thank goodness. The nation couldn't take another sore loser challenger unless fraud was so black and white clear that even someone from outside our system could see it went wrong.

The call is always...always...being repeated that every vote counts and absolutely no one should be disenfranchised. Even if that comes to the extreme of some voting who shouldn't, to hear some. So when this actually is just processing the existing ballots which didn't get counted on Election night, why not all support it?

(These could have major effects on local or state issues....it's many states and who knows how close each one is? Obama and Romney never were the main reasons to vote anyway))

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Floridas attempt to gerry mander and restrict voting bit them in the butt. They became irrelevant...sad but true. Obama won without their vote...even if the entire state and all electoral votes went to Romney, it would not change the results. Their Governor needs to be run out of town on a rail....recalled or whatever. His manipulation of the rules and attempting to sway the outcome caused this.

yes, for the local and state elections, the votes need to be tallied and counted...but on the national stage...it's irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Obama wins Fla., topping Romney in final tally
By TAMARA LUSH | Associated Press – 16 mins ago

news.yahoo.com/obama-wins-fla-topping-romney-final-tally-175200615--election.html

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — President Barack Obama was declared the winner of Florida's 29 electoral votes Saturday, ending a four-day count with a razor-thin margin that narrowly avoided an automatic recount that would have brought back memories of 2000.

No matter the outcome, Obama had already clinched re-election and now has 332 electoral votes to Romney's 206.

The Florida Secretary of State's Office said that with almost 100 percent of the vote counted, Obama led Republican challenger Mitt Romney 50 percent to 49.1 percent, a difference of about 74,000 votes. That was over the half-percent margin where a computer recount would have been automatically ordered unless Romney had waived it.

There is a Nov. 16 deadline for overseas and military ballots, but under Florida law, recounts are based on Saturday's results. Only a handful of overseas and military ballots are believed to remain outstanding.

(...)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join