It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Wall Street campaigners buy-up debt to abolish it

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+29 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Occupy Wall Street campaigners buy-up debt to abolish it

www.telegra ph.co.uk

A group of campaigners linked to the Occupy Wall Street movement is buying-up distressed loans for pennies in the pound and cancelling them to "liberate debtors at random".
(visit the link for the full news article)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
bail out the people, by the people.

that is so awesome!

thank you so much, thank you

although i would prefer banks choose on their freewill to do the right thing or have governments force them too as they should not see any more money, this is so awesome though..

i would also like to see the federal reserve/for-profit banking system be abolished, asap

thank you

www.telegra ph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Awesome. Another way for people who were not responsible with money to be rewarded for their ineptitude.
When I was growing up, you got rewarded for doing things correctly.

Hey world, where's my bailout for having no public debt, and deciding to live within my means?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomtangentsrme
Awesome. Another way for people who were not responsible with money to be rewarded for their ineptitude.

Hey world, where's my bailout for having no public debt, and deciding to live within my means?

lol

good for you, so why not save the world and start over?

+46 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

You just bailed out Billionaires a few years ago. Remember the 1% who didn't actually go broke but just got richer off your hard earned money?

So now it's time to complain about bailing out the 99%? Many who actually need it?

Peace

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
not everyone is good at the material world bro...

this way of life is not natural...many of us struggle because we jsut wish to be free as spiritual beings...

this needing money to survive sucks, lol

really it is not natural.
edit on 9-11-2012 by cornucopia because: misspelling..lol

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
the only reason the federal reserve was created was because the government couldn't profit off the people with money they authorized them to print.

how bad would it look for citizens to be in debt to its own government. it would no longer be a free government.

the federal reserve has no problem making a profit off the government.

why this middleman was created is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

The farther below,the better.

Within your means don't work.

You have to live below your means.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cornucopia

Why? Because I cannot afford to. I work in the arts.
A good year for me is $30,000. An average year is $20,000. My best year has been $50,000. I live in California, so this is not a lot of money.

So again I ask, why reward those who were not responsible with their money?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Cool~Thanks!

Some of the most 'liberating' news heard in a while.

This is noble in deed!

Modern day robin hood without the robbin'

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yes I do remember them. How did I bail them out?
I understand taxes went to them, yes possibly taxes I contributed, went to them. But I had no direct or final say about that.

If it's truly bailing out the 99% Send me my check too, and I'll support this movement. Until then, I'll continue to count my pennies so I can actually afford to be generous with the portion of my income the government lets me keep.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wish I was debt free, that will hopefully be five years from now if nothing bad happens. A simple accident can screw up things but even then there is always some good that comes from bad. It is finding the good that evolved that is important. If you keep looking at the bad then you do not see the good.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Nice to hear of this type of thing...

You who respond negatively to it think like your masters.

You think like those who rule you.

That is why you think it is negative.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I'm with "Occupy My Home" and I donate to paying off my own debt every month.
Hope to have it done before I die or my retirement funds are nationalized.
Debt abolishment starts at home.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

your bailout is the one you have right now, same as mine.
well done you managed to do your own bailout.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

While I do not like handouts, part of me thinks why? Why be responsible? I can run up huge debt, and various people can feel sorry for me.
Here's my sad story, my fiancee and I cannot afford her dream honeymoon (A few days at Disney world- not that extreme).

Anyway. Thank you. You reminded me I'm not the only one who understands.

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

reply to post by cornucopia

Why? Because I cannot afford to. I work in the arts.
A good year for me is $30,000. An average year is $20,000. My best year has been $50,000. I live in California, so this is not a lot of money.

So again I ask, why reward those who were not responsible with their money?

You are simply assuming that all of these people were irresponsible with their money, which is simply not the case. I suggest you educate yourself regarding the predatory lending techniques administered by the banking establishments across America, and look into the derivatives market as well as the bailout given to the richest folks in the country with YOUR hard-earned money. In the course of your research, if you actually do it, you will learn that your assumptions are not only incorrect, but erroneous as well. Maybe even irresponsible, lol.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

my fiancee and I cannot afford her dream honeymoon (A few days at Disney world

If that's the extent of your sad story, you're right. You don't need a bail-out.

But how about the ones who lost their homes, cars, jobs and savings to the 1% that got it all?

Can they have a little help?

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Seeing as how I am a home owner and read the fine print on a contract. Sorry man, you do not enter into a contract that is bad.
My "assumptions" are based on working since I was 13, and having enough extended family with law degree's to have learned how to read a contract. Granted a lot of people have not had my experience. But I learned from the lawyer's in my family, ignorance doesn't break the legal contract.
They were irresponsible. Sorry you don't think so. A contract takes two parties to agree to it.
I did not buy my house under those predatory lending contracts. I had ample opportunity to do so.

But I do love your suggestion that because people thought they had a right, they had no obligation to honor the legal contracts the agreed into.
I was educated at public schools, and I saw through this BS.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

reply to post by ancientthunder

While I do not like handouts, part of me thinks why? Why be responsible? I can run up huge debt, and various people can feel sorry for me.
Here's my sad story, my fiancee and I cannot afford her dream honeymoon (A few days at Disney world- not that extreme).

Anyway. Thank you. You reminded me I'm not the only one who understands.

oh thats fine those things are not that important its the bare necessities that count, we all stand to loose out somethings in this change over. Also I have found that disney land is all around if you look properly.haha

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join