It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Someone points out the Media influence on this war:

LINK

Critic Accuses Media of Aiding U.S. War Propaganda
Thu May 1,10:04 AM ET

By David Morgan

PHILADELPHIA (Reuters) - It is one of the most famous images of the war in Iraq (news - web sites): a U.S. soldier scaling a statue of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites) in Baghdad and draping the Stars and Stripes over the black metal visage of the ousted despot.

But for Harper's magazine publisher John MacArthur, that same image of U.S. military victory is also indicative of a propaganda campaign being waged by the Bush administration.

"It was absolutely a photo-op created for (U.S. President George W.) Bush's re-election campaign commercials," MacArthur, a self-appointed authority on U.S. government propaganda, said in an interview. "CNN, MSNBC and Fox swallowed it whole."

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
that has been the medias position all along. first saying that they aren't and don't condone using propaganda, then saying the muslim, or the religious, or things like that to refer to the regime. i've heard comments a lot to make the idea that the people we fight are crazed terrorists and stuff like that. what ever happened to impartiality? most of my news come from ats anyway, so i don't pay much attention to the liberals. ahem, liberty supporting crackheads, err no, oh ya, "anchors" on tv.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Of course, this really makes me remember the picture of the flag raising on Iwo Jima.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   

what a sad state of affairs

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
how much do these three media companies control of the total landscape ?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
If I understand your question correctly, they are the major three news sources here in the states. They basically own it all.

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Arent these grounds enough to start an antitrust campaign ?

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
here is who controls what of earth terrain, or battleground or whatever

msnbc = sea
cnn = air
fox = land

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I dont think so, and heres why. As far as I know, these channels arent owned by the same company, so they still compete against each other.

I think we need a REAl news channel, with true "fair and balanced" reporting.

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by Tetsuo-51]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ok but three companies on a market is by no way "perfect competition", and as such an infringement to antitrust regulations : Rational behaviour by these companies ends up in "oligopolistic collusion", in fact behaving like a monopoly, and as a consequence, the quality of the product deteriorates, as this example plainly shows.

[Edited on 1-5-2003 by Maxwell Smart]

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
then they need to endorse propaganda. Propaganda is great. Would you rather have propaganda, or repetitive mind control???

top topics

join