It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does Bush want to destroy our economy?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Do you know how bills get written and passed? They put an idea out. The opposition accepts it or doesnt. Then what usually happens is THEY write a bill. Eventually it gets compromised.

The Obama administration and Dems WONT DO THIS. They just DONT WANT a budget. They dont want the American sheeple to see what they really do with tax payers money.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

A few times now people have replied to threads of yours with facts and honest questions. You pick and choose what you respond to because when you're proven wrong and/or a good point is made to the contrary of your opinion you have nothing to say.

It would be nice to quit deflecting and respond to what the thread said.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

edit on 11-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Now that Obama has been elected to a second term, this makes G.W. Bush the longest-serving President in American history. Congratulations, George.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin I just think it's hilarious that people STILL blame Bush after being out of office for 4 years.

Seriously. Obama never lies .. Obama always has a good excuse .. Obamas awesome ... and it's still all Bush's fault they all say. Its' freak'n hysterical.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Obama will save the economy.
Obama will secure foreign policy.
Obama will provide jobs.
Obama will reduce the debt.

Because the left tells us so.

. . . . . . . waiting.. . . . . . . .
.. . . . . . . . . . waiting.. . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .waiting. . . . . . . . . . . .

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
why do people think you can recover from a depression in 2 years ?

why would anyone re-elect the idiots who caused it so they can do it again ?

don't you get it ?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I thought the role of each administration is to delay the inevitable crash of the economy?

Over the past few administrations in not only the US, but Canada, UK and the EU....most newly elected governments try to put a band-aid on the economic situation in hopes they can accomplish their goals and pass the buck on to the next elected leader

I thought the concept of electing leaders to fix the economy was a long running joke

In my opinion, it would take a global effort to fix the economy, no one country can implement change to fix the problem. Globalization has interconnected the planet to much to ignore the fact that when one institution changes, another one is effected somewhere else in the world.
edit on 24-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Perhaps not two, but every economic downturn in this country since 1882, except for two, have been completely repaired in, at most, 3 1/2 years. The Great Depression was the other one.

The Atlanta Federal Reserve studied them all and said that current research shows that the two things that these two "depressions" have in common causing the slow recovery are uncertainty and government policies.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Perhaps not two, but every economic downturn in this country since 1882, except for two, have been completely repaired in, at most, 3 1/2 years. The Great Depression was the other one.

The Atlanta Federal Reserve studied them all and said that current research shows that the two things that these two "depressions" have in common causing the slow recovery are uncertainty and government policies.

so bush caused the depression, we agree on that. so if obama didn't fix it fast enough, we should let them back in to roll back regulations and go for it again ?

pure stupidity

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Dear syrinx high priest,

I received a different impression from the Federal Reserve article, and I may be mis-conveying it. If I provided a link to the article (and I think I did) you might want to check it yourself so that I don't distort it in passing its message along.

so bush caused the depression, we agree on that.
I'm fairly sure I didn't say that. I don't believe that the only causes of the recession were decisions made by President Bush, and the whole thing is irrelevant to the point I was trying to make.

so if obama didn't fix it fast enough,
That's touching on the point, but still missing it. The article indicated that the reason the Obama recession is taking as long to fix as the Great Depression is because of Governmental policies and uncertainity. It's not that he's too slow to fix it, but it's worth noticing that every other president who has faced a serious economic problem, whether they were smart or stupid, Republican or Democrat, fixed it a lot faster than Obama. It's that Obama is aggravating the recession, making it longer lasting. The real question is why does Obama want to destroy our economy?

we should let them back in to roll back regulations and go for it again ?

pure stupidity
I think you're mistaken if you think that the centerpiece of economic reform is reduction of regulations. Besides, I hope you would agree that some regulations turned out to be helpful, and others made things worse.

With respect,
Charles1952

<< 1  2   >>

join