It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoping to Shed Some Light on Obama Win

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Attention: I'M NOT ASKING YOU FOR YOUR OPINION ON WHY OBAMA WON!!!
Please if you don't have anything to say regarding the video posted here in the OP then please do not clog up my thread with your usual political grandstanding. I've heard it all before and this site has lately been inundated with it.
I'm sick of it and that's why I created this thread in order to try to explain to people the root cause of these divisions we experience between one another. Telling me that you want the country to move forward and not backward basically just proves to me that you are a mindless sheep who doesn't deserve the right to vote. You are a useful idiot who is good at being spoon fed propaganda. Bye.

I just wanted to share a video that will hopefully help explain how/why so many millions of Americans actually decided to vote to give Barack Hussein Obama a second term in the face of so many obvious reasons not to (many of which are clearly outlined in the following threads
America Has Passed the Rubicon... , If you voted for Obama... )

The whole video is great, but start at 07:35.

Rough transcription:

Stefan Molyneux: starting at 07:35

"So many people around the world have this illusion, that people look at the objective facts, and draw their conclusion. They believe that, what we believe is the effect of the facts that we are exposed to. Therefore, if we expose people to different and newer facts, they will change what they believe. This is not true!

..The belief systems that people hold, are not the result of any objective evaluation of information. Their prejudices are inherently, they're socially inflicted, they're propagandized in school, in church, in communities, in families..They are reinforced by endless bouts of media, etc..

People are just an emotional gourdian knot kaleidoscopic cluster frack of prior prejudices stuffed into their heads and held aloft by the spears of social approval or ostracism.

Because people haven't been reasoned into their beliefs they can't be reasoned out of their beliefs.

When people are confronted with a personal moral decision, or moral decision relating to society at large, their flight or fight mechanism fires first, and only much later does the frontal cortex, the reasoning center of the brain kick in and create some sort of justification.

Based upon people's need and greed, they construct ex post facto justifications for what they want from government.

People have impulses like greed, lust, shame, fear,..and then they construct an ideology to justify whatever those impulses are triggering them to do.

The impulse precedes, and is often in direct conflict with the reasoning centers of the brain. You can see this happening in the brain, you can look up the studies. Strong emotional responses, and then afterwards they create justifications for it.

The impulses and emotions are there first, and then the reasoning is there later. So thinking you can change people's emotions by changing their reasoning, is putting the cart ahead of the horse. It's like thinking you can stop it from raining by putting up an umbrella.

When people have prejudices, showing them facts that run counter to those prejudices does not dislodge those prejudices. In fact, it is much more likely to make those prejudices stronger.

(continued in video)

edit on 9-11-2012 by Jedimind because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedimind
I just wanted to share a video that will hopefully help explain how/why so many millions of Americans actually decided to vote to give Barack Hussein Obama a second term

No need for a video, the only reason is the voters preferred Obama to Romney.

No amount of whining or making excuses by Romney supporters will change that fact.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Obama won because America does NOT need another Bush economy.

Obama won because America realizes that we need to go FORWARD and not BACKWARDS.

Obama won because America is realizing that trickle-down economics is an EPIC FAIL.

Obama won because America realizes that it is BEST for the super-wealthy to receive the burden of getting America BACK on its feet and not those who cannot afford food on the table.

Obama won because people didnt buy into the "job creators" nonsense and can SEE THE FACTS that the economy is at its BEST when the wealthy are not getting away with not paying their fair share in taxes.

Obama won because even CONSERVATIVE ECONOMISTS cannot help but to agree with him!!

Obama won because... well, to wrap this up quickly, because America said SCREW-OFF Conservatives we dont believe in your ANTI-AMERICAN ideology!!!

edit on 9-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd say thanks for the responses so far but neither of you obviously paid any attention to what it is I was specifically talking about in the OP as far as how psychology relates to politics so...

It's too bad because you both seem like you are having first hand experience with what he talks about in the video.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

No need for a video huh? Well in that case then there's no need for a response from you! The whole point of my thread was to try to expose people to ideas in the video so if you don't care to respond to the video itself then go somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Obama won a mandate by Electoral College numbers and it's a victory he's got every right to celebrate. It's right there and he earned it. I won't go so far as to say I'll be celebrating on his inauguration day. I'll probably stay off line and get drunk. Just that one day...if it's not a school day next semester.

Having said that, he won by 2% of the real person to person, individual american level vote and it's almost comically weighted specifically to major cities and Metro areas by the map right now.

Now Wiki ain't a source. I know that. Here, Wiki has the more user friendly way of showing the data, so I give it first with the second link being the more complex way to get to the same numbers...and they are supported. If one sorts by the % column, Grover Cleveland had a larger ..ahem..landslide than Obama is currently projected when looking simply at how large a difference exists between those supporting and not supporting.

Reagan was an example of an election that established a major mandate....at 18% difference between those who supported and didn't. It was almost so lopsided on the map, it was obnoxious.. lol

Wiki Popular Vote %'s over history
Election Statistics site - Past to Present of all kinds

Now again, Obama has earned his victory and it's a significant one. It gives him the mandate to lead the nation. What I believe it falls far short of though, is a mandate to impose anything on the other near 50% of the nation as defined by population ....and frankly, vast majority by land and area....even across states that did go blue.

Directly to topic.....

Given the very close margins for how many went each way.....I think a large difference was made in the last period by two BIG things and they are legitimate ones.

The first is Todd Akin, the flaming imbecile who apparently got his biology education in a dirty book store or something......and how that tarred everyone else. It also shed light on how many other imbeciles the GOP has that I'll bet many 'rank and file' weren't so familiar with the ....ignorance.. of.
Hopefully party can be set aside in some cases for a few future elections to get those individual idiots out of elected office. No one needs caveman mentality and it's self-defeating to a comical level.

Second was Sandy. I don't know how it's going now....and that's not relevant either way. Now isn't what Obama DID get right, to give credit where it's due. One of my threads was a DoD deployment status update and they were moving far more than I recall Bush and Blanco ever moving for Katrina. One can argue any number of factors for why...but the end result was still that one did it and one didn't. I think that gave him a chance to be Presidential and he took it. In fairness, again, he did live up to it for at least that phase of the disaster, however it turns out.

(tosses two cents into jar)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I'm glad to have further confirmation that ATS is sliding into the mainstream mob mentality where thinking a little beyond the superficial is taboo. Three or so replies and not one person has actually addressed the topic that I clearly outlined in the OP.

The typical and predictable pep rally style comment that treats this more like a Red Sox and Yankees rivalry than politics gets many stars already. You people deserve all the suffering that is coming to you.

p.s. Please if you don't have anything to say regarding the video posted in the OP then please do not clog up my thread with your usual political grandstanding. I've heard it all before and this site has lately been inundated with it.
I'm sick of it and that's why I created this thread in order to try to explain to people the root cause of these divisions we experience between one another. Telling me that you want the country to move forward and not backward basically just proves to me that you are a mindless sheep who doesn't deserve the right to vote. You are a useful idiot who is good at being spoon fed propaganda. Bye.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Obama won because the people didn't want the US to bend to Israels will. If Romney won, it would be immediate war with Iran, immediate cutting of banking regulations.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedimind

I believe obama won because alot of us didnt vote, as both are beyond worthy of our vote, neither is the answer, and both really represent the same thing.

It is kinda funny to see the same people, parroting the same tag lines and talking points, and not even seeing the obsurd nature of their position.

Politics needs to be shot, burned, and the ashes rather liberally sprinkled with urine.

Good OP, too bad many will still only see "hahahah Romney lost Obama won, this means liberal ideas are right, and conservative ideas are wrong" even though both are just fronts used to divide the whole populous, and keep us from uniting and actually fixing things.

Star and flag, too bad the sheeple will not understand your point I am afraid.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I watched up to about 12 minutes until it was completely apparent that this video is a bunch of gobbledygook of a guy trying to make himself look smart. Most of what he was saying people process on a subconscious level and move on to the issues.

The guy seems like a second term psychology major that ingested something and now thinks he is insightful.

Sorry OP sometimes things are just what they seem to be. Suck it up and drive on.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
(self snip) - minor confusion cleared up with OP.
S/F on a good thread to bring serious thought, to be sure.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I watched up to about 12 minutes until it was completely apparent that this video is a bunch of gobbledygook of a guy trying to make himself look smart. Most of what he was saying people process on a subconscious level and move on to the issues.

The guy seems like a second term psychology major that ingested something and now thinks he is insightful.

Sorry OP sometimes things are just what they seem to be. Suck it up and drive on.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: spelling

So basically you're saying "Suck it up and move on"...Wow...Once again, I really wish that people who don't have anything of value to add just moved on instead of basically spraying graffiti on my thread with a condescending, pompous, know it all, and mostly immature attitude.

How the heck are we supposed to advance as a species when this is the type of response people like myself get when I try to start a real dialogue? Realize that this isn't a Competition! and I'm not trying to win an intellectual battle with you, you fool!

I encourage you to do a little research about Stefan Molyneux. Whether you agree with his ideas or not I can guarantee you he's a couple notches above "second term psychology major that ingested something and now thinks he is insightful". (Although it says something about you that you'd be so quick to judge and make a false assumption.)

Stefan Molyneux has the most popular philosophy radio show in the world with around 5 millions downloads a year. He knows more about philosophy than you will ever know in your entire life if you continue with the attitude you have now. He has changed thousands, perhaps millions, of lives in a positive way to help them see the truth about the violent and coercive nature of government. I could go on but what's the point. I've got to learn not to cast pearls before swine.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The guy in the video is correct.

That is what happened.
It's called predictive programming.
The American public has been conditioned.
In exactly the feel-first maybe think-later he explains.

As to the flagrant trolling in this thread,
congratulations are due to Jedi for making it.

In my opinion you bagged not one but two possible dis-info agents.

As juvenile as they may pretend to be.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Nice insults way to show some class. As far his credentials you do know the same could be said about Dr Phil but what do I know right. I just call BS when I see it. Maybe some people need to be told how they came to their own decisions actually many people do that is why we have so many psychologists out there. I even heard there are dog psychologists but I for one don’t have need for them ( dog ao human)but for those that do I wish them the best and hope they get well soon. If he has a segment on anger management or even control issues seeing as how upset you seem about how people post in an open thread it might be beneficial for you to look into it or find someone who doesn’t have a radio show.

Considering how many people from all walks of life have their own show I hope that isn’t your only criteria to take someone serious. Just saying and I hope you get well soon.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Nice insults way to show some class. As far his credentials you do know the same could be said about Dr Phil but what do I know right. I just call BS when I see it. Maybe some people need to be told how they came to their own decisions actually many people do that is why we have so many psychologists out there. I even heard there are dog psychologists but I for one don’t have need for them ( dog ao human)but for those that do I wish them the best and hope they get well soon. If he has a segment on anger management or even control issues seeing as how upset you seem about how people post in an open thread it might be beneficial for you to look into it or find someone who doesn’t have a radio show.

Considering how many people from all walks of life have their own show I hope that isn’t your only criteria to take someone serious. Just saying and I hope you get well soon.

Hope I get well? Nice underhanded insult and insinuation that I'm not well (another way of saying crazy), way to show some class.

Once again you are completely off topic and add nothing of value. Dr. Phil, dog psychologists, anger management, control issues, trying to insult me and say I have psychological problems, etc. You're not even attempting to address anything in the OP whatsoever.

Simply saying, "I call BS when I see it" and not addressing the actual statements that you call BS, is BS!
Trying to character assassinate Stefan Molyneux does nothing to address his basic arguments.

Your avoidance of being able to objectively talk about the actual substance of what is said in the video is just reaffirming the whole point of my thread. Thanks for providing real world evidence that what he says is correct.

new topics

top topics

join