It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Is Over, Obama's Inbox Overflows with World Crises

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

On the top of Obama’s in-tray: Syria. The civil war there is relentless. Opposition sources say at least 38,000 people have been killed. Syrian leader Bashar Assad pledges he will live and die in Syria. Only a puppet, he says, would step down or flee his nation for exile.

Between Syria & Iran, the US has some MAJOR problems to contend with...

Article & Video
edit on 11/9/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Why is it OUR problem? Why does everything have to be OUR problem? Im sick and tired of having to protect the world from evil. When we get dragged in, THEN its OUR problem but as of right now,lets stay out of all this BS.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I'm no professional geographer or anything, but last time I checked, Syria and Iran weren't in the United States.
Someone go ahead and try to remind me and the rest of the world why this is Obama's and the United States' problem.

Oh wait... Netenyahoo. That makes it your problem, apparently! /sarcasm
edit on 9/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: clarity

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
America DOES NOT need to be getting involved with this NONSENSE around the world until OUR PROBLEMS are all resolved!!

For those that just feel that America just MUST be holding everyones hands around the world, STRAP YOUR BOOTS ON AND HEAD OVER THERE YOURSELVES!!!!!!

Go on!! GO!!! GO ALREADY!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by damingus
Why is it OUR problem? Why does everything have to be OUR problem? Im sick and tired of having to protect the world from evil. When we get dragged in, THEN its OUR problem but as of right now,lets stay out of all this BS.

I understand what you mean, BUT!! In order for USA to stay safe & above the water this must be done "Negotiate peace"

I know i know it sucks right?

It is not as simple as just looking after our country while other countries are at war with each other.

A Perfect world would be if all other countries did not have to deal with other countries problems..

Though the so called "Perfect world" will never become possible, The complicity of making a perfect world is beyond higher intelligence.

edit on 9-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

edit on 9-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My fellow members hit the nail on the head.

It is arrogant and outright hypocritical to think that the US should be involved in the dealings of other nations when we have our own issues to deal with at home.

In fact, the US is most likely part of the root causes surrounding ME issues at this time. We send our troops and CIA assets across the globe to combat injustice and install democracy, but we just stifle the democratic process along the way.

I say Obama needs to burn the inbox and tackle issues that affect Americans.
edit on 9-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2012 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
If Israel can afford to have a CIA counterpart, they can afford to pay for it with their own resources.

I'm sure there are bigger issues that would be way more beneficial to spend time and energy on than supporting a country that wants to use terrorism against another nation.

There is no justification for Israel to use deadly military force over something they cannot even prove is 100% true and accurate. Ask anyone who would be harmed in an Israeli preemptive strike what happened. I'm sure they would call it terrorism.

So would most people familiar with that thing called common sense.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Please accept that this is not an anti-Obama post. He is our President.

These various crises have been around for four years. The Middle-East has been, or should have been a focus of our attention for years. Obama must have a foreign policy for that region by now. I don't happen to know what it is, but that doesn't matter, he must have one. He couldn't have just been throwing darts at a board, could he?

Why would he change what he's done for the last four years? And how would he explain a change in policy? We didn't know that Syria might have an Arab Spring, never thought it could happen, we have to re-think everything?

No, I believe, at best, that what you've seen is what you'll get.

new topics

top topics

join