Obama holds firm to tax hikes as he invites Hill leaders to talks on 'fiscal cliff'

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Obama holds firm to tax hikes as he invites Hill leaders to talks on 'fiscal cliff'

Obama seems "firm" and "dedicated" to those rich tax hikes.

He is making it "clear".

And there hides the true deception.

Apparently those tax hikes on higher incomes won't hardly even put a dent in the deficits.

Democrats may be playing a master plan with this.

Maybe it's not the tax rates ?
Maybe it's the wild binge spending that fuels the corruption ? Maybe that's the real protection racket being advertised.

Hmmm. Sounds more like raving jealousy is reigning supreme.

I bet they set up some legislation chock full of amendments and what not to "bait the hooks" for a classic filibuster in the Senate (Blame Game #1).

The standard "blame game" tactic will forever be preserved.

If and when the tax cuts expire or get "compromised" by legislation, they still have "blame game #2". Clever strategy.

I bet it might work.
The end "prize" is to attempt to capture a House majority and keep the Senate in the 2014 elections.

All stern & serious too !!

President Obama, claiming his election "majority" was a vindication of his fiscal policy, held firm Friday to his intention to include tax hikes for America's top earners in any negotiations with Congress to pull the nation back from the so-called "fiscal cliff."

The president, in his first remarks from Washington since winning a second term, urged officials to "get to work" on the issue as he invited congressional leaders to the White House next week. He said he's open to "compromise," but did not appear to budge on what has been a central disagreement over the last two years -- whether to extend the Bush-era tax rates for everyone, or to let them lapse for households making more than $250,000.

"I refuse to accept any approach that isn't balanced," Obama said Friday. "This was a central question during the election ... and on Tuesday night, we found out that a majority of Americans agree with my approach."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Ben Stein agrees with him taxes need to be raised on the wealthy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

i hope this man in the video is not suggesting some people paying 70-90% in taxes is fair, that's bull#

join