It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World hates the US and I found a Potential Solution?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
As a relatively new member here, I guess I would have to agree with the original post - if the world wants the US to "mind their own business" then maybe they should. Next time someone comes whining that "we need the US help, and they only sent troops and billions of dollars" maybe the US should say no way. For instance, the next time France needs any help - the US should send a cheese tray and a nice Beret.
Maybe it's time to "watch after our own", and let the rest of the world fend for itself.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Umm hasnt the US already done that on many an occasion....?
Waiting for inevitable "WHAT ABOUT WW*?".....

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Umm hasnt the US already done that on many an occasion....?
Waiting for inevitable "WHAT ABOUT WW*?".....

Done what - fend for itself? What's the punchline. Homeless on the streets, seniors unable to afford basic healthcare, children with no access to computers, let alone proper nutrition - yet we still fight others battles - both with them or for them. Every time something happens in the world, eyes get turned to the US for help - even though they may be ungrateful before and after the fact. Please do tell how the US has "done that on many an occasion"?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
As a relatively new member here, I guess I would have to agree with the original post - if the world wants the US to "mind their own business" then maybe they should. Next time someone comes whining that "we need the US help, and they only sent troops and billions of dollars" maybe the US should say no way. For instance, the next time France needs any help - the US should send a cheese tray and a nice Beret.
Maybe it's time to "watch after our own", and let the rest of the world fend for itself.

The intention of your post is to be the kid who takes his bat and goes home, thinking the rest of the international ATS members here will "see the error of their ways and realise that America is lord and saviour".

I don't have a problem at all if your personal decision is to "not help the world" anymore and "let them suffer without us" (essentially what you are saying). But why boohoo about it here? How can we make this happen for you? If you were really serious you would be writing letters to your congressman or the President.

But no, you probably havn't done any of that, have you. You just decided to get on an internet forum and seek a reaction. Grand stand a little. Talk down to the rest of the international members here because... you are American.

That's it, isn't it?

The reality is you are just a nobody, like any other nobody in the world.

Yes, that's it.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   

The intention of your post is to be the kid who takes his bat and goes home, thinking the rest of the international ATS members here will "see the error of their ways and realise that America is lord and saviour".

Nope - I don't go home with my bat, I use it. I do not want anyone to see the error of their ways. Just want to share my opinion. And I believe the words I wrote.

I don't have a problem at all if your personal decision is to "not help the world" anymore and "let them suffer without us" (essentially what you are saying). But why boohoo about it here? How can we make this happen for you? If you were really serious you would be writing letters to your congressman or the President.

But no, you probably havn't done any of that, have you. You just decided to get on an internet forum and seek a reaction. Grand stand a little. Talk down to the rest of the international members here because... you are American.

Actually I have written to all of my representatives including George W. Looking for a reaction. eh? Yes I guess I am, but last time I checked I am allowed to voice my opinion. I've voiced my opinion - now why don't you give me yours, before you throw out insults. I am proud to be American, and have served my country proudly. What did I say that leads you to brand me as grandstanding?
Can't wait to hear youur rebuttal.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
No rebuttals here. Only sense vs nonsense. And seriously, good luck with the efforts to contact your congressman and the president. I mean it. Pity they won't listen to you. How far do you think it might get? Not very? Yeah, sucks.

Anyway, As for pulling out of the world for good and all that, that's quite ok. I'm sure that the 5.7 billion of us (after the rest of your 300 million have retreated into Fortress Americana) can scrounge up some pocket change for the next tsunami victims. We all might be 3rd world countries with mud huts and barter systems, but we can pull together to send a few goats or chickens if it's needed!

Let me add, there is a reason why they won't listen to you. And the reason for that is because it is in their interests to have their fingers stuck firmly into this country or that. Economic Imperialism doesn't work if your house is the hermitage. The Neo-Conservative Manifesto, Project for the New American Century. Yeeeehhhaaaw!

[edit on 15-4-2005 by cargo]

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Done what - fend for itself? What's the punchline. Homeless on the streets, seniors unable to afford basic healthcare, children with no access to computers, let alone proper nutrition - yet we still fight others battles - both with them or for them. Every time something happens in the world, eyes get turned to the US for help - even though they may be ungrateful before and after the fact. Please do tell how the US has "done that on many an occasion"?

Are we debateing US healthcare or social care?
No we are talking about forign policy's, BTW you'll find the problem of those 2 is because of capatalism hence looking out for ones self.
In forign policy wise the US never does the right thing just because its the right thing, what use would there be for destroying a dictatorship?
No reason because all it would mean was death, now if the dictatorships had reasources **BTW I am not saying the US steals these*** or has a tactical advantage then they would invade.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
What if a presidential canidate ran on the platform of "isolationism" but with a patriotic PR twist? Saying things such as:

"Our focus is now on domestic policy- no longer will we carry the rest of the world"

"Our attention and money will be put back into making this country even greater"

"No longer are the war of the worlds our wars to fight"

"We will maintain a neutral/peacful forgein policy, who's single priority is to defend the homeland and NOT from abroad"

You get the idea.... So how do you think the masses would respond? Would there be an outcry to keep foriegn policy as it is (of coarse the opposing platform would say so, but what about the citizens, you?)

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
An interesting link I found, man does this raise some questions? Just what WOULD happen is the United States did this? Comments?

Maybe we should do what our critics say they want and stop interfering in the world. Maybe we should:

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

Nothing much would change, the attacks would go down but they're not attacks on America or the Coalition, they're more foolish children being thrown at the "Devil" which invaded there Country.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

Israel would admit it has Nuclear Weapons to stop an invasion by the Muslim world to reclaim one of their holy cities. Israel would have to allow them (Muslims) to visit the Holy City and share the rule of it, which is all they want.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

Kim would start to bully South Korea around but nothing major would change. He won't attack through fear. Japan would have to admit about its War Crimes in WW2 as America wouldn't be able to protect them from China.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

Nobody would die, because Taiwan wouldn't declare independence. You'd get them as another state of China.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

Nothing major would change in Europe, we don't earn that much money from the U.S. bases, dispite what people think.

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

Movies, etc, are mostly international not just American mad. You might see other Nations start to make them though, with Hollywood and its dominance gone. Which would help boost many E.U. nations economies. (Germany, France, Britain would get a lot from this happening.) Stuff like McDonalds, is easy to replace someone in Europe would pop up in a day with teh cash to do so and take over. It'd do more harm to America.

And then, maybe, at least some people outside the U.S. would realize that, for all our sins, we've done - and are still doing - more good than ill, even if the Haliburton Corporation does profit from our actions sometimes.

And, frankly, if the U.S. wasn't the sole superpower, someone else would be in the top spot. Does anyone REALLY want Jacques Chirac to have the power that President Bush has? Or, worse, the nice people who run the People's Republic of China? Or Bashar Assad, or the Mullahs of Iran, or Osama bin Laden? Or Kim Jong Il?
www.elevendayempire.com...

Please don't put the entire post in bold - dbates

what's so wrong with Chirac? And how would get get the power? China wouldn't want full control, they just want Asai. Bin Laden would never be in charge, neither would Kim Jong or any of the Mullahs. You'd probably see a lot of the smaller nations go to war to settle problems and once that was over the world would be reshaped a lot.

If anything the E.U. would be seen as the new global power, alone with Russia and China. They'd focus on reforming ans boosting their own economy. You might see the Midle East form its own sort of E.U. to protect against the Nuclear Israel, same goes in Africa and South America.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   
More sillyness.

The world doesn't hate the USA or Americans, just the loopy right-winger extremist element now in charge and their idea of foreign, economic and 'defence' policies.

Get over yourself ed.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:59 PM
link   
what's all this talk of the US "fighting other people's wars"? are we not a democracy? do we not ask ourselves before we join a war if doing so is in the national interest? for any number of reasons, we fight in wars because we- or our betters- think it will help america in some way to do so. not because we just feel sorry for the losing side. we didnt fight vietnam, ww1 or 2 because we had some desire to fight another persons war. those wars were OUR wars the moment we stepped in, if not before. if we didn't fight them, the problem would be OURS just as much as europes, asias, or anyone elses- or so the logic went for the people who made the decisions. probably more so, since we depend the rest of the world quite a lot, having an economy our size.

to be technical about things, we frequently get other people to fight our wars, but we've never fought someone elses war. to say we have is to deny the reasons we fight, be they just or unjust. the most one can say is that we've entered wars other parties have started.

-koji K.

[edit on 15-4-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

LOL! If the UN took over Iraq the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and Tawhid and Jihad and all them would rule the place in less than a month, I guarantee it! The UN is too lax with these kinda things, and the input from terrorist-ran country is a bad thing.
Ok I am guessing you don’t know it was US that created Taliban and Al-Qaeda. US is the cause of the creation of most terrorists groups and its not that. Whenever there is conflict between two countries, US stick its noise into their conflicts and create more tension. Perhaps you should spend more time and read before coming here and blah what ever come to your mind.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   

LOL! If the UN took over Iraq the Taliban and Al-Qaeda and Tawhid and Jihad and all them would rule the place in less than a month, I guarantee it! The UN is too lax with these kinda things, and the input from terrorist-ran country is a bad thing.
Ok I am guessing you don’t know it was US that created Taliban and Al-Qaeda. US is the cause of the creation of most terrorists groups around the world and its not just that. Whenever there is conflict between two countries, US stick its noise into their conflicts and create more tension. Perhaps you should spend more time and read before coming here and blah what ever come to your mind.

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Great post edsinger, displays the american arrogance in a pretty convincing way.

"the world would go to hell if it wasn't for us!"

It's that arrogant and anti-polite attitude that makes America look bad at times. The idea that they alone are responsible for the good and the great things in this world, and that that any mistakes and faults on Americas end should not be discussed.

Oh and don't dare to mention that the US is also to blame for the food for oil scandal in the UN, just act as if -without americas help- the UN would make a mess out of Iraq (the mess that america made in the first place by the way) and all arrogant, patriotic americans will be happy.

I wonder though, what happened to the "we're making the best out of it together" attitude?
Let's face it, America can not do all of the things you mentioned if it wasn't for help from other countries, and that doesn't make America any less "great", it just makes every part of our alliance valuable.

[edit on 19-4-2005 by Jakko]

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by persian

Ok I am guessing you don’t know it was US that created Taliban and Al-Qaeda. US is the cause of the creation of most terrorists groups around the world and its not just that. Whenever there is conflict between two countries, US stick its noise into their conflicts and create more tension. Perhaps you should spend more time and read before coming here and blah what ever come to your mind.

indeed

And I agree with the first quote, they would take over very quickly,
after all, they do have the best training in the world.

People can't see the cause / effect relationship apparently, in that the US'
meddling is actually the cause of the instability throughout many areas of
the globe. They made themselves a deluxe you-know-what sandwich,
and now they will have to take a big bite.

The "no profanity" thing is killing me here, I guess I'll get used to it eventually

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Great post edsinger, displays the american arrogance in a pretty convincing way.

"the world would go to hell if it wasn't for us!"

I wonder though, what happened to the "we're making the best out of it together" attitude?
Let's face it, America can not do all of the things you mentioned if it wasn't for help from other countries, and that doesn't make America any less "great", it just makes every part of our alliance valuable.

(1) thanks, you see the sarcasm too?

(2) Well the together part means stick with us in bad times, not just the good ones. Some countries did, others...well.......

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:04 AM
link   
never mind

[edit on 4-7-2006 by ShazamsChampion]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:20 AM
link   

(2) Well the together part means stick with us in bad times, not just the good ones. Some countries did, others...well.......

Why should they though?

If a Nation does disagree with what the United State's, even though they were there for the good times its people should not be subjected to doing something that they do not want. It'd be much worse if that was how all Nation's did work and the whole idea of democracy, freedom, etc, would directly be in question here.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium

Why should they though?

If a Nation does disagree with what the United State's, even though they were there for the good times its people should not be subjected to doing something that they do not want. It'd be much worse if that was how all Nation's did work and the whole idea of democracy, freedom, etc, would directly be in question here.

Well sometimes one has to do things they really don't want to do. the Public in Europe just as in the US in general has a very narrow view of the world situation. They do not want to risk it as the result can be bad. take Spain for example, they were in Iraq until they caved to terrorists. That was Bin Ladin's win in Spain.

When the going gets tough, some cut and run, just as some in the US want now.

I STILL believe that the war in Iraq was needed. We are slowly seeing the results. Al Qada is not winning. NOT ONE SINGLE GOVERNMENT in the Middle East has been overthrown. The Caliphate is so far off that it is basically a pipe dream. Even the Turks see this. Its a new world, and it starts in Iraq. Few can see this though........

Oh yeah and that one smuck that liked to behead folks, he is worm dirt now...given up by his own......and the last thing he saw was an American soldier. See the irony?

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

1. Pull our troops out of Iraq within 30 days and let the UN take over, and see what happens.

Maybe we shouldn't have invaded.

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

Maybe we should use our support of Israel as a means to coerce them.

6. Radically cut back our exports of "corrupting" culture like American movies and fast food and so forth, and see what happens to the world economy.

I think the world economy would do just fine without Wal-Mart and McDonalds.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join