It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World hates the US and I found a Potential Solution?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

Nope Leave em in the UK , Italy ,and Poland if they will have us. 100% out fo Germany

only if we get bases in the US, what you think?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The world doesn't 'hate' the USA.....for many of us that's our family you're talking about, for God's sake, tune in.

I'd suggest many have an extreme dislike for the current US (illegitimate) extreme right-wing Gov's kind of selective 'thinking' that has dangerous policy being formulated and conducted in the ME where Israel is completely ignored or excused no matter what she does and yet would have us all believe Iraq now is pivotal.

This is as absurd as it is, IMO, ultimately futile.

Whether it's Islamic extremism or American so-called 'Christian' fundamentalist nationalism none of it appeals IMO.

You talk like 'terrorism' has only just happened and only just happened to America.

Sorry but, certainly as far as we in Europe are concerned, we've been dealing with murderous terrorism for decades......and we didn't feel the need to turn ourselves into a police-state to tackle it nor pre-emptively strike a never-ending list of countries around the world either.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
To those of you who seem to thnk that a policy of isolationism would hurt the US economically I have two words for you, Trade Defecit... In other words If we were to break all ties the US would actually have More money than we do now. The world needs the US economically much more than we need it.
China and Europe would be hardest hit as our trade defecits with them are the largest.

Actually that is not correct. The reason that you import more than you export is not because you buy all sorts of fringe goods because you can, but because you must. The US cannot self sustain, and I don't mean just with oil. You do not mine bauxite, the aluminum base, your construction industry and paper industry would be in disarray as you drastically increase the destruction of your forestry to meet supply, your marble and limestone walls, and floors would need to be replaced by something else, your coffee and tea habits would need to change, and your love for sugar would have to go by the wayside.

These are just a few things that you must depend on the rest of the world for to meet the needs of your 293 million inhabitants.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

and your love for sugar would have to go by the wayside.

Not true, Louisiana can produce all our sugar and rice needs.

Originally posted by devilwasp

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

Nope Leave em in the UK , Italy ,and Poland if they will have us. 100% out fo Germany

For the most part I would agree.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What I read in this thread isn't "The world hates the US and I found a potential solution". What I read is "The world refuses to jump up and say 'Sir yes sir!' when the Bush government gives out orders, so obviously those countries are not our friends and we're going to punish them."

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
What I read in this thread isn't "The world hates the US and I found a potential solution". What I read is "The world refuses to jump up and say 'Sir yes sir!' when the Bush government gives out orders, so obviously those countries are not our friends and we're going to punish them."

I agree. That does more accurately reflect the attitude portrayed in the original post. Ironically, that's the exact attitude that pisses people off.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Hey edsinger nobody hate Americans, they only hate bush. That is all.

So I take it that 12 individuals got onto several planes on Sept. 11, 2001 and crashed them because they hate Bush?

WAKE UP!

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
USTerrain - what marg was trying to say is that the people here on this board or in Europe who criticize American policy don't automatically hate the American nation because of it. There were actually polls conducted in Canada and Europe showing that although these people disapprove of the Bush administration, they still admire and respect the American nation and its ideals.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   

2. Stop our preferential treatment of Israel, and stop all aid to Israel, and support Palestinian complaints in the UN and the World Court, and see what happens there.

3. Pull our "provocative" troops and forces out of the Korean peninsula, and renounce our support of South Korea, and see what Kim Jong Il does.

4. Renounce support of Taiwan that so enrages China, and leave them to defend themselves with no help from us, and see how long they remain free.

5. Pull all our troops out of Europe, and shutter the bases there, and pull the
peacekeeping troops out of the Balkans.

Im sorry but I cant see changing these they are beneficial to others as well as ourselves we have been helping some of these people for years. We have obligations to betray these obligations would only serve to hurt us more.

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   

[

Is that so? I suppose that is why with sugar and confectionery, you import 2.7 times over that which you export, ( export includes imported and refined btw, so you import even more for personal use), and why you also find it necessary to import 632.5 tons of rice I presume.

Also, was this a multiple choice I gave? I don't see your response to more pressing imports such as bauxite, wood products, coffee and tea. Why is that?

Originally posted by devilwasp

For the most part I would agree.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
USTerrain - what marg was trying to say is that the people here on this board or in Europe who criticize American policy don't automatically hate the American nation because of it. There were actually polls conducted in Canada and Europe showing that although these people disapprove of the Bush administration, they still admire and respect the American nation and its ideals.

Well would you still agree with this now that he was re-elected?

Originally posted by edsinger[

Is that so? I suppose that is why with sugar and confectionery, you import 2.7 times over that which you export, ( export includes imported and refined btw, so you import even more for personal use), and why you also find it necessary to import 632.5 tons of rice I presume.

Also, was this a multiple choice I gave? I don't see your response to more pressing imports such as bauxite, wood products, coffee and tea. Why is that?

Would could produce all the rice that we would need same for sugar as Fla and LA could do so, the problem is not at the price we get it now.

Sam for the others except coffee and tea, don't think we can grow that.

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I'm not sure if switching from a belligerent, petulant, and puerile quest for global domination to a belligerent, petulant, and puerile isolationism would change things for the better, though maybe a bit, at least we won't be manufacturing enemies by sticking our noses in everyone elses business

Odd

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
how is isolationism belligerent?

at all?

in ANY CONCIEVABLE WAY?

god DAMN, what do you people WANT?

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   
When the isolationism is of the "you won't do every damn thing we want, the way we want, so we're taking our toys and going home" variety, that's pretty clearly a belligerent attitude, even if not in the military sense.

From an American to my fellow Americans: the world does not owe us a big wet kiss on the ()(). That is all. Thank you.

[edit on 19-3-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Mar, 19 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I have to agree with edsinger.Americans are lets say o.k. I mean imagine some muslim leaders having the power of the U.S,forget beer,parties,girls,playstations,xboxes,Mcdonalds,Coca-cola living life to the fullest no only praying and praying oooo Alahuekber and Alahcola(purifided from the great satan)......and on and on until we drop dead and realize S.... there is no god!!!!
Even so that Americans did some things that realy p.... me off they still have my vote!

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

[

Well even though we could produce all we need it would be far more expensive at the store and then you would bitch about that. We CAN but its cheaper to let someone else.

Global economy concept in action.

Wood? Nah we don't have any of that.

Bauxite? Gee we didn't have aluminum in WWII now did we?

Coffee and Tea? Maybe they can grow that in Puerto Rico?

Originally posted by Pretorian03
I have to agree with edsinger.Americans are lets say o.k. I mean imagine some muslim leaders having the power of the U.S,

Very Good point, but then again, there are those that are never happy and those that don't recognize just how good they got it. Deport them to France as they will fit right in.

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, Ed,
!!!

First, you say that the world admires us here in the US. Then, you say they hate us in the same breath!
Or was it the other way around; anyway, just look at my sig...

Now, you say that the world truly hates us. What happened to the admiration?

And as for the prophecies, I think all that stuff is bull. Israel isn't even a real country. It was created in the LAST century, so how can a book thousands of years old make predictions about a country that was artificially created?
If that's the case, the world's gonna end in 2012...after all, they said it would! And if they said it a long time ago, it HAS to be true.

Seriously. A bunch of countries draw out a map and steal land from some people to make the great nation of Israel. If Israel is so great, why do they sponsor white slavery? Why do they slaughter their ill-equiped enemies when they have state of the art weapons? Oh yeah, the last guy I asked about the sex slavery thing poo pooed it and said it wasn't that bad. I guess the chosen people of God can do whatever they want...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Well, Sminkey, I dunno what country in Europe you live in, but make no mistake, y'all are headed for a police state too. People can't see the big picture here, this is about globalism. It's not just one country that's bad, it's the elites from multiple countries who want to do the average Joes in. Of course, only a few people can see this...

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I fully support this policy. Why pay 3b/year to Israel when this money is re-invested in the US to spy us?

posted on Mar, 26 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Well, Ed,
!!!

First, you say that the world admires us here in the US. Then, you say they hate us in the same breath!
Or was it the other way around; anyway, just look at my sig...

Now, you say that the world truly hates us. What happened to the admiration?

You really don't get this?

We are the most hated because we are the most admired and I stand by that..

As for Israel not being a country, I guess the US had better give Arizona back, and so on..

Israel or Judah was a nation long ago until the Romans dispersed them, the land of the Jews was there long before the last 100 years.

Keep in mind when they call it a Temple mount, it was not built for the mosque.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join