It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drastic Times Call For Drastic Measures...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Nixon and the gold standard. Reagan and voodoo economics (i.e. run up on deficits). A brief "release" with Billy Boy. Bush ended on martial law - saved by the bell - TARP.

Only thing left for Obama to do is bring it home with The Fed in charge.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I could go ahead and get on disability for the damaged leg I've been limping around and working on for the past few years. I could stop paying all of those pesky taxes and keeping up my credit.

I really wouldn't mind filing for bankruptcy and moving down to Galveston.

Rent controlled housing just 6 blocks from the beach. Fishing, reading, working on stained glass and selling it under the table down on the strand. Cash jobs for maintenance work. There's always good work for skilled people near a beach. Salt air corrodes everything. Working as a cash bartender on the weekends during the summer. Do overseer work on vacation homes in the winter.

Sailor Jerry rum, tattoos, a scuba trip now and then, lots of single women my age and most of them have money from divorces.

Yeah,
I'm up for that.

I could pretend to be a democrat.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I could go ahead and get on disability for the damaged leg I've been limping around and working on for the past few years. I could stop paying all of those pesky taxes and keeping up my credit.

I really wouldn't mind filing for bankruptcy and moving down to Galveston.
Rent controlled housing just 6 blocks from the beach. Fishing, reading, working on stained glass and selling it under the table down on the strand.
Sailor Jerry rum, tattoos, a scuba trip now and then, lots of single women my age and most of them have money from divorces.
Yeah,
I'm up for that.

I could pretend to be a democrat.
Nah you couldnt.
The Repub in you would come out, and you would think the bulge in the Lifeguards Shorts was a WMD.
You would kill him to check, and you would be wrong, again. Remember Iraq.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Nah you couldnt.
The Repub in you would come out, and you would think the bulge in the Lifeguards Shorts was a WMD.

Wow.
So the superminority now discriminates against war vets, old guys and myopia.
Not to mention offensive remarks about lifeguards and bulges.
And you cannot prove that I have actually killed anybody.

edit on 9-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Nah you couldnt.

Wow.
So the superminority now discriminates against war vets, old guys and myopia.
Not to mention offensive remarks about lifeguards and bulges.
And you cannot prove that I have actually killed anybody.

edit on 9-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)
I was just Enjoying your Game of `Lets Generalize` , It was fun.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

I'm not talking about a physical territory and a name. Germany as a nation was different after each war and economic collapse. The same for other nations.

Yes, America as a physical country will exist. It may even have the same name, at lleast in some parts. But what we will have lost is the nation as a free state. Not that it is that now, but at least now the constitution says we have rights and are to be free. Tomorrows America will not have those rights. What isn't lost all together will be morphed into something contrary to the rights conceived in the Declaration of Independence and codified in the Constitution.

The fact that we grow food and have some oil is insignificant when the entire economy collapses, bringing most travel and businesses to a screaming halt. When all the insignificant aspects of life such as reality tv, shopping malls or the ability to drive or take a bus anywhere, the already morally deficient society within our borders will be up in literal arms against each other and the government for not being the savior.

I'm not talking a simple collapse of the stock markets or large unemployment numbers. I'm talking worthless dollar, government bankruptcy.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

You do realize that the Republicans will drive this country into the ground exactly the same way.

Left vs right = stupid vs stupid.

When will the true conservatives wake up and smell the shame we should all feel? We have been fooled for a long time and everything they told us has been a lie. Obama is Bush is Clinton is Bush is Reagan.

Not since Kennedy have we had a honest leader. We have failed as a people! TPTB have won and continue to win because all we do is argue back and forth about what they want us to.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join