It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Letter to my wife

page: 2
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus
 
Would it be fair to ask if you would be whining and blubbering if it had gone the other way?




posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BogieSmiles
reply to post by ColAngus
 
Would it be fair to ask if you would be whining and blubbering if it had gone the other way?



I voted for Gary Johnson, so, no.

That being said, I lived through 2 terms of W. Romney would have been a stripper party with endless singles compared to the utter toss we went through last decade.

Point is, none of this amounts to the end of the world. The next election will be here in no-time, and frankly America won't have turned into The Road by then, no matter how much the right swears.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

Originally posted by BogieSmiles
reply to post by ColAngus
 
Would it be fair to ask if you would be whining and blubbering if it had gone the other way?



I voted for Gary Johnson, so, no.

That being said, I lived through 2 terms of W. Romney would have been a stripper party with endless singles compared to the utter toss we went through last decade.

Point is, none of this amounts to the end of the world. The next election will be here in no-time, and frankly America won't have turned into The Road by then, no matter how much the right swears.
There is a lot of truth to that, but when the majority of the people vote for the party that promises the most to them, can it ever be turned off?



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BogieSmiles
but when the majority of the people vote for the party that promises the most to them, can it ever be turned off?
Both Leaders made Promises, thats what they do.
The Problem the GOP had, is nobody believed a word Romney said.
Direct your Anger where it belongs, at the GOP Election Team.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The reason the hands are out right now is because so much has been taken. Wall Street, the housing collapse, etc. The greed and utter hand-off approach to regulating the fat cats RESULTED in the current climate.

You're just gonna have to right the ship with some handouts for awhile until the equilibrium settles itself and the economy is fully out of the tailspin. It's just what has to be done.

Did I cover all the applicable cliches with this post? I've got a quota.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Pladuim
 

Johnny Deep, you can come home now.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides
 
That seems to put the promises to raise taxes on a par with fixing the tax loopholes. Two different things and that is why I asked you if there were limits to how much we should pay?



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus
 

You are approving more stimulus and more QE while I am trying to live on what I saved and my social security. Here is what I face, not that it matters. Interest on my saving has gone down 80%. Social Security has been adjusted for inflation, excluding food and energy. Have you compared grocery and gas prices lately.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BogieSmiles
 


Are you entitled to great interest on your savings?

Are you entitled to low food and gas prices?

You don't get it. The people that voted in Barry for the second time got raped as a result of 2000-2008. It's now time to balance the # out so we can move forward with a level board. If you can't get that, then go down with the ship.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BogieSmiles
 


LOL!!!!! Oh how I wish we could all come together rather than split apart.

Pladuim



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus
 

Glubb glubb.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pladuim
reply to post by Hawking
 


Oh, now you should see this.

www.theblaze.com...

Pladuim
edit on 9-11-2012 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)



So now you're comparing yourselves to Hollywood celebrities?

This really is the end of the Republican party...
edit on 9-11-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Come on, give Pladuim credit for a perfect come back. And you are right about the need for the GOP to regroup, obviously.
edit on 9-11-2012 by BogieSmiles because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking
 


Who the hell said I was a Republican!

Pladuim



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BogieSmiles
 


You and I sir are two of the few that know that such a serious topic as this needs to be put forth uninterrupted without questions and arguments. A well though out letter is a great way to do it. I always find it best to put it in a place my guy would find it... when I'm not around.

I don't know you or your wife personally, but I found the letter well written. Stop while you're still endearing enough to melt your wife's heart.



posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
reply to post by BogieSmiles
 


You and I sir are two of the few that know that such a serious topic as this needs to be put forth uninterrupted without questions and arguments. A well though out letter is a great way to do it. I always find it best to put it in a place my guy would find it... when I'm not around.

I don't know you or your wife personally, but I found the letter well written. Stop while you're still endearing enough to melt your wife's heart.
Thank you for that encouragement. I feel a lot better having had the chance to conduct this thread and talk with and to people on both sides. I think the community here is pretty good if we can discuss divisive issues like we did here and not come away shuddering and angry, lol.



posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Beautiful letter ... now theres a marriage that will last a rarity in todays world .... as to safe places there in the states would say probably montana .. new mexico or maybe the dakotas ... good luck to all of you there...



posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
There must have been references I didn't get, I had trouble making out your points.

Like the "saying we agree automatically" thing? What is that a reference to? It is obviously ridiculous and stupid, but who is it that is doing that? Is there a political party that prones some such idea? Could it be explained/translated easily for me?

There are other questions but I don't want to drown the thread with them, I'll start with just that, if you could clarify?
Thanks in advance!



posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma
There must have been references I didn't get, I had trouble making out your points.

Like the "saying we agree automatically" thing? What is that a reference to? It is obviously ridiculous and stupid, but who is it that is doing that? Is there a political party that prones some such idea? Could it be explained/translated easily for me?

There are other questions but I don't want to drown the thread with them, I'll start with just that, if you could clarify?
Thanks in advance!
The "we agree automatically" thing is a silly, but perspective is everything, sometimes. My perspective on it is that my wife and I have been married a long time and we have different views on various things. If we aren't careful, one or the other of us will get more excited about a topic than the other because of a disagreement on the topic. We know we do that, and we have found it helps avoid those situations which can become angry arguments by making the pact. The pact is that we agree to start out our disagreement with the statement something like, "I agree with you, but ...", in stead of, "You are crazier than a loon". The full statement then becomes, "I agree with you but you are crazier than a loon". We can laugh at that because we know that this is one of those discussions that could get heated and the "I agree but" is both the tip off and the pressure release.

As far as it being "obviously ridiculous and stupid", I agree with you but ..."



posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
Beautiful letter ... now theres a marriage that will last a rarity in todays world .... as to safe places there in the states would say probably montana .. new mexico or maybe the dakotas ... good luck to all of you there...
When my wife read your post she said she was hoping for something like Key West or the Blueridge mountains, and I said I agreed, but how about Texas in the winter and Utah in the summer (both are red states),
.
edit on 10-11-2012 by BogieSmiles because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
4
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join