It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter to my wife

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Letter to my wife

Sweetheart,

You know how much I love you and I know how much we are in love, and there is enough strength in that to bind us for the rest of our lives. Neither of us feels or should ever be concerned about that changing. Certainly I don't want to be concerned because who would take care of me in my old age, lol. And you know I am committed to make sure that you are taken care of for the rest of your life should anything happen to me.

Now we have the day to day living to do together and I really like the recent mutual agreement that we made where we will each automatically state that we agree with the other when a controversial topic comes up. That is, we will each say we agree immediately before we say why we don't
. It may be a small thing, but it has already lead to more enjoyable conversations between us and has allowed us to talk about topics that would have not been discussed or where the discussions might have not ended with good feelings; so let's commit to continuing that practice.

Now first, I want you to get another job evenings and week ends because I want a new fishing boat. Since I have retired that old boat has out lived it usefulness, and I don't look that good out on the lake in it. Please stick by our new accord and say you agree, before we argue about why it isn't going to happen (Of course this part of the letter is a joke and I know that you will recognize that.) 

But I'm a little concerned about this next issue. I want to move, both of us, lock, stock and barrel. Florida sucks now that it went to the takers. We are makers and we are the one's the takers are going to take from, get it? We have to find a place where there are people who take responsibility, who believe in self-reliance, who believe in helping the needy and where the needy do their best not to be. So first, in the spirit of our new accord to agree before we disagree, let me hear you say the words that "we agree". Then let's discuss why you don't agree and see what we can work out from there.

I know that some of the discussion will be about family, friends, work and insurance. But what I am suggesting is that we go on strike, as John Galt would say. I know that was fiction, but if you read the book I gave you, Atlas Shrugged, you will see a correlation between fact and fiction, and you will see what has lead me to my going on strike against what is just 51% right now, but what might be the 99% in the streets against us before the 2016 elections. And no, we aren't in the 1% or even close, but we are in the "haves" because we work and plan for what we have, and those who want to take what we have will be growing in numbers now since that last hope I had is gone.

I just want to start preparing for the break from the takers and set up a place to go to wait out the strike. I don't know where or how yet. Neither of us are going to intentionally get caught up in the violence on the street, and I don't expect much of that until our government fails to be able to fulfill the entitlements and demands for more entitlements, but I want to be prepared. Being prepared is to be self-reliant, and to me that means being off the streets entirely, or at least off any street within reach of the 99% who are going to be justifying their out right armed or strong armed robbery because of their false accusations against us. Our lives would even be in danger if we tried to protect what is ours against some force to take it from us.

So think about it and let's talk, but remember our agreement. The first thing to say is, "we agree". Then we can agree with each other through a step by step debate and through the resolution of the matter so that we are in agreement on what to do to protect our selves when the time comes, if it comes.

Love as always and forever,

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by BogieSmiles

You call yourself a `Maker`and dislike `Taker`.

Well you just `took`precious time away from me with this silly thread.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

There's still good places for sale up on top of my home Mountain. where neighbors keep an eye out for each other, come together in times of emergency...

Most all of us own multiple guns,...know how to hunt, most of us, grow a lot of what we eat. We also have a pretty nifty little barter system that works quite well to keep that nasty paper stuff out of the loop.

One fine feature, you might like...it's only narrow twisty one lane roads leading in and out of our area. We have more than enough dynamite to make those non-roads should the need arise.

We may not have that Florida beach front property...but the views of everything below us are beautiful from way up here.

Des

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Please tell me its Utah, lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I see where you were going with this....Good job

Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Jesus thats a bit long winded a letter to my wife would be this
Beer
Bacon
Beer
Crisps
Cheese
Beer
Jerky
Bog roll
Beer
Paracetamol
P.S If you can not remember all of this Don't forget the Bacon&Beer
And can you come and turn the TV on
xx

Cran

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Gee, sorry. Do I owe you something for that?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

OK, I'm considering a re-write

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can surely respect and agree with you on that. It will become a battle ground before it is over I am afraid.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BogieSmiles

Gee, sorry. Do I owe you something for that?

No, on ATS you are Entitled to your Opinion.
Opps I forgot, Entitlements are bad.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Oh, another sour grapes thread. Yippee.

It was lame when Alec Baldwin and other liberal douches threatened to leave the country after 2000/2004. It's still lame coming from the other side, though I'm sure you're only referring to moving to a redder state.

Get over it already.
edit on 9-11-2012 by ColAngus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've never seen such sore losers until this election. The whining and self pity are just amazing

Face it, the nation has changed for the better since 2008. Time to move on

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

If I had said that I would take it back, but I just checked and it looks like you are the one that said that. Why would you twist it like that? When I say takers I mean people who think government should provide more and more at the expense of those who work and pay taxes. Do you agree that there has to be some limit? What is the limit you would be happy for us to pay?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ColAngus

Get over it? No thanks, I'd rather feel disappointed for awhile first.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If I had said that I would take it back, but I just checked and it looks like you are the one that said that. Why would you twist it like that? When I say takers I mean people who think government should provide more and more at the expense of those who work and pay taxes. Do you agree that there has to be some limit? What is the limit you would be happy for us to pay?

So does this mean you will also move some place where corporations don't exist?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Im ok with Helping people out who need it.
You should answer the question you asked me.
An Elderly couple choose between Medicine, food, or lights...which one do you want to take...
A single mother chooses between rent food or clothing...which one you gonna take...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

No, can you explain where you are comming from on that?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Im ok with Helping people out who need it.
You should answer the question you asked me.
An Elderly couple choose between Medicine, food, or lights...which one do you want to take...
A single mother chooses between rent food or clothing...which one you gonna take...
That falls under what I said in the OP: " We have to find a place where there are people who take responsibility, who believe in self-reliance, who believe in helping the needy and where the needy do their best not to be."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Oh, now you should see this.

www.theblaze.com...

Pladuim
edit on 9-11-2012 by Pladuim because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join