It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Republicans.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by iwilliam

Well the president has laid it out for the House GOP;

“If we’re serious about reducing the deficit we have to combine spending cuts with revenue, and that means asking the wealthy to pay a little more in taxes,” Obama said in public remarks at the White House. “Right now if Congress fails to come to an agreement on an overall deficit reduction package by the end of the year, everybody’s taxes will automatically go up on January 1.”

Obama To Boehner: Higher Taxes On The Wealthy Or The Bush Tax Cuts Expire

It's good to see a hardline approach by the president for once.

If the taxes paid by the rich went to paying down the deficit, I might be inclined to agree with you. But I fully expect those taxes on the rich to NOT be used to pay down the deficit, but instead used on some new "social program" or on some new boneheaded "green program".

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
can't wait for the SIGN THIS PETITION to blah blah blah dies.....the only thing that signing one of those petitions is going to do is get your name on a list.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
One other response: Yes, Obama hates babies, but mostly Pakistani, Yemeni, Afghan, Iraq, Iran, Syrian, Libyan, and Egyptian ones. You should see the piles of dead children created from his drone campaigns.

OK here's the thing. Wars will unfortunately continue. I would LOVE to return all troops home and keep only a fleet of submarines, aircraft carriers and a super bad-ass mercenary force (like seal team six) instead of millions of soldiers. We need to keep the national guard here to help our own country when we need it not send them overseas to some place that hates us.

So I WANT more drones instead of soldiers on the ground. If we're going to have this perpetual war on terror let's build 100 thousand drones and fly them over all the countries that harbor terrorists instead of invading and nationbuilding some random third world country!

How many of THEIR OWN babies do you think the Pakistani, Yemeni, Afghan, Iraq, Iran, Syrian, Libyan, and Egyptian forces/fanatics killed? They don't care about their own babies, why should we?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

3. When a woman’s son or spouse or father or brother or cousin or uncle or nephew faces hourly risks of the following: being droned to death; being arrested for unknown reasons; disappearing into the indefinite detention hole for days, months, years at a time; rendered somewhere far away to be tortured; then she can no longer count on the right of cultural self-determination—because her culture is being demolished. Her family is being destroyed. Her community is disappearing. And her ability to determine herself disappears right along with the rest.

Yes yes I also hate the NDAA, airport cavity checks, and the other nasty legislative & executive traps. These things are going to be put in place no matter who wins because the shadow govt wants them. On the other hand the same shadows couldn't care less about the culture wars (as long as they keep going on).

So while you're talking about some hypothetical male being taken away from the family which destroys that poor woman's ability to function in society, I talked about the real case of family planning clinics (both with and without abortion services) being shut down in red states effectively preventing women TODAY to plan their family.

These R's in the red states are effectively making welfare moms and babies and foster children RIGHT NOW as we speak! How is that helping society? How is that helping reduce budget expenses?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yeah! Stick it to em!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkSecret

This response is disgusting. I refuse to engage in this kind of thought process and it's ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I wasn't talking about the hypothetical, this is real stuff dude. I wasn't referring to this as a way to cut the budget, I was referring to the lie that Obama cares about women to the extent that a lot of people are parroting.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Hmm, I also noticed that you said "welfare moms" and things of that nature. So let me ask you this: Are you a eugenicist, racist like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood? Why is it that Planned Parenthood, those PP clinics that perform abortions, are still predominantly in minority and poor neighborhoods? Could it be that people like you think that you're better than those people and that they're a drag on society? You obviously have no regard for innocent children in a drone campaign, how could I possibly be expected to think you would value the life of a poor African American or Latino child in America. Are you pissed you have to pay welfare? Would killing off a few give you more money to spend on Apple products instead of on a human life?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Hmm, I also noticed that you said "welfare moms" and things of that nature. So let me ask you this: Are you a eugenicist, racist like Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood? Why is it that Planned Parenthood, those PP clinics that perform abortions, are still predominantly in minority and poor neighborhoods? Could it be that people like you think that you're better than those people and that they're a drag on society? You obviously have no regard for innocent children in a drone campaign, how could I possibly be expected to think you would value the life of a poor African American or Latino child in America. Are you pissed you have to pay welfare? Would killing off a few give you more money to spend on Apple products instead of on a human life?

Nope I'm no racist. I simply stated that it's more cost effective to educate women to be able to plan their offspring at a point in their lives where they can afford it, no matter what their race is. And of course that means some might need to have an abortion if they choose to and avoid becoming very young mothers. They get the extra time to finish their education, get a decent job and THEN have offspring. And we don't need to pay for welfare since the moms could afford a planned child as opposed to an unexpected one. Not hard to understand hopefully.

As for the children of the third world - I'm neither for nor against them. I couldn't care less how those countries deal with famine or family planning. However in the middle east and some other places where they just HATE the US they also have no regard for their own children. Many nations have child soldiers and the such. So if they are going to hate us and attack us then why bother sparing their lives? They would behead you or any of us without a second thought if they had a chance. I advocate for drone strikes, as precise as possible, against those that train & encourage actions against the US. I want drones rather than soldiers on the ground because soldiers are targets. And when one of our soldiers gets taken out by a roadside bomb, lots of their own children and women are also killed.

So don't give me that high road or pretend you didn't get my point. Keep troops home, send drones when needed. Have abortions and contraceptives for women who want them and help women plan for babies that they can afford rather than forcing them to have babies (because abortion/family planning in Red states is unavailable or hardly available) -- babies & moms which will become forced welfare recipients.

Clear now?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSecret

Nope I'm no racist. I simply stated that it's more cost effective to educate women to be able to plan their offspring at a point in their lives where they can afford it, no matter what their race is. And of course that means some might need to have an abortion if they choose to and avoid becoming very young mothers. They get the extra time to finish their education, get a decent job and THEN have offspring. And we don't need to pay for welfare since the moms could afford a planned child as opposed to an unexpected one. Not hard to understand hopefully.

As for the children of the third world - I'm neither for nor against them. I couldn't care less how those countries deal with famine or family planning. However in the middle east and some other places where they just HATE the US they also have no regard for their own children. Many nations have child soldiers and the such. So if they are going to hate us and attack us then why bother sparing their lives? They would behead you or any of us without a second thought if they had a chance. I advocate for drone strikes, as precise as possible, against those that train & encourage actions against the US. I want drones rather than soldiers on the ground because soldiers are targets. And when one of our soldiers gets taken out by a roadside bomb, lots of their own children and women are also killed.

So don't give me that high road or pretend you didn't get my point. Keep troops home, send drones when needed. Have abortions and contraceptives for women who want them and help women plan for babies that they can afford rather than forcing them to have babies (because abortion/family planning in Red states is unavailable or hardly available) -- babies & moms which will become forced welfare recipients.

Clear now?

1. It's so obvious that you are clearly UNABLE to comprehend the original point I was making. I actually posted hard data that shows that Obama has proven to be pretty ineffective in the Women's rights arena and not the peson that the media and other talking heads opine him to be. Again, you would understand that if you could step away from your MSNBC party talking points. It's sad. I was never in favor of limiting access to care and I didn't need an OBGYN lesson, nor was I arguing that it would fiscally responsible to cut those services. Ever. Not once in the arguments I was proposing above did I mention that would be the way to go. Frankly, you're a guy. I don't think we need anymore guys puffing out their chest from the mountain pretending that they know ANYTHING about women's health. So sit down and zip up.

2. Don't give you the high road? I'm not going to apologize for being a principled person who doesn't believe in mass murder or blanket killing without due process or a just cause. I know that's hard for the O-bots drunk on the hope-gnosis. You're totally okay with it since all of you try to justify the killing of an unarmed 16 year old American citizen who's only crime was that he had a accused terrorist as a father and liked to read Harry Potter books. Don't act all high and mighty with me by thinking that not valuing human life is a good thing. Shame on you. That's disgusting.

3. How can you not be for the children of the third world? What kind of dumbass stance is that? This Democrat party line that you tow that is filled with Islamophobia and outright hatred of Muslims is awful and unreasonable. There isn't any proof for the Bush-ist rhetoric that you are spouting here in regards to who or what that region "hates". One cleric doesn't speak for the rest of the host country that they live in. It's like here. I don't think anyone will argue that Bush didn't speak for the majority of Americans and we certainly did not approve of his methods of war, torture, spying etc AND STILL DON'T. So you can't judge everyone by the ticker of what ever "Skiesfalling" media you subscribe to. That's just ridiculous.

4. You ARE a racist. In fact, your disdain for third world countries and the hoot-hooting of egregious American foreign policy is sad.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
And check it out. This administration is so evil that we are actually droning and attacking first responders that render aid to the women and children victim of those drone attacks.

You Might Be A Murderer If You Engage in this Practice

But hey, look all of those dead children. You know, it's not stressful to those women over there to live in fear of drone strikes. Not at all. They HATE us, you know. Their children deserved to have their lives ripped from them. We should easily devalue their existence because, hey, man, they're TERRORISTS and it keeps us out of there, because, hey, you know, those people don't matter.

You, and the people who think like you, disgust me. The ones that disgust me even more are the ones that spout this non-sense and hide behind biblical doctrine.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

And check it out. This administration is so evil that we are actually droning and attacking first responders that render aid to the women and children victim of those drone attacks.

You Might Be A Murderer If You Engage in this Practice

But hey, look all of those dead children. You know, it's not stressful to those women over there to live in fear of drone strikes. Not at all. They HATE us, you know. Their children deserved to have their lives ripped from them. We should easily devalue their existence because, hey, man, they're TERRORISTS and it keeps us out of there, because, hey, you know, those people don't matter.

You, and the people who think like you, disgust me. The ones that disgust me even more are the ones that spout this non-sense and hide behind biblical doctrine.

Oh Boo Hoo. Grow up already. War is ugly. The US has the largest military-industrial complex in the world and no matter whom we vote into office the wars will go on. At least they should have the decency to use drones rather than US soldiers to do their dirty job!

You're totally okay with it since all of you try to justify the killing of an unarmed 16 year old American citizen who's only crime was that he had a accused terrorist as a father and liked to read Harry Potter books. Don't act all high and mighty with me by thinking that not valuing human life is a good thing. Shame on you. That's disgusting.

What the heck are you talking about? What's harry potter go to do with killing 16 year old US citizens?!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
This is what I'm talking about

There was no reason to go into Afghanistan. Terrorists are not the same as a uniformed army. It's completely apparent that you are cold and uncaring. I feel sorry for you. It's attitudes like yours that ruin this country.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
And wow, I'm starting to think that you are ignorant beyond words. I said, in the above if you would actually READ, is that it looks like the only thing that teenager was doing that would be considered an illicit activity, under his own home rules since Muslims (like those USA "Christians") don't like Harry Potter, was reading Harry Potter. That's it. It was showing the absurdity of the situation in which the young boy was murdered. We'll never know the details because the President has said "it's something the public should be informed about", never mind the fact that the Constitution strictly forbids such practices. The President should be impeached and charged for murder. What he did is a crime.

So boo-ya. Enjoy your fake ass President and his to-the-right-of-W foreign policy. You're proving my point that it's okay to murder small countries filled with poor people as long as a Democrat is at the helm.
edit on 16-11-2012 by justinsweatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

How much would it cost me to take a ride on that space ship you just came in on?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

You should do some research on blowback - which the states will be dealing with for a long time. The USA foreign policy is horrid in the middle east.....should have never gotten involved in the first place. (and now they are stuck in that pit forever)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Our economy has been growing...gdp, employment everything that actual economists measure.

You talk about being educated? You do realize those statistics are simplistic to manipulate....and they are manipulating those figures, things are not getting any better, not by a long shot. The USA is financially unsustainable.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by justinsweatt

Yes, they should have gone in, taken out those terrorist facilities then left.

No nation building.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join