It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need to Rethink Alien Visitation

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

I agree! ...there are cantabile tribes that eat people, too. So what is the difference of an alien.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpoq47
Well, one cute scenario might be that humans 20,000 years ago had so-called flying saucers and sentient robots that looked like the Greys in substantial numbers out doing asteroid mining when a natural disaster or war knocked the human race back to the Stone Age, and those robots in their “amazing UFOs” have had little to do but maintain themselves and their own infrastructure, all the while monitoring mankind’s comeback and perhaps awaiting instructions.

Of all the hypotheses I've heard as to the 'origins' of the 'Greys,' this is the first time I recall hearing this suggestion. Congratulations on the creative thinking.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fing3rm4n

I tend to think that an alien species would be so advanced to us that we would literally be less than the intelligence of a dog to them. Hence, we couldn't begin to fathom their existence.

Doesn't this sort of moot the basic premise of your OP - the one in which you endeavor to argue that they would have neither need nor desire to visit?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
It doesn't matter how advanced you are, if your sun dies and you can hop on a spaceship and travel to the next livable planet are you going to say "nah... we don't want to confuse anybody"

I think it's more complicated than a sun dying but who knows, maybe there's a race of ETs who are looking for a home. I've only seen a grey and I'm pretty sure there was a mission but ironically out of everything I can recall, THAT I cannot. I think a lot of others get that "mission" thing when dealing with greys... as well as all that irony. Abundant, far and wide irony.

My brain gets so thirsty for all the answers, insanity must be inevitable... but it seems to me even though in this very moment nothing is changing and it has felt like that all day and getting very aggravating...something HAS changed.

Sometimes I feel so strongly that something is going to happen and I believe he is telling me this in various ways.

I believe it is either going to be contact or death.

Despite all the experiences I have had and all that I felt certain of concerning this subject and all that I have believed... I still cannot say I believe I know if he is the physical realm or has moved on beyond this dimension to the next.

In others words... living or dead, talking to me with telepathy and other methods or speaking to me from beyond.

Contact or death.

For so many reasons I cant summarize in one post this is how I see things.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fing3rm4n

There is nothing "impossible" in what you are saying.

Lets say ET DOES come just to see US. What is so impossible about that. Nothing.
If we received transmissions of "My Favorite Martian", not only would it be the number one TV show, WE would build a spaceship and fly to that planet to study who made them.

But you also must take into account that they are coming to Earth because of the water. They see water way before they see us. If water planets are rare they are going to want to come here. If water planets are everywhere, they already know that they contain gold and other minerals AND life forms. That may be the perfect place for them to go.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
we love our cats and have meaningful relationships with them. we don't need to debate the theory of relativity with them. there's a different kind of connection happening and intelligence is insignificant when you spend a moment with a cat. is the moment you spend with a cat a lower form of experience? is it not worth experiencing?

the same can be said of beings from beyond. they may be interested in a different kind of relationship. they will most likely have different values. technology may be a means to an end and about as significant as socks are to us. they may value the capacity to dream above all. or the ability to create. we may be more advanced than we realized.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Are people still being "abducted by aliens"? I really thought that peaked in the 90s and slowly died out. Maybe I haven't been keeping up. I mean, it was desparate and sinister and all over the media for a while, but alas, nothing much came of it, and not much has changed.

posted on Feb, 1 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Are people still being "abducted by aliens"? I really thought that peaked in the 90s and slowly died out. Maybe I haven't been keeping up. I mean, it was desparate and sinister and all over the media for a while, but alas, nothing much came of it, and not much has changed.

Yeah I've been thinking about that too. It sure was a big abduction boom in the 90's, Did people just overinterpret some of their childhood memories making it look like half the worlds population was being abducted over and over. Or maybe it really happened and someone put a stop to it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join