It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God is in control - the only mission of life is to "Receive" if not, it is to "Give"...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99

A notion is an idea. And ideas are just ideas, they are not necessary - in fact they can lead to all sorts of confusion.
There is no 'other' place.

Then what, in your humble opinion, is necessary?...and why?

A99

Nothing is needed - everything is provided.
It just is.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

You believe you live and die. You believe in death but have not experienced death.
There is life and then there are things that we have no idea about so make things up (concepts).

Life is all there is and in it things appear and disappear. Thoughts arise and subside, sounds arise and subside, feelings arise and subside. No one is doing it - it is done.

I'd be careful positing what you think I have experienced...and building a notion/idea/concept around it...you could become aurobos chasing its own tail...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

A notion is an idea. And ideas are just ideas, they are not necessary - in fact they can lead to all sorts of confusion.

A99

It just is.

C'mon, you can do better than that...this is a non answer...

Provided, as in, provision...for what?

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

A99

It just is.

A99

It leaves you with nothing. Nothing is the answer.
You want to have control over reality with ideas. Reality cares not for the ideas of man. Man worries about whether he is doing it right and is trying to hold it all together, this is the human condition of suffering.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A99

It just is.

A99

It leaves you with nothing. Nothing is the answer.
You want to have control over reality with ideas. Reality cares not for the ideas of man. Man worries about whether he is doing it right and is trying to hold it all together, this is the human condition of suffering.

Then, the way I read it, nothing is needed for no reason...you do see where I get the sneaky nihilism notion?!

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   

A99

Everything is provided.
Life is provided.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

A99

Everything is provided.
Life is provided.

No...according to you, its just there...
Who, or what, is providing for what?...and why?

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is no reason. Reason and purpose are notions (ideas) that people have who are searching for an answer elsewhere - there is no elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

There is just life living. It/this is aliveness.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

No...according to you, its just there...

A99

Where is 'there'?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

There is no reason. Reason and purpose are notions (ideas) that people have who are searching for an answer elsewhere - there is no elsewhere.

Then there is no reason to discuss it, whatever it appears to be...and there is no reason to shatter illusions, because they are just notions that are irrelevant...and we can all sleep soundly tonite knowing that nothing is happening and no-one is listening to what isn't happening...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

There is no reason but discussion happens.
It is all just happening without reason or purpose and you are not separate from the happening.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Then there is no reason to discuss it, whatever it appears to be...and there is no reason to shatter illusions, because they are just notions that are irrelevant...and we can all sleep soundly tonite knowing that nothing is happening and no-one is listening to what isn't happening...

A99

There is no reason for illusions to be shattered but delusion is confusion (the human condition).
The truth shall set you free.

Notions are not irrelevent - not on this site - deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

If God is omniscient, he knows the future--and there can be no freewill.
reply to post by rival

I disagree. God knows the future. That does not mean He chose it for you. It's like your life is a movie and He's seen all of it to the end. My will is the only thing I have that is my own.
edit on 11/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

If God has already foreseen everything that will be, then the future cannot be changed, and you cannot have
freewill if everything you do has been predetermined..

You see, God already knows what I am going to type next..,,,,,aksjowi*tNop

Any attempt to alter my course in life is futile...I have no freewill because God already knows
what I am going to do....

The idea of an omniscient God leaves everyone blameless for their sins...they had no choice
but to follow the plan that God had already foreseen.

I don't how many different ways I can try describe this, and I realize it is probably futile, but
you cannot have an omniscient God and freewill at the same time...

At the base of your argument, is the assertion that we have control over nothing...the will to do, to act, to think, to feel, to change course...you have wrapped this in with the erroneous notion that predetermination is a fait accompli, and therefore discount FREE WILL at all passes...all, I assure you, quite flawed...

What you try to describe is futile because it is missing huge chunks of sense...riddled with massive assumptions...

FREE WILL, being a mechanism of this 'seemingly' clockwork universe, you describe, in no way discounts an omniscient God...this notion is guff...and poorly thought out, by the so-called, greatest minds...

What need would an omniscient, omnipotent God have for ROBOTS?...and 'disobedient' ones, at that?

A99

I don't think you understand me. My argument can be summed up in one sentence...

If God knows the future, then the future (that he knows will happen) cannot be changed.

If you don't agree with this statement, then for me it takes the argument out of the
realm of simple logic and I can;t debate.

Perhaps I'm thinking too simply, but if God knows the day I will die, and knows what my last words,
deeds, and thoughts will be...then I have no control over my life. It is predestined. Because if I could
change ANYTHING about what God already knows, then he would be wrong.

It's impossible to be wrong (about anything) and omniscient at the same time...impossible.

The only wiggle room for (human freewill+omniscient God) is to assert that God knows every possible
outcome of the future, then we could all have freewill.

But it is illogical from a human perspective to say that God knows every outcome without knowing the
actual outcome. If you base an argument on that premise, then you are moving the discussion from
one of logic to one of faith...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by rival

Gods does not know the future. God is presence and is never not present.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival

I don't think you understand me. My argument can be summed up in one sentence...

If God knows the future, then the future (that he knows will happen) cannot be changed.

If you don't agree with this statement, then for me it takes the argument out of the
realm of simple logic and I can;t debate.

Perhaps I'm thinking too simply, but if God knows the day I will die, and knows what my last words,
deeds, and thoughts will be...then I have no control over my life. It is predestined. Because if I could
change ANYTHING about what God already knows, then he would be wrong.

It's impossible to be wrong (about anything) and omniscient at the same time...impossible.

The only wiggle room for (human freewill+omniscient God) is to assert that God knows every possible
outcome of the future, then we could all have freewill.

But it is illogical from a human perspective to say that God knows every outcome without knowing the
actual outcome. If you base an argument on that premise, then you are moving the discussion from
one of logic to one of faith...

Thanks for explaining it.
You have answered your own question..."The only wiggle room..."...the quality of omniscience confers knowing every possible outcome within FREE WILL futures...FREE WILL becomes irrelevant under strict predetermination...which means, all outcomes are predetermined, but, not all outcomes can be taken (obviously)... Therefore a choice is made by a FREE WILL unit, all result(S) of which ARE predetermined, but only one is 'chosen'...

This is logical...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   

A99

There is no reason for illusions to be shattered but delusion is confusion (the human condition).

Delusion and confusion have no meaning when things are just happening...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

A99

Delusion and confusion have no meaning when things are just happening...

A99

Exactly.
When this is realized - the kingdom is revealed.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

reply to post by arpgme

Life is just happening - there is no one doing life. There can be no freewill for the individual because there is nothing 'individual', there is nothing separate from the happening.
Humans believe they are separate from the whole so worry that they are not doing it right. They don't realize that they are not doing it at all. When they realize they are not doing life, that life is just happening and they are not separate, there will be a relaxation into boundlessness.

I don't agree that "we" are apart of life. We are black holes receiving this light called "reality". The body is not ours, even this is something being received (aware of, energy being taken in to "notice").

Life is happening, including the body, "we" are just receptors noticing life happening.

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

You do not "choose" your will. What you want to do is determined by your views of life and what is actually going on in your life and as life change and your views change, your "will" will change too, so you are NOT in control of it...

If we were leaves floating on the ocean, I would have to agree with you...but we ain't, are we?!

A99

What does "leaves floating on an ocean" have to do with what I said about how "will" is formed? Nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I didn't say that "we" are apart of life.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join