If God is in control - the only mission of life is to "Receive" if not, it is to "Give"...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Time, as you know, is a necessary 'appearance' in this locum...

Bombarding the human mechanism with more information than is necessary is counterproductive...this 'arena' requires a 'passing parade'...

A99

Time is not true. The individual believes in time so it can continue. Time does not 'appear'. Watches appear in presence. There is only presence but words appearing presently make believe there is 'other' time.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99

Thoughts do 'just appear'. Everything is just appearing and then disappearing. It appears out of nothing and then disappears back to nothing.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree on 'thoughts just appearing'...I have no time for the notion of random thoughts...although I do like the Fluxus attitude...

Your next two sentences are what is called a statement of truism...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Bombarding the human mechanism with more information than is necessary is counterproductive...this 'arena' requires a 'passing parade'...

A99

Time is not true. The individual believes in time so it can continue. Time does not 'appear'. Watches appear in presence. There is only presence but words appearing presently make believe there is 'other' time.

I never said it was 'true'...I said it was a necessary 'appearance'...read what I write please...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

A99

I agree. The human deals with far too much by believing in time - it has all that time to worry about, all it's past and all it's future. This is the joke though - there is only ever this moment to worry about - which is nothing.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Thoughts do 'just appear'. Everything is just appearing and then disappearing. It appears out of nothing and then disappears back to nothing.

Well, we will just have to agree to disagree on 'thoughts just appearing'...I have no time for the notion of random thoughts...although I do like the Fluxus attitude...

A99

Is that another 'ism' that you do not believe in?? lol.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

A99

I never said it was 'true'...I said it was a necessary 'appearance'...read what I write please...

A99

Does 'time' appear?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

belief, is a cog in the mechanics...without it, the machine does not turn...from the top down!

...and what, in your humble opinion, does not exist?

A99

Are you saying that it is belief that runs the machine? The machine is belief.
But reality is not a machine. Reality is truth - it happens regardless of what is believed.

...and if you believe what you are saying, then it is true...😉

Same thing, the other way around...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

A99

Is that another 'ism' that you do not believe in?? lol.

Generally speaking...yes! Lol

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   

A99

A99

Does 'time' appear?

You know that I already know the answer to this...suffice to say, an 'appearance' is not always reality - emphasis on always...

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Time does not appear. 'Time' is an idea, a concept.
This right now contains appearances - seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching. All that is experienced directly is what is appearing. Time has never been seen or heard.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

A99

A99

Does 'time' appear?

You know that I already know the answer to this...suffice to say, an 'appearance' is not always reality - emphasis on always...

A99

What is your answer to 'does time appear?'?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Time does not appear. 'Time' is an idea, a concept.
This right now contains appearances - seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, touching. All that is experienced directly is what is appearing. Time has never been seen or heard.

Then you have answered your own question...why ask?

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A99

Because you said this^. And have not yet have not answered the question 'Does time appear?'
And this is a discussion.
You have stated that time is a necessary 'appearance' in this locum so you believe in time but have you ever seen time - does time appear?
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

A99

A99

Does 'time' appear?

A99

What is your answer to 'does time appear?'?

Answer is...It is a necessary notion...it is a notional mecahnism in this locum...in other locums, it is meaningless...
We can percieve its 'meaninglessness' within this locum, but, much work is needed to escape its gravitational pull, within this locum...

It serves (in this locum) as a 'placeholder', because it is too hard a concept to entirely dispense with, in this locum...materiality, as chosen by our forebears is how these things came about...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

A99

If you say the last two sentences are true then how can the first one be untrue?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

A notion is an idea. And ideas are just ideas, they are not necessary - in fact they can lead to all sorts of confusion.
There is no 'other' place.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   

A99

Because you said this^. And have not yet have not answered the question 'Does time appear?'
And this is a discussion.
You have stated that time is a necessary 'appearance' in this locum so you believe in time but have you ever seen time - does time appear?
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I never said I believed in time...however, what I am alluding to, is that (I'm pegging you at around 40-50 YO)...the 'appearance' of time, is not of time itself, but of its effects...IN THIS LOCUM...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   

A99

If you say the last two sentences are true then how can the first one be untrue?

We live and then we die, (appear-disappear)...true...

(On the third question...qualify 'it'...)
...and/or, we appear put of no-thing, and then disappear into no-thing...true...

Thoughts 'just appear'...untrue...

Not a mathematical equation...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

A notion is an idea. And ideas are just ideas, they are not necessary - in fact they can lead to all sorts of confusion.
There is no 'other' place.

Then what, in your humble opinion, is necessary?...and why??..and would qualify this as a non-idea, or notion?...because, you understand that this would be an idea and/or notion, in itself...

A99

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

You believe you live and die. You believe in death but have not experienced death.
There is life and then there are things that we have no idea about so make things up (concepts).

Life is all there is and in it things appear and disappear. Thoughts arise and subside, sounds arise and subside, feelings arise and subside. No one is doing it - it is done.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join