If God is in control - the only mission of life is to "Receive" if not, it is to "Give"...

page: 2
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99
What need would an omniscient, omnipotent God have for ROBOTS?...and 'disobedient' ones, at that?

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)


Does God 'need' anything?
And there can be no 'disobedient ones' in wholeness.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady


If God is omniscient, he knows the future--and there can be no freewill.
reply to post by rival
 


I disagree. God knows the future. That does not mean He chose it for you. It's like your life is a movie and He's seen all of it to the end. My will is the only thing I have that is my own.
edit on 11/10/2012 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)


Closest to how this thing works...

Verily, we are 'actors' on a stage...performing a role we 'predetermined', got incarnate, and forgot...although, some do remember having done this...

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99
What need would an omniscient, omnipotent God have for ROBOTS?...and 'disobedient' ones, at that?

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)


Does God 'need' anything?
And there can be no 'disobedient ones' in wholeness.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


A1: NO
A2: agree

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


It is man who 'thinks' he needs something. Man believes that he can control this (life), he feels he needs to. Man doesn't see that 'this' is just happening and man believes he is in charge, he needs to be because if he is not then that means no one is in charge. Sounds frightening.
Yet believing that you are in charge is worse.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


It is man who 'thinks' he needs something. Man believes that he can control this (life), he feels he needs to. Man doesn't see that 'this' is just happening and man believes he is in charge, he needs to be because if he is not then that means no one is in charge. Sounds frightening.
Yet believing that you are in charge is worse.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


I often get the distinct feeling that your posts border on nihilism (and I don't believe in 'isms')...
There are many of us who are completely 'unfrightened', my friend...so the assertion is moot...does not apply...as you have noted...and is of no consequence to me...

Your interpretation/experience is valid, in my eyes, and in no way discounts my interpretation/experience...Need, is a symbiotic representation, as is 'control'...but, when you are the experience, these words have no meaning...

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


You say you do not believe is 'isms' yet you say my posts border on nilhilism.
It is you who spoke of need.



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


You say you do not believe is 'isms' yet you say my posts border on nilhilism.
It is you who spoke of need.


1: so what?
2: word taken out of context by you 😉

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


1. So you say you do not believe in 'isms' but spout them. Which is contradictory.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


1. So you say you do not believe in 'isms' but spout them.


Semiotics...we all use them...
Take no offense, the sentence was qualified with a 'feeling'...

'Spouting', is an interesting word...I've never been accused of it...On y soi qui mal y pense?!

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


1. So you say you do not believe in 'isms' but spout them. Which is contradictory.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


...and you are putting yourself forward as the authority on contradiction?
"Take no offense, the sentence was qualified with a 'feeling'..."

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

I often get the distinct feeling that your posts border on nihilism (and I don't believe in 'isms')...
A99


Are you saying this is not a contradiction?



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99

I often get the distinct feeling that your posts border on nihilism (and I don't believe in 'isms')...
A99


Are you saying this is not a contradiction?


You are flogging a non-existent horse...

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99

I often get the distinct feeling that your posts border on nihilism (and I don't believe in 'isms')...
A99


Are you saying this is not a contradiction?


You are flogging a non-existent horse...

A99


What is your definition of nihilsim? And why don't you believe in 'isms'?



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by akushla99

I often get the distinct feeling that your posts border on nihilism (and I don't believe in 'isms')...
A99


Are you saying this is not a contradiction?


You are flogging a non-existent horse...

A99


What is your definition of nihilsim? And why don't you believe in 'isms'?


In as much as nihilism offers non-reality as a concept...it also offers no map...
Those who are 'young' in the journey (or old and jaded), can be gently nudged, or confused beyond belief...whichever, for me, is pertinent to me and those who identify, as me...

...isms, are too general for me to qualify as useful, except as a generalisation...

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


The 'map' is in the mind. The 'map' is an imagination that is believed to be true. In the mind there is a future and a past and all the things you believe you did or will do. This map does not exist in reality.
Reality is appearing presently. Reality does not care about 'the map'. When something happens that is not on 'the map' like a loved one dying, there is great suffering because the belief (the map) doesn't fit with what is really happening.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


Reality is not a concept. Reality is non conceptual.
It is words laid upon reality that makes reality seem wrong. Reality is. It is neither right nor wrong. The mind uses concepts to try to understand reality, it uses words to describe the undescribable and gets very confused.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


The 'map' is in the mind. The 'map' is an imagination that is believed to be true. In the mind there is a future and a past and all the things you believe you did or will do. This map does not exist in reality.
Reality is appearing presently. Reality does not care about 'the map'. When something happens that is not not on 'the map' like a loved one dying, there is great suffering because the belief (the map) doesn't fit with what is really happening.


Kindly refrain from getting the notion (again) that you are somehow teaching me something...I did not ask...and have no need for the 'lesson', but thanks again, anyway...perhaps you have some other 'students' to teach...I am not them...


A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by akushla99
 


This is a discussion. If you feel i am teaching you then you don't understand discussion.
I can only share what is known here.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


Reality is not a concept. Reality is non conceptual.
It is words laid upon reality that makes reality seem wrong. Reality is. It is neither right nor wrong. The mind uses concepts to try to understand reality, it uses words to describe the undescribable and gets very confused.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Interesting though, that you would use 'words' to describe its non-conceptuality, and/or rely on them to get your point across...somehow, contradictory...non? Do you have any other methods by which you could do this?

A99



posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by akushla99
 


This is a discussion. If you feel i am teaching you then you don't understand discussion.
I can only share what is known here.
edit on 11-11-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


It ceases to be a discussion when the dynamics change...😉

I'm all for discussion...

I've said it before...we are more in agreement, than disagreement...this, in itself, somehow lends that the 'converted are preaching to the converted'...I don't have questions (except as rhetorical), and this is the salient point we have...

A99
edit on 11-11-2012 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join