It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Sleep Paralysis Experience!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I am assuming that either you wanted to have this experience or you enjoyed it. Congrats.

However, IMO if you made it to the buzzing that's borderline OBE and astral traveling. I think you prevented it from fully happening by attempting to validate where you were. You have almost erase whatever thoughts that you are having concerning the experience in order to complete separate from your body. That has been my experience.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by cry93

The whole thing was an unexpected surprise.
I didn't want it to happen.
I didn't NOT want it to happen.
It was a subject I had absolutely zero interest in as far as personal experience goes.
It wasn't anything I was attempting to do.
It was just buzz buzz bang wow.

Of course being pre-familiarized with the phenomenon with reports here, as well as academic familiarity, I had a distanced, detached understanding of what was happening/had happened without pause for WTF or anything.

It's like how people describe archetypical dream scenarios like the falling sensation, flying, walking around naked, and other such, yet, you've never had one of these, and then, suddenly you do.

In this case, it seems a fairly large enough historical demographic exists to frame this phenomenon as being fairly mundane such that most everyone has at least one experience once in their lives.
Here, I had mine.

Additionally, I'm a thrill seeker. I skydive, and get up to all sorts of other 'dangerous' adventure, and welcome the scary, fast, thrilling, and exceptional.

For instance, I would, and eventually WILL do the same in the below video. It's on my list
:

Me no scared; even if it's going to be so terrifying I pee myself, whatever 'it' might be.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I've never been paralyzed so I can't relate.

XL5

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What I find odd is that you had a sudden onset of omg I can't keep my eyes open experience. I have had moments at the computer when that would happen and its not anything like being tired, you feel like closing your eyes for a bit longer then normal and then a wave of narcolepsy or something like it happens. I am 33 and just started having these sleepyness fits (3-4 years ago) and it seems to be triggered by things on a screen flashing or moving to the rate of once every second to twice every second (1-2Hz). Was the screen flashing at that rate? BTW, I don't have sleep paralysis when I'm sleepy.

I have also had sleep paralysis and for a while after I wake up, things seem not quite right for some reason.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I guess this makes you insane..

Ive experienced much more "fascinating phenomena" then sleep paralysis haha.. XD

As if you took the time to make a thread about a few minutes of sleep paralysis

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by cry93

The whole thing was an unexpected surprise.
I didn't want it to happen.
I didn't NOT want it to happen.
It was a subject I had absolutely zero interest in as far as personal experience goes.
It wasn't anything I was attempting to do.
It was just buzz buzz bang wow.

Hmm Druscilla; after mocking me in my previous thread; this stands as suspect to me. Shows me how full of yourself you are.. an online attention seeker.

I experience things totally unexplainable, and you knock me off as a nut case...even though I never asked to experience these things, I never WANTED things to happen; they JUST DID.

You experience a little sleep paralysis and act like it was an ever changing event? What about those contactees and other experiences people are having and your knocking them off like crazies ? ..

You cant understand sleep paralysis but its a "normal" thing.. you DONT understand the things stated in my previous thread, but you knock them off as fantasy and mark me as a nut?

This says alot about your character online, peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

The difference between you and I is that I have zero emotional attachment to this.
Further, I accept sleep paralysis as a physio-psychological experience.
I don't attach any sort of fantasy candy land significance to it.
Sleep paralysis is something that happens; a normal part of life, and it's not surprising if some superstitious uneducated sorts of people attach extra significance to SP events in thinking that an SP event is something it is NOT.

If I was the nutter, I'd be attaching extra special significance to having an SP experience.
If I was the nutter, I'd be talking about aliens and getting transported off to magical candy land far away places.

I don't.
I frame the experience as a strictly subjective, internalized physio-psychological experience.

Were I to describe similar events in your own life on similar terms, since unlike myself you seem to attach extra special magical woo woo significance to entirely mundane experience, you'd throw a conniption fit.
If anything, your act of of leaving little hickies on this thread bespeaks of petty trifling and is really quite sadly amusing.
Poor thing.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by LoveisanArt

The difference between you and I is that I have zero emotional attachment to this.
Further, I accept sleep paralysis as a physio-psychological experience.
I don't attach any sort of fantasy candy land significance to it.
Sleep paralysis is something that happens; a normal part of life, and it's not surprising if some superstitious uneducated sorts of people attach extra significance to SP events in thinking that an SP event is something it is NOT.

If I was the nutter, I'd be attaching extra special significance to having an SP experience.
If I was the nutter, I'd be talking about aliens and getting transported off to magical candy land far away places.

I don't.
I frame the experience as a strictly subjective, internalized physio-psychological experience.

Were I to describe similar events in your own life on similar terms, since unlike myself you seem to attach extra special magical woo woo significance to entirely mundane experience, you'd throw a conniption fit.
If anything, your act of of leaving little hickies on this thread bespeaks of petty trifling and is really quite sadly amusing.
Poor thing.

Your self portrait is sadly ammusing

You have unbeliveable arrogance; great you went to universe and your mind was used photocopying outisde information.. congradulations for feeling superior of yourself

What you call fantasy; is that which you do not understand. Your harsh attitude has no emotional affect on me, my emotions are perfectly balanced with my mind.

Just wanted to point out how much of a B-itch you are

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So many of you are so nonchalant about sleep paralysis. I was terrified for most of my childhood, teens and even into my late twenties. I always felt a presence and not being able to move or scream was the most scary thing that has ever happened to me. I was always afraid to go to sleep.

I get what it is now, but do I want another one? NO WAY. It has been over 5 years since my last one and that is just great, I would like to keep it that way. I have learned to "shake it off" before it starts and I think that is what has saved my sanity.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
Your self portrait is sadly ammusing

You have unbeliveable arrogance; great you went to universe and your mind was used photocopying outisde information.. congradulations for feeling superior of yourself

What you call fantasy; is that which you do not understand. Your harsh attitude has no emotional affect on me, my emotions are perfectly balanced with my mind.

Just wanted to point out how much of a B-itch you are

At least I actually have a picture. I'm not afraid to show my face. I don't see you with an avatar. Something to hide?

It's not arrogance when you're right, and by that I mean by taking a position supported by studies, papers, plus all in all consensus within the Scientific community.

You've been asked for Empirical Data regarding any of your claims, but, you fail, and or simply ignore any questions you don't like.

Supply us with empirical data that can be verified putting to proof contrary findings to any position, and you'll have sorts like me in the following.
Science is all about crash testing it's data to make sure it's solid, welcoming reversals and revolutionary findings that challenge accepted paradigms.

Supply a believer sort like you with data contrary to what you believe, and all you get is an uppity, overly defensive believer sort that just cling harder to their fantasy foo foo delusions.

Go ahead and call me names. Send me hate mail too if you like.
By doing so, you only serve to entertain, and validate model descriptors.
All your hostility regarding University is further entertainment.
You insult and embarrass yourself at every turn and don't even know it.

Nice of you to drop by and give this thread a bump.
Feel free to make a fool out of yourself on any of my other threads.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The ones you get as you fall asleep are generally benevolent.

It's the ones you get as you wake up that are the worst, at least for me. With those, it's all you described, except sometimes I'm not paralyzed, and I get out of bed and add sleepwalking to it. The dream experience blends internal imagery and what I'm seeing in the house, and it's very convincing.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I recall being a horribly active sleep walker as a child.
Strange happenings there, but, nothing outside of typicality where lots of children sleep walk.
It's commonly expressed in children as our brains grow and develop, typically going away for the most part in adulthood.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That was really something (your sleep thing)! I had one (well one that really stands out compared to the other few) where a weird being was in my bed room.

I was taking a nap in the afternoon, on my back, and slowly woke up..with a kind of fog (its hard to explain) or veil being pulled away from my face.

Anywho..I lifted my head slightly and saw at the foot of my bed..a little creature thing standing there. I started to get on my elbows and lift up...and the creature zipped around to my left side of the bed, like fast!

It, touched my arm as I looked at it in surprise and BZZZZZZZ I was out ! It zooked me out! Its hand I remember sort of looked like a claw. (crab)

I woke up still buzzzzing, tingle tingle ...and thought..WTF!!

That really happened! Seemed so real! Never happened again. But, I'll never forget it! Nope

The end

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

It's commonly expressed in children as our brains grow and develop, typically going away for the most part in adulthood.

When I first ETSd, I was bad to sleepwalk during my 'civilian re-integration' phase.

The first few nights I kept walking the house in my sleep so Dad gave me a broom and told me to stand watch on the refrigerator for a while so I'd stay put. I did pick up a bad habit of sleepwalking during the ends of those sleep paralysis episodes. That eventually stopped. I haven't had one since I lived in Huntsville - maybe 10 years?

The worst ones were the ones where you were awake and couldn't move, and you could hear someone or something in the room with you, coming up to the bed, then sloooooowly pulling the covers off you and throwing them on the floor.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

marked for later
and again WOW

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I wonder if the mixed nuts i was snacking on had any hand in it as the mixed nuts were the only thing different in the routine before turning in. I'll have to experiment and try replicating the cause and effect.

yup...B vitamins (in particular B12) and then the fact that nuts are hard to digest, can indeed have contributed to it.
Call it classic "sleep paralysis" or semi-OBE or sort of a lucid dreaming experience...in a nutshell (HA! Ok, that is funny now
) what you did was fell asleep physically but your mind was still awake.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join