It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preppers in 2012, to build a bunker or "Bug Out", that is the question.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I live in Australia, im not overly into prepping but i have a bugout bag and if for some reason i need to use it, i have a remote location that i spend a week on every 3/4mths. All i take is my BoB and my compound bow, easy living! Goat and boar for daily meals and with a lifestraw your set for water for a year, not to mention boiling as well
. I would deffinatly go for bugout in my country

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Depends on the situation. Which SHTF scenario is it?

Thing is, we have to prepare for all of them, every scenario. Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, earthquakes, martial law, ww3, solar flares, EMPs, etc. There's no telling what's gonna happen, and each scenario calls for a series of different needs. For example... an awful storm, probably best to bug out, unless you know for damn sure your bunker can take it.

If you live in the boonies during civil unrest, live commune, and defend the place to the death. Never leave it.

If you live in the city... don't live in the city anymore. That's where people are gonna start dying first. Stock up what you need, two weeks to a month's supply of food and water, in case of bad drama in the city... and if things don't clear up, if the authorities don't stop the rioting, chaos, etc, at it become an everlasting, "This is never going to end and the world is changed forever" kind of thing, then pack up and bug out to a pre determined bug out location. It's cool to have friends and family in the boonies. Networking is good.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XxNightAngelusxX

How about either of these scenarios.
Finding yourself in new jersey without power before brutus hit.
Finding yourself in the middle of gaza strip right now.

I really do not know what i would do.
What would any of you do?

<< 2  3  4   >>

join