It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Army Defies Netanyahu's Oder to Prepare to Attack Iran's Nuclear Facilities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

A sensational story is rocking Israel this week – alleging that the Israeli military defied orders from its commander in chief, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. Leading Israeli journalist Ilana Dayan is reporting that Netanyahu ordered his military to prepare for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities nearly two years ago. Dayan's story documents that both the army chief and the head of Mossad (Israeli intelligence) refused to comply with Netanyahu’s order.

Article & Video

Israel’s tone on the issue of Iran’s nuclear program appears to have very quickly changed since President Obama’s reelection on Tuesday. Could be Netanyahu may have some difficulty persuading his military high brass to follow out any strike order for fear of starting an all-out world war. I'm surprised to see his military pulling back on the reigns like this. Seems like they'd be balls out ready to disintegrate Iran's nuclear program.

edit on 11/9/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/9/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'd like to see more of this.

Prime Minister/President/Congress/etc: "We're going to war guys."
Military: "Good luck with that, make sure to take the safeties off of your firearms and come home safely."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by scorpiosin

If only that would happen, world peace the next day
Cheers for that made me

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

Leading Israeli journalist Ilana Dayan is reporting that Netanyahu ordered his military to prepare for an attack on Iran's nuclear facilities nearly two years ago. Dayan's story documents that both the army chief and the head of Mossad (Israeli intelligence) refused to comply with Netanyahu’s order.

The report is with respect to back in 2010, not in relation to current events. Which i am glad to see.

Israel’s tone on the issue of Iran’s nuclear program appears to have very quickly changed since President Obama’s reelection on Tuesday.

Just the tone in Israel's sabre rattling has changed right now. THe article goes on to say, the attack is delayed untill 2013, whether this is because of an internal disconnect, I can not say.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
It's public knowledge for those who care to research that the Israeli Parliament and the Israeli people do not support an unprovoked military strike on Iran.

I wish that certain posters on this site who continuously villify Israel as a nation would differentiate between Netanyahu and the State of Israel.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
If only this would happen in America...

Peace

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
From the article:

Juicy!

Israel’s tone on the issue of Iran’s nuclear program appears to have very quickly changed since President Obama’s reelection on Tuesday. The Deputy Foreign Minister gave what could only be described as a ringing endorsement of the Obama administration’s handling of Iran. Ayalon told Amanpour that despite past differences with the Obama administration over Iran, “I think today we can safely say that we are very much on the same page and will continue to follow the lead of the U.S.” But Israel has not always said it would follow Obama’s lead. Israeli journalist Dayan says Ayalon’s comments to Amanpour are in stark contrast to what Netanyahu had told her just days before Obama’s reelection. “[Netanyahu] very, very strongly said if the United States doesn’t do it, we’ll have to do it ourselves.”

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If only this would happen in America...

Peace

It won't. Because the commander in chief is in charge of the military.

You want no war, change the leader.

We go where we are required to by the civilian leadership of the country. Remember, your vote counts.

edit on 9-11-2012 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Humanity4Ever
It's public knowledge for those who care to research that the Israeli Parliament and the Israeli people do not support an unprovoked military strike on Iran.

I wish that certain posters on this site who continuously vilify Israel as a nation would differentiate between Netanyahu and the State of Israel.

Netanyahu is the leader of the state of Israel therefore any military/government moves the state if Israel makes towards Iran, good or bad, he is ultimately responsible. To say that "...certain posters on this site who continuously vilify Israel..." would be a bit of a jump. Some posters may indeed do that, others may defend. Our job is to sift through the crap and get to the meat of the issue, lol.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Israel has not got the tech to carry out a sustained attack on Iranian nuclear facilities, the top brass in the IDF and Mossad know this, actually the only person that doesn`t know(or doesn`t care) is the Israel PM. He is fast becoming a liability. "...some arsenic with your tea there Benni??"

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

2010?

Why release it now?

Because Israeli elections are scheduled for January 2013.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

join