It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gospel of the Nazarenes/Holy Twelve

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by mojo2012

Jesus was not a vegitarian. He things like fish and the lamb at Passover. Those were the customs and I do not understand where you see His vegetarian diet. All Jews ate lamb. And do you not remember the mirical of the fishes and loaves?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by Akragon

The Spirit is present, but is a different thing than a man's spirit altogether. Born again does not only requir the realization of the bodily spirit, but a life to pursue the goals of the spirit. Many realize the spirit and continue in the ways of the world and of the flesh which is against the spirit. The spirit of a man does not die but to grace.

But the indwelling of the Holy Spirit is a different thing all together.

Is this the same "spirit" that insists on calling people names in a rational discussion?

edit on 15-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

rofl, no. good point, but i do not appreciate God being called names other than those that are godly, especially when His sacred Name is involved. but man, if you promote goodness, why do you promote so much hatred towards our God?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Through Gods son i've come to know the true God... I know every word the man spoke, within the bible and from other sources that lie outside of said book which give many metaphsical clues as to who and what God is, and who Jesus was...

The so called God of the OT doesn't line up with what Jesus said about his Father...

So either Jesus was a liar, which is obviously wrong... considering he called himself "the truth"

OR

the OT God is not his Father...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

a lot of His teachings use the OT as a basis. You are supposed to draw the OT in through the spirit, not through the senses. The pharisees also thought God was dreadful, but Jesus showed them His mercy. I have also found outside sources of what Jesus said, but I would never claim to have known all of His words as the are endless. St. John said if all the things He had said and done were written the world could not contain them.

The Law is for sinners, people who live by the grace of Christ are not subject to the law. The punishments were for those who refused to do as God wanted them to do, having known the law.

I find the Presence of God in the Old Testament as well as the New as the OT perceives and foresees Christ.
The story of Noah's Ark is full of messianic symbolism. But then again, sometimes and can be hard for people to dink in the Word of God through the spirit when the flesh is more easily felt.

If the God of the OT was wrong why did Jesus comply with His laws and call Him "Abba"?
The Prophets words were harsh because the Law of God is severe. God is a Father, but He is also the Just Judge towards sinners. Don't take scripture literally and personally, or you will end up feeling insulted by God every time.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

a lot of His teachings use the OT as basis'

He had to use the scripture everyone else used to relate to people of the time... And he actually used very little of the OT...

You are supposed to draw the OT in through the spirit, not through the senses. The pharisees also thought God was dreadful, but Jesus showed them His mercy. I have also found outside sources of what Jesus said, but I would never claim to have known all of His words as the are endless. St. John said if all the things He had said and done were written the world could not contain them.

And you are free to believe whatever you will...

The Law is for sinners, people who live by the grace of Christ are not subject to the law.

Grace was not taught by Jesus... that would be Paul...

The punishments were for those who refused to do as God wanted them to do, having known the law

Right... Follow me or endure my Wrath.... That is not a loving Father...

If the God of the OT was wrong why did Jesus comply with His laws and call Him "Abba"?

Did he really though... The law and all the prophets hang on two commandments....

How many commandments did the OT God give? And lets not forget levitical laws which were supposed to be from God as well.... 600 some odd laws of men?

Did he stone the adultress as the OT God commands?

Did he consort with sinners and prostitutes?

The Prophets words were harsh because the Law of God is severe.

No...

The prophets words were harsh because they did not know the true God... which is why Jesus came in the first place... to set people straight... and they still didn't listen

God is a Father, but He is also the Just Judge towards sinners.

Killing women and children is just?

Don't take scripture literally and personally, or you will end up feeling insulted by God every time.

I don't feel insulted by God... because the OT God is NOT the true God...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Grace was given by Jesus. Did not Jesus teach Paul. Is it right for you to judge God's ways? God of the OT has not left and He is the God Who is. But i will leave you to your thoughts.

But i will leave you with one request from me. Read the book of Wisdom in the OT and you will understand. Solomon pretty much takes in the whole of scripture through his spirit and teaches the Wisdom contained in it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Grace was given by Jesus.

Grace was designed by Paul... Jesus never uses the word...

Did not Jesus teach Paul

NO...

Paul hijacked the religion and made it his own... he sought his own following... and he found what he wanted by using the name of Jesus in his ministry

Kinda like we hijacked this thread...

Is it right for you to judge God's ways?

Not possible...

But its easy to judge a false God...

God of the OT has not left and He is the God Who is. But i will leave you to your thoughts.

But i will leave you with one request from me. Read the book of Wisdom in the OT and you will understand. Solomon pretty much takes in the whole of scripture through his spirit and teaches the Wisdom contained in it.

Already have...

And i remain convinced the OT God is an imposter...

edit on 15-11-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join