BREAKING NEWS: CIA Director Petraeus submits resignation letter, citing extramarital affair

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Well, well, well. I think we might have an idea about who was responsible in Benghazi.

3:02PM EST November 9. 2012 - NBC reported Friday that CIA director David Petraeus has resigned from the CIA, citing an extramarital affair.

NBC's Andrea Mitchell said the resignation was submitted in a letter dated Friday and was accepted by the White House.

In a letter, Petraeus noted that he had been married for 37 years and had exercised "extremely poor judgment' in conducting an extramarital affair.

Petraues took over as head of the CIA in September of 2011 following his tour as head of allied forces in Afghanistan.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Am I missing something here?

Why does the fact that he's been getting some action on the side have anything to do with Benghazi?

I don't see what the big deal is here. An affair is a personal matter and has nothing to do with his job. Unless he's being blackmailed into being a puppet because someone found out about it, I don't think this is anyone elses business.
edit on 9-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
ATS where Competitive posting happens

Seriously maybe look at the new topics section and make sure there aren't already a million threads of what you're posting.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
existing thread here

new topics

join