It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Father of Petraeus' mistress defends his daughter and claims her affair is part of bigger scandal

'I hope you understand this is the beginning of a process. I can't say more than that. I couldn't if I wanted to.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

WOW...GOOD FIND. This is a powerful article!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
From Broadwell's father:

'The truth will come out': Father of Petraeus' mistress defends his daughter and claims her affair is part of bigger scandal

But Broadwell’s father said Sunday his daughter is the victim of character assassination and implied the bombshell story is just a smoke screen for something bigger.

“This is about something else entirely, and the truth will come out,” Broadwell’s dad, Paul Krantz, told the Daily News outside his home in Bismarck, N.D. “There is a lot more that is going to come out,” said Krantz, claiming he was not allowed to elaborate.

“You wait and see. There’s a lot more here than meets the eye.” Read more: www.nydailynews.com...[/ ex]

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Paula Broadwell's Dad: Petraeus Scandal Bigger Than People Think

Paul Kranz, father of Paula Broadwell, is claiming the David Petraeus scandal is about more than two people having an extramarital affair. Kranz was cagey about the details of the real story, but he did hint that this sordid episode is about something much bigger than appears on the surface. "This is about something else entirely, and the truth will come out," the retired high school basketball coach told a reporter.

What does he mean by this cryptic assertion? What does Paul Kranz know, and why is he allowed to keep silent about the details? Doesn't the public have a right to know? Petraeus shocked America Friday, when he abruptly announced his resignation as head of the CIA. Petraeus was once considered one of the most well-respected men in the military, and a possible contender for the presidency at some point in the future.

It's obvious this resignation isn't about a tryst between the four-star general and his biographer, Paula Broadwell. If every executive in Washington who was cheating on his wife, was forced to resign his post, no one would be left to run the government. Was Petraeus framed by the White House, because he planned on revealing what he knew about the Benghazi attack?

Is it a mere coincidence that the former general left the CIA a week before his testimony in front of Congress about the Libya fiasco? What is your opinion? If Americans learned the entire truth about what happened in Libyan consulate on Sept. 11, they would be outraged at their government.

news.gather.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If it's true that Broadwell knows more about this scandal, expect the administration to demonize her as a scoundrel and a completely dishonest person.

Petraeus is probably going to have to be put on 'suicide' watch. The administration cannot afford to have him testify...by any means.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

If it's true that Broadwell knows more about this scandal, expect the administration to demonize her as a scoundrel and a completely dishonest person.

Yes, Chicago style.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
This rabbit hole is deep. I doubt Paula's parents had any idea what she was into.

We know Mrs. Kelley's story:

A military official who identified Kelley said she had received harassing emails from Broadwell, which led the FBI to examine her email account and eventually discover her relationship with Petraeus.

Mrs Kelley, who feared for her safety, contacted the FBI.

www.dailymail.co.uk... zz2C1rU4nTZ

Why was Mrs. Kelley afraid? Because Paula Broadwell is not a person to play with:

During the lengthy discussion, Broadwell's high aspirations are clear as she spoke repeatedly about how she has had the life-long goal of becoming the National Security Adviser. When asked if she had the chance to talk to any previous NSA's, she said that she had not but she considers 'Maddie' and 'Condi' to be great role models, referring to Madeline Albright and Condoleezza Rice by their nicknames.

www.dailymail.co.uk... s-Petraeus-testify-hearing.html

Paula graduated from here:

The Josef Korbel School of International Studies at the University of Denver is a professional school of international affairs offering undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees. It is named in honor of the founding dean, Josef Korbel, father of former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.

Many of the school's alumni have gone on to careers in international service:

Condoleezza Rice - 66th U.S. Secretary of State; former National Security Advisor; former provost, Stanford University[20]

George W. Casey, Jr. - Chief of Staff of the United States Army[21]

Cindy Courville - U.S. Ambassador to the African Union; former special assistant to President George W. Bush and senior director for African Affairs, National Security Council; former senior intelligence officer, Office of the Chief of Staff, Defense Intelligence Agency[22]

Captain Gail Harris - Former U.S. naval officer, the highest-ranking African American female in the United States
Navy upon her retirement in December 2001[23]

Jami Miscik - Former Deputy Director for Intelligence at the CIA, Vice-Chairman of Kissinger Associates, Inc. in New York[24][25]

Massouma al-Mubarak - Minister of Communications and former Minister of Planning & Minister of State for Administrative Development Affairs of Kuwait. Massouma is Kuwait's first female government minister[26][27]

Heraldo Muñoz - Permanent Representative of Chile to the United Nations; Assistant Secretary-General and Director of the Regional Bureau for Latin America and the Caribbean of the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)[27]

M. Javad Zarif - Former Permanent Representative of Iran to the United Nations[27]

Paula Broadwell - Bestselling author[30] and extramarital partner of David Petraeus.[31][32]

Michelle Kwan - U.S. Olympic Figure Skater and current State Department employee[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

Paula is connected to this person:

Antonia "Toni" Handler Chayes (born 1929) is a United States lawyer and educator who served as Assistant Secretary of the Air Force (Manpower and Reserve Affairs) from 1977 to 1979 and as United States Under Secretary of the Air Force from 1979 to 1981.

Chayes joined the faculty of the John F. Kennedy School of Government in 1981, teaching there until 2003.[3] There, she became Chair of the Project on Compliance and International Conflict Management at the Program on Negotiation.[3] She also served on the Board of Directors of the United Technologies Corporation from 1981 to 2002. She also continued to practice law with Csaplar & Bok.[3] In 2003, she became Professor of Practice of International Politics and Law at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...
They are both part of this organization:

Women In International Security (WIIS) is the only global network actively advancing women’s leadership, at all stages of their careers, in the international peace and security field.

csis.org...
Who is the mother of this person:

Sarah Chayes (b. Washington, D.C., March 5, 1962) is a former reporter for National Public Radio. She is currently a senior associate in the South Asia Program at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. She is also a former special advisor to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

So the question is which political side was Paula's loyalty and who is behind her career moves and what is the real agenda?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
A short on Paula's career:

Broadwell graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point in 1995. She earned a master's degree from the University of Denver's Josef Korbel School of International Studies in 2006.[9][10] She earned a Master of Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.[11] She later entered the Ph.D. program at Department of War Studies at King's College London.[12]

She served in the United States Army and the United States Army Reserve. She was promoted to lieutenant colonel in the Reserves in August 2012.[13]

She was Deputy Director of the Jebsen Center for Counter-Terrorism Studies at The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University.[3] She also worked with the FBI Joint Terrorism Task Force.[3]

Broadwell met Petraeus in 2006 when he was a speaker at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.[14] She was a graduate student at the time.[14] According to the Charlotte Observer, she told him about her research interests after he spoke.[14] He handed her his card and offered his help.[14] She began a doctoral dissertation that included a case study of his leadership, with Petraeus fully cooperating.[14] She co-authored a biography of Petraeus, All In: The Education of General David Petraeus, with Vernon Loeb that was published in January 2012.[15]

Broadwell has also written for the New York Times and the Boston Globe.[16][17] Her public speaking engagements have included addressing a group of Republican women in October 2012 organized by the then Colorado House Majority Leader Amy Stephens.[18]

en.wikipedia.org...

IMO whatever the story is an affair and Benghazi are being used as cover up stories to hide the truth.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN:
FOX just confirmed through an independent source, Broadwell's assertion that the CIA annex in Benghazi held captured Libyan insurgents.

A well-placed Washington source confirms to Fox News that there were Libyan militiamen being held at the CIA annex in Benghazi and that their presence was being looked at as a possible motive for the staged attack on the consulate and annex that night.

According to multiple intelligence sources who have served in Benghazi, there were more than just Libyan militia members who were held and interrogated by CIA contractors at the CIA annex in the days prior to the attack.

Other prisoners from additional countries in Africa and the Middle East were brought to this location.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...[ /ex]

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 12-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Okay,...This is starting to make things fall into place.

Perplexing questions:

1.) WHY was the Benghazi attack initially posited as by the CIA and the Obama administration as a "flash mob" that got out of hand by a group of nameless Libyans protesting a video?

2.) WHY were U.S. forces told to stand down...and were delayed when the terrorist attack was under way?

This ONLY makes sense if the following is true:
- The attack was REALLY a terrorist attack to free prisoners secretly held in the CIA annex in Benghazi

- This information was known to the administration

- No U.S. response was ordered...BECAUSE the administration did not want any terrorists to be captured.

...Why? Because they (terrorists captured in the attack) would state that it WAS a rescue attempt of Libyans held illegally in the CIA facility.

...The administration would never want perpetrators of the attack to be captured alive. This would expose Obama's false narrative by showing that the attackers were NOT protesters/but terrorists...and the fact that a secret and illegal interrogation facility was being run out of the CIA annex in Benghazi.

Therefore, Obama and the CIA BOTH shared a vested interest in making sure the false video-protesters narrative would hold up. Initially, Petreaus carried the administration's line in the first investigation before congress (probably under threat of blackmail).

edit on 12-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I am sad to report that all my female friends are gawking over the women involved and worrying about the affair.

Afraid it's mainly up to the conservative men to bring attention to Benghazi.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Broadwell has her home searched.

www.newsobserver.com...=rss

Three days after Paula Broadwell entered the center of national controversy, FBI agents Monday evening entered her family’s Dilworth home and appeared to be searching both floors. The four or five agents brought cardboard boxes used for carrying papers and were on both floors of the home. About a dozen members of the local and national media gathered. It wasn’t immediately clear what they were focused on. Read more here: www.newsobserver.com...=rss#storylink=cpy

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yea, I just heard and what's with this other breaking news?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I wonder if her other houses are being searched.
Cambridge, MA
Louisville, CO
Denver, CO

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Seems she went to Israel to study when she was at University of Denver.

www2.chs.bismarck.k12.nd.us...
University of Haifa
Psychological Sciences; Peace
and Conflict Studies; Business and Economics
preferred
www.du.edu...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Things just went next level

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well said and seconded, if that needs be.
Lots of mods here,giggle.
Was that okay?
I mean not without a second or something?
K TKX BIA!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Republican Eddie Cantor knew this back in October?

House leader heard of Petraeus affair Oct. 27

Cooper said Cantor's office did not notify anyone else because, "at the time, it was one person making the allegation which, while serious, was completely unsubstantiated. He (Cantor) didn't know this person. He did the only thing he thought appropriate and that he thought was responsible. Two weeks ago, you don't want to start spreading something you can't confirm."

www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I remember a while back, there was a topic about the military wanting to get rid of Obama, could this be something like that?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I think there is something to this, but it goes much larger than just the military. I am hearing some interesting rumblings from way deep in the corporate corridors about "surprise and dismay" about the outcome of the election. I am not talking about normal 'my guy didn't win?' grouching, I am talking fully developed and ready to institute business strategy for a Romney Whitehouse and a Republican Senate. The corporate leaders are floundering around this last week and the workforce has been getting unusual and conflicting corporate communications from company leadership. It is coming out that corporate leaders, not only in my little railroad (second largest in the nation) but in corporate America at large were so sure of the future political climate that they made no plans what so ever for these election results. I think there was a fix in for this presidential election (read bought and paid for) and someone turned the tables.

If this is true, expect MANY national leaders to 'resign for personal reasons' over the next few months.

My question- if this is true- is who has the ability to out-buy an election already purchased by Corporate America? Not a whole lot of pockets that deep...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Montana

My question- if this is true- is who has the ability to out-buy an election already purchased by Corporate America? Not a whole lot of pockets that deep...

Terrifying just terrifying, and I agree this is huge.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join