It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Thinking this through out loud. This speech was made right after Benghazi and before the election. She's taking a shot at Obama in a very calculated way. And no one in the media covered it? And now she's getting crucified by that same media?

How would you have responded had you been in that audience at that moment to what she said? I know I would have been trying to find any kind of verification of the explosive thing she revealed. Seems like a deliberate leak, yes?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Perhaps a bigger picture to consider, within the Pertraeus resignation context, is the sudden and recent spate of U.S. Generals and Admirals being relieved of duty.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
...Seems like a deliberate leak, yes?

Yes. It seems like everyone is throwing everyone under the bus and there are so many crosses, double crosses, and triple crosses it's hard to tell what's going on.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Picture worth a thousand words (scroll down article for photo):

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Those close to Broadwell are casting doubt over what she has been accused of.

David Bixler, a wounded soldier who met Broadwell through a charity in 2010, told ABC: 'I have some serious questions about who is connecting these dots... Paula Broadwell is not the type... she isn't.' Ed Williams, a neighbor who lives two houses down from the Broadwell family in Charlotte, North Carolina, neighborhood, told Reuters: 'Everyone is surprised and shocked.' Earlier in the week, Williams, a retired editor, saw Broadwell with her two children when she was voting in last week's U.S. presidential election. He told Reuters that Broadwell appeared chatty and cheerful. Neighbors were working on putting together a belated party to celebrate the release of her book. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

link
edit on 11-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
YET another U.S. General gets relieved of duty.

THIS one seems to have flown under the media radar:

U.S. general relieved of duty for disparaging Afghan government
By Pentagon Correspondent Barbara Starr

The commander of NATO's international security force in Afghanistan sacked a senior U.S. Army general Friday for making disparaging comments about the Afghan government. Gen. John R. Allen, commander of the International Security Assistance Force, said Major Gen. Peter Fuller was relieved of duty, effective immediately, for making "inappropriate public comments."

MORE:
security.blogs.cnn.com...

So, how many TOP U.S. military commanders have been relieved of duty or forced to resign in just the past month? It's an epidemic!!!...but who's counting?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The purges have begun, God help us.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I think we need to start a thread and just keep listing all these purges as they take place. It will be enlightening.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I think you're right. I haven't been keeping close track until now...but it is highly unusual to have a General relieved of duty...and yet, look at how many there have been in so short a span of time.
WHY? Is Panetta purging the top brass?
Was there a failed attempted or planned military coup?...or is this a move to control the military completely by another department?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
WOW!!!!!

US military planned mutiny on the Bounty to topple Obama

The Obama administration has had American military, both on domestic and foreign bases on high alert since October 1. However, there has been no known terrorist enemy threatening the US. The enemy is called “domestic” but its origins are far from American.

Today, Rear Admiral Charles M. Gaouette was “fired” from his command of one of the three carrier battle groups back to Bremerton, Washington to face an investigation. It is impossible to adequately state how unusual this is and how serious.

The Navy was clear that the charges had nothing to do with his personal conduct, no rape or sexual misconduct, no stolen money, no drug use, the things that usually bring down careers in the Navy, that and crashing ships into each other.

Gaouette was sent back because the Secretary of Defense found him unfit for command, sent him across the world in the middle of one of the largest combat exercises in history, one both timed prior to an election and one at a critical location, near the Straits of Hormuz in the Persian Gulf.

Gaouette commanded nearly one third of the Naval and air combat forces in the region. The decision was made based on a conversation with the Secretary of Defense who, at the end of the talk, believed Gaouette was part of a group of military officers who have been under suspicion for planning a “Seven Days in May” type overthrow of the US government if President Obama is re-elected. This is not conjecture, dozens of key officers face firing, hundreds are under investigation, all with direct ties to extremist elements in the Republican Party and the Israeli lobby.

www.presstv.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

One reason for the big clear outs is if these generals would not assimilate to future plans, so you remove the suppose commanders for ones that would assimilate for what ever future plan is in the works..YES men so to speak.

Just another angle to look at.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Okay, now this is just getting crazy!

More Navy leaders relieved of duty after rowdy port visit

Drunken behavior during a port visit has led to the dismissal of another Navy commander and three other top officers, days after the leader of the USS Stennis carrier group was sent back to Bremerton. The Navy hasn't said much about why they've removed Rear Admiral Charles Gaouette from his command October 27. They are conducting an internal investigation involving his judgment.

The Navy is offering more explanation about the commander of the USS Vandegrift, which is a frigate based in San Diego that was built at the Todd Shipyards. This frigate was not with the Stennis carrier group. Vandegrift Commander Joseph Darlak was relieved of duty one week ago due to "a loss of confidence after displaying poor leadership and failure to ensure the conduct of his officers" while visiting the Russian port of Vladivostok in September.

Translation, according to San Diego media reports - Darlak was part of a "rowdy, booze-fueled port visit." The ship's executive officer, Commander Ivan Jimenez, was also removed from the ship along with the operations officer and chief engineer, "for personal conduct and use of alcohol." A Navy release stated, "Inappropriate behavior and judgment in positions of authority are unacceptable." That phrase "inappropriate judgment" was used to describe the Stennis Rear Admiral also.

A military analyst I talked with a week ago said the Navy is on track to fire a record number of commanders this year for bad behavior. "The Navy this year has had a spike in firings of these kinds of officers. They've fired over a dozen so far with problems related to offenses about sexual misconduct, alcohol, or some other kind of personal misconduct," says Lyons.

Now 14 commanders have been relieved of duty, which essentially ends their careers.

By LINDA THOMAS

mynorthwest.com...
edit on 11-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

The purges have begun, God help us.
I never looked at Obama as being Stalinesque....

Before now.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I definitely am watching the Petraeus story closely. I could take it at face value, but there is too much going on around it for me to do that right now. Even though the "competent man thinking with little head" meme has a long and illustrious history of truth in human nature, no one should criticize those who are saying look deeper.

It does seem there is currently an outside the norm amount of Flag Officers being relieved or replaced at odd points in a command position. I'm especially concerned about the 2 Star and Above replacements. I concur it probably deserves a thread of it's own about all of them. If no one else does I might get around to do it when I have time to make a quality one with links.

The timing on the hearings on Benghazi with Petraeus being the DCI at time of event and the rumor that Justice and White House knew and decided to not act till after election definitely can get minds to wondering.

I also agree that now that there is a sex scandal, there might actually be more of a spotlight on Benghazi by the MSM.

The only thing I'm 100% certain of about Benghazi is that it wasn't what we were told by the President, Secretary of State, and ambassador to UN initially. Any decisions made by the National Command Authority in the few hours after the attack started could and should be investigated by Congress. Don't mistake me for a Republican looking for an impeachable offense there either. I can imagine at least a couple of scenarios and reasons where going in guns blazing on a rescue could have either cost many more lives or been detrimental to overall foreign policy aims in general, but whoever makes that decision needs to own up to it and explain it.

A cabinet member resigning after an election is common, and we will see more in coming weeks I'm sure. Several have already said they were gone in second term. A cabinet member resigning due to an affair or other similarly negative circumstances right after an election is much more noteworthy. A cabinet member who happens to be the Director of the CIA resigning after an election right before a major appearance before Congress about an event that by this point everyone pretty much admits the CIA was directly involved in is pretty damn interesting.

I'm still waiting to see what else crawls to the top of this epic cluster flop.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

reply to post by IAMTAT

I think we need to start a thread and just keep listing all these purges as they take place. It will be enlightening.

Please start a new thread on these purges...I will give it plenty of attention.

Indulge me here:

What if the REAL reason the FBI was going through Petreaus emails...was because the administration was frantically involved in ferreting out ALL top military brass involved in some type of "Seven Days In May" scenario?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Gonna put on my tinfoil for a moment and respond to that ling from presstv (which I trust less than MSM, RT, and pretty much every other news source)and ask a rhetorical questions. Luckily this is ATS so many people around here will actually know about the "Business Plot".

Who would such a 21st Century group approach as Smedley Butler was to be the military leader of such an endeavor?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mrs Kelley and her husband Scott, a cancer surgeon, declined to speak with news media gathered outside their home on Sunday.

Ties: Jill Kelley is an unpaid social liaison to the military base in Tampa where Petraeus worked for two years
Mrs Kelley is an unpaid social liaison to U.S. Central Command -- the military headquarters based at MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa that oversees operations in the Middle East, including Iraq and Afghanistan.
Gen Petraeus was the head of the unit -- CENTCOM for short -- between 2008 and 2010, after he engineered the surge in Iraq and before President Obama tapped him to lead the surge in Afghanistan.
Sources said Mrs Kelley and her husband were fixtures at social gatherings at Central Command.
The official said the coalition countries represented at Central Command gave Mrs Kelley an appreciation certificate on which she was referred to as an 'honorary ambassador' to the coalition, but she has no official status and is not employed by the U.S. government.

According to the above link Jill Kelly was just a party girl and had no connection to the US government. But was a honorary social liaison party girl for US Centcom. That seems like it would be a big no no right there for Petraeus. He was allowing a civilian to party with special forces and intelligence officers. Who knows what she heard as they got drunk after a big mission? And her sister was not a whistle blower attorney. She practices law in health care.

Her sisters job history.
www.linkedin.com...

Natalie Khawam, Esq., MBA, MS's Overview
Current President at Law Office of Natalie K. Khawam, Esq.
Past Managing Partner at Natalie Khawam, Esq., MS, MBA
Of Counsel at Trenam Kemker
In-House Counsel at Delta Medical Care
Healthcare Attorney at Cohen, Foster & Romine, P.A.
Director, Special Counsel/Assistant to CFO at Holy Cross Hospital (Trinity Health Systems)
Legal Counsel at Office of the General Counsel, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
Consultant and founder/author of the Federal Update at Medicaid Health Plans of America
Researcher at the Office of the Clerks of the Court at U.S. Supreme Court
see less

see all
Education Georgetown University Law Center
Temple University - Fox School of Business and Management
Temple University - Fox School of Business and Management
Beaver College

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am sure as the days go on, we will see more firings. Scary times.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

US Military Reveals Coup Plan To Topple Obama

A shocking Federal Service for Military-Technical Cooperation (MTC) report red-lined to President Putin this morning warns that “various elements” within the US Military establishment are “actively planning” for the overthrow of President Barack Obama prior to the November elections.

According to this report, Russian Naval Infantry Forces commanders participating in Rim of the Pacific-2012 (RIMPAC) international naval war games off Hawaii (the world’s largest multi-national maritime exercise) this week were told by their US counterparts aboard the USS Port Royal (CG-73) that Obama had to be overthrown as he posed the most dangerous threat to the United States since the founding of their nation.

US Military commanders, this report continues, stated that American officers and soldiers, along with elected and appointed Federal government officials, all take an oath to uphold the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign or domestic, of which they claim Obama is one due to his overturning of established law and constitutional precedents bringing their country to the brink of all-out civil war.

www.eutimes.net...-49441

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Yes she is a lawyer representing Whistleblowers!
FROM THE VERY TOP OF JILL KELLYS' SISTERS PAGE:

Natalie Khawam, Esq., MBA, MS
Successfully Representing Whistleblowers

www.linkedin.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join