It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thank you!

It seems that the general didn't mind wrecking homes. Jill is married too.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

It takes two.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

It takes two.
I know. My last wife was a cheater. Most of her liaisons were married.

Here is a thought though, if Petraeus had kept his love at home, he wouldn't have been the one wrecking any marriages. That was my point, that he didn't seem to mind doing that.
edit on 11-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Why was the fbi spying on the director of the CIA because they thought maybe someone had ATTEMPTED to access his email? Is that all it takes to make any of us a target?

And the target of suspicion? HE sent HER a picture of him with Angelina Jolie hours after it was taken.
HOURS before it was approved.

The director...sent....HER a picture. She posted it on facebook.

Oh, bad girl, to post a picture on facebook.

Like the DIRECTOR cannot approve a picture like THIS
theintelhub.com...
and say, that's no threat to national security - in fact, that's good for PR, and the book about me? Get it out, get it out.

I don't buy any of this stuff. In fact, whole FBI investigation - to me- raises even MORE questions about just how far gone our govt is. Welcome to the surveilance state where even the big eyeball is being examined by someone, somewhere, in case it ever blinks.

0h- ETA - breaking - It was the state dept liason that was yet the 3rd woman.

www.washingtonpost.com... 2de-2b68-11e2-bab2-eda299503684_story.html?tid=sm_twitter_washingtonpost

I predicted that they'd keep adding women to this story.
edit on 11-11-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
So what's the takeaway from all of this?

A speech by a peripheral player at a venue like DU is exactly how a major player would try to get the seed of an important story planted in the press. It didn't work....but it is a typical 'leak'.

British and Israeli press have the story before ours.

Now being reported in all the liberal press first here.

Story is totally implausible.

What's going on here ATS?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Raging hormones don't respect traffic signs.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

Persons in positions of public trust and national security sensitivity are held to a higher standard than the average person. The fact that the Director of the CIA was under investigation for for potential indiscretions in no way indicates we are in a "surveillance state," or that "any of us" could be a target. Rather, these are exactly the kind of people who should be kept under a microscope: Quis ipsos custodes custodiet, and all that.
edit on 11-11-2012 by FurvusRexCaeli because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
This has nothing to do with hormones and affairs... catch a clue.

Here let me help you out, Important part:

During the same university speech, Broadwell may have also divulged information that Petraeus knew “within 24 hours” of CIA annex’s request for reinforcements, reported Israel National News. “The challenging thing for Gen. Petraeus,” she stated, “is that in his new position, he’s not allowed to communicate with the press. So he’s known all of this – they had correspondence with the CIA station chief in Libya, within 24 hours they kind of knew what was happening.”

edit on 11-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

Get real. Petraeus is a human animal just like the rest of us. His glands got the best of him. It happens to everybody.

Clinton got a blowjob in the Oval Office. It's not respectable and it tarnished the position he held, but it proved he was as human as the next guy.

As long as Petraeus kept the lid on intel I don't care who he was banging.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Trying to make sure Benghazi is not Hillary's Mogadishu. The internal strife between State and CIA is becoming abundantly clear. FBI is run by political appointees (Holder toadies) just like ATF. Hatchet men.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

It happens to everybody.

It might happen to a lot of weak people, but it doesn't happen to everyone.
I have never cheated, and I have never been involved with a woman that was in a relationship.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I don't judge others that way. I wasn't there.

I see now what MsA was talking about. I should have read more carefully.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
IS THIS REAL REASON FOR CIA CHIEF’S RESIGNATION? Alleged gun running to jihadists could dwarf ‘Fast and Furious’ scandal

By Aaron Klein
JERUSALEM —

"That Benghazi compound is repeatedly referred by the news media to as a “consulate.” However, as KleinOnline reported , the building was not a consulate and at no point functioned as one, according to informed Middle East security officials. Instead, the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi served as a meeting place to coordinate aid for the rebel-led insurgencies in the Middle East, the security officials said. Among the tasks performed inside the building was collaborating with Arab countries on the recruitment of fighters – including jihadists – to target Bashar al-Assad’s regime in Syria. The distinction may help explain why there was no major public security presence at what has been described as a “consulate.” Such a presence would draw attention to the shabby, nondescript building that was allegedly used for such sensitive purposes."

link

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Let's add a few more possibly related facts to the mix:

Jill Kelly is a State Department liaison to Petraeus.
Kelly's area involves the U.S. Drone program.
Kelly's sister is a noted Whistle Blower attorney.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

I don't judge others that way. I wasn't there.

I understand that.

It is a plus to have leaders that are of good moral character.

Petraeus being a serial diddler of other men's wives while he is married himself does not put him in the good morals column. Plus, it made him susceptible to blackmail.

If any part of this story is real anyway! I certainly don't know. At this point, I have to believe that Petraeus did something... he admits it.

edit on 11-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

So did Patraeus tell the truth, so that he can tell the truth?

Did he just double cross them?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by IAMTAT

So did Patraeus tell the truth, so that he can tell the truth?

Did he just double cross them?

I believe he did.
What bothers me, is that he waited until AFTER the election to submit his resignation; if he was out to get the administration, why give Obama such a gift?

Also, it is rumored that Petraeus was anti-Israel as far as support goes. THIS he would have in common with the President.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Maybe he wanted us to all know that his motivations were not political. I'm still thinking Paula may be Mossad.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I think there is a must bigger intel-related scandal in this mix. I think the FBI was possibly going through his emails for another reason entirely...and the Jill Kelly harassing email excuse was just a cover story. Remember, Kelly works for Hillary.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by IAMTAT

Maybe he wanted us to all know that his motivations were not political. I'm still thinking Paula may be Mossad.

Kelly looks to be of middle-eastern descent. Her sister went to Temple U.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join