It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bob Baer, former C.I.A., just said the C.I.A. would NEVER make this a public spectacle, for anyone, especially the Director. He is convinced there is more going on.

Then Barbara Starr, CNN Pentagon Correspondent said that, knowing Petraeus as an extraordinarily honorable man - if the story is true - he was obviously out of control and may now just want to limit the "drip, drip" of information to protect his family so he went full tilt on the confession just to put it all out there and be done.

Both comments...wow!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Sniff sniff: SMELLS LIKE POOP. The US is secretly backing the rebels in Syria and running guns for them. This is very much a proxy war against Russia. Maybe Petreaus was going to spill the beans. Nope, can't now.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

That's why I said that if you are caught having an affair, you lose your clearance faster than anything short of tampering with nuclear weapons. If you become obsessed with someone, there's no telling what you'll tell them to try to get them back, or try to keep them. Especially someone like the CIA director.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I just got back around and glad to see many others are finding this rotten on sight as well. It doesn't track. Of all the things, especially. One simply doesn't come right out of the blue, with this just unbelievable timing and drop a nuclear bomb of personal humiliation as such an admission like this would have to be for a man like him who has lived the life he has.

True also what you're pointing out. he wasn't even just a General anymore. He led the agency who basically invented half the dirty tricks 'the book' was written with, They're the ones sitting around thinking up new ways to B.S. the public and hide anything they want to hide. I mean, it's not even a slight. It's their actual job. lol.. It makes it just smell so bad it leaves me feeling a bit sick for what this all must be about. Whatever is at the core of this has to be enormous.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I smell something fishy with regard to how quickly this info came out from the FBI about the mistress.

Somebody gave the word to release it.

How many times have we heard the phrase, "I can't comment, there is an ongoing investigation."????

We don't hear that now, do we?

They took him out, he was the only rep. that could of
ran for president in 2016 and had a chance. Americans love their generals.
They did not want him to testify the obama admin made damn sure he was not
going to be able to say a word about Benghazi.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Since when does a democrat resign because of an affair?
Isn't is a bit unusual for politicians to have a sense of right and wrong?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

I'm sure this will get buried amongst the 13 pages of discussion that I didn't care to read. I wanted to post my full opinion right away. Maybe all this has been covered before, oh well.

Saw this 36 hours ago on...

How convenient my mind thought. Now that the election is over, the GOP can and will go "full bore" on the Benghazi issue.

Rumor mill is full of junk, but apparently Hillary Clinton might be stepping down this year and Susan Rice (our UN ambassador) might fill her shoes. She'd only do this to distance herself and re-invent her image for a 2016 run.

He had "an affair". Hm. Let's think about this for a second. If I was in such a high position and wanted to bail, what excuse could I use that would work? Infidelity fits the bill perfectly. No one is going to question that. Sneaky and smart on his part as head of the CIA.

I'm sure he had advisors at the CIA throwing potential "bail out scenarios" -- and a "mistress" controversy seemed the most plausible. How can you argue that he didn't have martial problems?

It's also the least damaging way to bail out, anything else might raise serious flags. It sounds like he doesn't understand "intelligence" very well and is relying on people beneath him.

What did they say?

"Mr. Patraeus, you need to get out NOW, and honestly an affair is the best bet -- 'S' is going to hit the fan now that Obama got re-elected."

So the rats are jumping the ship. I doubt he really had an affair or cheated on his wife. It's just an excuse that no one can actually call him out on. Smart move, but if thats the best the CIA can offer him, they should seriously be hiring people like me.

The CIA totally F-ed up in Libya. I certainly wouldn't want to be at the helm of that organization now that the GOP can focus and investigate that incident.
edit on 9-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: Added about being buried.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

WOW. So it is ALL about Obama's Benghazi false-narrative...and the fact that Petraeus did not want to go before the committee again to try to defend his original parroting of Obama's youtube video protest that "just got out of hand" story.
He knew it would no longer hold up...so he got up.
Obama is still stuck with his own failed false-narrative...I wonder if he'll ask to resign due to an affair now.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
Since when does a democrat resign because of an affair?
Isn't is a bit unusual for politicians to have a sense of right and wrong?

When his Benghazi testimony could of taken them out, we could really of know what POTUS and admin
knew and did, (they let them men die 7 hours and POTUS said stand down).

He is toast, put a fork in him. The CIA is a bunch of liars themselves, they make the conspiracies
and the folks calling them out for their BS are "crazy conspiracy theorist"...
edit on 9-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

Well, I'll say this...if it was an affair and nothing more...LOTS of people in Washington have affairs. However, there is only one of those "lots of people" having affairs that is the Director of the C.I.A.

So, he kind of did this to himself. They can only play gotcha with an affair if he actually has an affair. LOL!

In Washington circles that sort of thing is okay - until it's not. For instance, Eliot Spitzer. Hookers for YEARS! LOL!. ...Until he pissed off Wall Street.

But the C.I.A. Director? Come on...if he's that careless and arrogant, he should definitely be gone.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The house cleaning and exodus begins. The fallout of Benghazi I would think.

Next will likely be Hillary IMO.

~Heff

Waiting for the thread about important people stepping down and disappearing to their bunkers for Dec. 21...

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Well, I'll say this...if it was an affair and nothing more...LOTS of people in Washington have affairs. However, there is only one of those "lots of people" having affairs that is the Director of the C.I.A.

So, he kind of did this to himself. They can only play gotcha with an affair if he actually has an affair. LOL!

In Washington circles that sort of thing is okay - until it's not. For instance, Eliot Spitzer. Hookers for YEARS! LOL!. ...Until he pissed off Wall Street.

But the C.I.A. Director? Come on...if he's that careless and arrogant, he should definitely be gone.

We could call him a war criminal, a whore monger, and dumb ass.
He stook it where they could get him, when the OBAMA admin needs a scape goat
and wants to keep people shut up, they will... General P. Could of potentially had
information that quite possibly could get ALOT of people fired from the comfy jobs
or even impeached.

link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

What I want to know is, who caught him? That person should take over his job!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

You're absolutely correct.

He pissed some very powerful people off and "S" is going to hit the fan. He needs to get "out right now".

Under his watch an ambassador was killed. The White House trusted him. Now that the GOP has lost the election, they will be conducting all kinds of congressional hearings. Some of these hearings will be behind closed doors, others less sensitive on CSPAN.

His CIA underlings basically gave him an "exit strategy".

It's not even that great of one. Personally, I would have manufactured a whole bunch more crap for him from testimony of hookers and craigslist women. I'd paint him as a sex-addict. He can still leave with his awesome retirement and not have to spend time in jail. I still don't know why I'm working where I'm working.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

FAST AND FURIOUS IN BENGHAZI: Timing of Attack Hints at Double-Cross of White House Gun-Running Operation by Turkey Clare Lopez is an international security consultant at the Centre for Counterintelligence and Security Studies. She is uniquely qualified to analyze the intelligence and defense communities not only through her current professional connections, but also because of her 20-year background with the CIA. She served for 20 years as an operations officer specializing in counterintelligence, counternarcotics, and counterproliferation programs. Today, writing at RI.org, Lopez spots a very troubling anomaly with the timeline of the Benghazi attack. And, as if there aren't enough unanswered questions about the attacks and the subsequent White House cover-up, her discovery has the potential to implicate Turkish officials in the murders.

directorblue.blogspot.com...

I don't know what kind of lies or truths are held in those articles,I'm only presenting them for you to look at.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What are the odds that this is a ruse and there was no affair?
After all, it gets him out of testifying and he may still be kept on as an advisor?
Just my two cents.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

You're absolutely correct.

He pissed some very powerful people off and "S" is going to hit the fan. He needs to get "out right now".

Under his watch an ambassador was killed. The White House trusted him. Now that the GOP has lost the election, they will be conducting all kinds of congressional hearings. Some of these hearings will be behind closed doors, others less sensitive on CSPAN.

His CIA underlings basically gave him an "exit strategy".

It's not even that great of one. Personally, I would have manufactured a whole bunch more crap for him from testimony of hookers and craigslist women. I'd paint him as a sex-addict. He can still leave with his awesome retirement and not have to spend time in jail. I still don't know why I'm working where I'm working.

Remember when General P. threw Obama over board and under the bus, after Benghazi
when he said THE CIA NEVER GAVE A STAND DOWN order, knowing full well it was Obama
who gave the stand down order and he had the evidence which they would never let out.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

That is seriously scary. Stevens was trying to buy back surface to air missiles, that we apparently GAVE to the Libyan freedom fighters..............cough cough Al Queda. GREAT. That's excellent news that Al Queda is running around with SA-7 missiles.

www.maltatoday.com.mt...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The fact that he came out from the gate admitting an affair means there is A LOT more salacious stuff to follow. Normally you don't lead with that...it trickles out.

He wanted to lob an info bomb that he hoped would have everyone chasing shadows - in order to deflect the full truth.

Now, the question is...does that truth pertain to the Administration and Benghazi or does it pertain to his own human frailties and proclivities?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT
reply to post by kdog1982

That is seriously scary. Stevens was trying to buy back surface to air missiles, that we apparently GAVE to the Libyan freedom fighters..............cough cough Al Queda. GREAT. That's excellent news that Al Queda is running around with SA-7 missiles.

www.maltatoday.com.mt...

Follow the crumbs,man.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join