It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the patsy has accepted his new position of taking the fall... and bows out quietly stating "personal" reasons.

So who will be the other patsies, I wonder ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Paula Broadwell is who he supposedly had the affair with

www.charlierose.com...

You think it was a sting, a set up, did Paula set the guy up with orders to do so?

I do feel so sorry for his wife.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

reply to post by digital01anarchy

Could be 3 wrongs don't make a right. (or a left for that matter)

There are big questions about the WEAPONS that ended up getting used in that attack.
They weren't 'oh let's go riot out of the blue' weapons.' They used 'let's plan this crap out well in advance' weapons

I just found it quite interesting considering the timing but i guess it was a woman close to him. Anyway he quit then flees to Asia? I wonder if something will happen to him while hes there?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No, I think she volunteered for the role.
She would not be so stupid - she's a respected writer- military - smart enough to be someone the general would want to spend time with (cause believe me, with older men, it ain't all about the sex- she was JOGGING with him- they were FRIENDS...she couldn't have been stupid....

I mean

WOULD YOU HACK THE DIRECTOR OF THE CIA Director's email?
What kind of STUPID person would do that?

They would have us believe this. If she did it, she did it to get caught.
Playing her role will help her book sales.

I bet it's going ding ding ding with the cash register right now.

She probably thought she was doing it for her country too - some sort of win win I can justify doing this.
edit on 9-11-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Lookie, Paula on the daily show , what a couinidink, we should find out everything we can about this double agent,
ha

oops
www.slate.com...
edit on 063030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Originally posted by James1982
Did his affair actually cause him to get blackmailed? We don't know. Maybe someone DID try and blackmail him, and instead of giving in he came clean and quit. If this is what happened I commend the man, that's some integrity right there.
My question is an "Affair" really happen, or is just an excuse for him to step down. If so it's a good excuse, everybody's going to be trying to hunt down the "Mystery Woman" while the real story takes place right in front of everybody's eyes.

Definitely possible and not unlikely, but I see no evidence of it. Some people here are saying the cover story (if it is a cover) doesn't make sense. It does, perfect sense. It's a great cover. Whether it's true we don't know, but people need to stop saying the story doesn't add up, it does, either because it really happened or because it was planned and calculated. The argument of "What does an affair have to do with being CIA director" is without merit, is all I was trying to convey.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Doesn't this support the assertion that Benghazi was a C.I.A. run operation?

How? Please do explain. Petraeus made a mistake accepting the role of head of the CIA. The job was always going to come with its share of potholes in the road. Even without the admitted affair there was always the risk the Obama admin would make him a scape goat for something. Obama has been wanting to destroy Petraeus politically since he first sat in the White House.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
IMO she TALKS like she is in love with him in the video I posted earlier.

And she'd have known about his wife, being his biographer.
The wife may have not known about her - or might have - but excused it since it was overseas and her husband was at war.

Don't tell MY hubby but I'd excuse him for that. I like to think I would. War is hard.
Or she could just not care. I have known military wives that do not CARE as long as hubby just stays GONE most of the time.

I suspect they did, but I just don't think it is important. I do think Benghazi is important.
I don't think - if not for Benghazi- this would have come out.

I think the women were OK with it coming out...since the resignation was so detailed- so it must be a way to get Petraeus out of office quickly to protect him somehow.
edit on 9-11-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Do you think that the affair was made up to wreck any political ambitions Petraeus might have had?
Hillary would profit from such a move handsomely. I still lean towards it being a personal error of judgment or a black mail attempted,

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

Do you think that the affair was made up to wreck any political ambitions Petraeus might have had?
Hillary would profit from such a move handsomely. I still lean towards it being a personal error of judgment or a black mail attempted,

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It's ironic that this comes up as part of the Benghazi fallout. Security risk? Really?

What, were they afraid Petraeus was going to LET PEOPLE DIE or something?

The security risk of an affair in this day and age is not at all what it used to be. All you have to do is call the bluff. You tell your wife and she dumps you or not. It's the vultures in the press and your political enemies who pretend its still some big awful unheard of thing.

Frankly, at that level, most wives KNOW the affair is/was going on, and it's really only the social embarrassment of it all coming out that either gets them to leave or simply provides them a social opportunity to leave if they have wanted to leave for years already. Divorce laws make it an opportune time to leave of course.

These days it's more true to say it's a political rip cord. It's a string that can be pulled when it's time to get rid of you and they want a convenient excuse to provide a little cover for the press. This way, the press doesn't have to talk as much about Benghazi and his open clash with Obama, which is the obvious reason he's leaving now. They were going to pull it and he beat them to the punch, or he was given the option of resigning before they did and took it.

Originally posted by BeneathBaseStupidity
img: Bill Clinton - Respect

Yeah except look what others have done with the CIA director job title on their business card.

Allen Dulles shagged Queen Frederica of Greece.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Can he maybe claim the 5th and NOT answer questions if he is a private citizen?
Could that be why the resignation?
I mean, they could call him - but if he is a civilian, does he HAVE to say anything.

I plead the 5th.
I plead.
I plead.
I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

Could that be it?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

I believe that he could plead the 5th even as CIA Director.

We can't be seeing this for all that it is, probably never will.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Maybe he left his computer on and it signed in automatically, his email username and password could of been 'accidentally' saved. the cia director using auto sign in
or biographer hacking lover psycho.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
The speed that all of these details have been released within this resignation of 5 hours ago, is mind numbing...

It will be interesting to see when the FBI knew about the affair, I am sure they didn't just stumble upon that info since 3PM EST..

Has the feel of a script being followed... the MSM can skip right by the benghazi hearings and go straight to the biographer mistess deal.. coincidence?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I didn't read all the pages, it appears from an article I was reading on the HuffPoo, that his mistress is under investigation by the FBI as to intelligence leaks. Thought that was an interesting twist.

As most have already commented, this really stinks.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

Agreed, seems very scripted. Your point about how quickly the information is flooding out.....quite the difference from how the Benghazi stuff trickled out.

None of this seems right.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Before we go off to the races guys, read Gordon Duff's take: www.veteranstoday.com...

excerpt:

First of all, we aren’t ready to throw Petraeus to the wolves. He came to the CIA in handcuffs, historically tied to the phony war on terror, his role in the “Sunni Awakening” which paid off Baathist terrorists who are now tearing Iraq apart and his job in Afghanistan, having to clean up the mess made by Stanley McChrystal, who, with Richard Hollbrooke, know more about heroin than Arnold Rothstein ever did.

It is obvious that Petraeus was compromised by a foreign power or found to be involved in something so serious that he would destroy his career and reputation in writing rather than some other consequence, typically “suiciding” or arrest.

We share friends and all I know of Petraeus makes this, the most obvious conclusions, very difficult to believe. He is a man of humor and insight though very ambitious.

Who could have “set up” the Director of the Central Intelligence Agency?
edit on 9-11-2012 by LightsideAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Can he maybe claim the 5th and NOT answer questions if he is a private citizen?
Could that be why the resignation?
I mean, they could call him - but if he is a civilian, does he HAVE to say anything.

I plead the 5th.
I plead.
I plead.
I pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeead

Could that be it?

Interestingly enough I can bet the farm that his security clearance, along with access to any information has been seriously downgraded with this resignation. So even if he were subpeoned to Congress, he has "plausible deniability", "I cannot recall" or "I no longer have access to that information Senator."

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join