It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please tell me why?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Why why... WHY?!?!?

Why is it against some peoples belief system... to ware bloody deodorant??

I just don't understand this!! Do these people not realise that they stink?

Are they just too damn lazy to take 2 seconds out of their day to slap a layer on?

I believe everyone should do what they please, but this is something that should be law!

Do they not know that their stench infiltrates everything within a 5 -10 foot radius?

I stood in an elevator for 2 floors today with one of these people... and when i got back in the car my friend was like... DUDE... WTF!!

Of course i didn't notice it... I was like... huh? Whats yer issue man?

Dude... You fricken wreak!!

:bnghd:

He held his nose the whole way home... and later i get a text from him....

DUDE!! Your stench rubbed off on me!

My wife almost booted me out of the house... She burned my clothes!! LMAO!!!

You owe me a new shirt A**Hole!!

He was joking of course, but still...

This ain't the dark ages people.... You don't have to stink anymore!!

There is a bloody solution!!

Please use it.... For the love of God...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

you should definately stay away from me then, every morning i eat cook 4 garlic teeth and 1/4 of an onion with scrambled eggs, so there is more onion and garlic than eggs in my plate
edit on 9-11-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do not wear it at all (do not trust all those chemicals in it) but I shower and use talc for the bits that get sweaty.
But yes it is annoying when someone smells...I just take em to one side and tell em.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Some cultures believe the body's natural odor smells good.
For others, I think it's a natural people repellant. Subconsciously, they are saying, stay away from me.

Go figure.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I'm not sure a deodorant would be enough in the situation you describe...
A stinky guy not having shower for a long time can even smell worse with deodorant, kinda making the deodorant to stink by mixing with his smell...
Shower is the only viable solution. Deodorant is meant to "stay fresh longer" not to turn bad smells into good smells.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's full of chemicals, so I tend to avoid it unless necessary. Other than that I dunno.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I know a lot of people that don't use it, because of the chemicals and stuff in it. But they don't stink.
I think what you suffered through may be someone that just doesn't take care of themselves properly.
Hubby had a friend, ex now thank god, that would go a week or more without showering. Hubby was nice enough to keep him in the garage, not letting him in the house. Trust me, deodorant couldn't touch that smell!!! It was disgusting.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I honestly don't know what it's called - but one of my ex girlfriend works in the natural / herbal remedy business and she gave me a rock that works like deodorant. No chemicals involved. And it does actually work. Even on days when I am highly active ( like yard work ) and get sweaty.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Try going to the gym where you actually break sweat with a group of 5 of these same people that don't wear any..
I switched gyms due to this group because not only the 5-10 foot radius stunk the whole damn gym wreaks.
edit on 9-11-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I had never heard of a rock deodorant so I googled, originally I was going to ask you if she gave you any magic beans to go with it but it seems to be a real thing

Does it look like this?

If so it's Potassium Alum apparently
It has quite a bit of aluminium in it sadly
edit on 9-11-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

He held his nose the whole way home... and later i get a text from him....

DUDE!! Your stench rubbed off on me!

What are you pulling here? Your story sure seems to indicate that you are the stinky guy.

As for your question about belief system: I don't subscribe to the notion that "the odor of sanctity" is some sort of perfume.

But seriously, worse than lack of deodorant is lack of soap. I have serious skin reactions to the vast majority of products available these days. (Irish Spring is the worst). I can't use any soap labelled "anti bacterial" for some reason. My daughter-in-law has taken to calling me the "Lord of Germs"
No, she only called me that once.

And besides all that, I am lazy. I do manage to shower 2 times per week, rather I need to or not.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yup that's what it looks like!

I'd stress the aluminum content - except that I used to work in a sheet metal processing plant and burned that carcinogen bridge years ago.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Lol... No no...

This guy smells wonderful all the time.... Im 33 and i'll tell ya... You can not get a date if you don't smell great.

By the way im not just talking about guys here... I've met women that have this issue as well.

Is it really the fear of "chemicals" people?

C'mon... If thats the case at least wrap your pits in Saran wrap!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

aluminium
oh noz! the rock deodorant [never tried it though] haz it too!

can't afford patchouli nowadays [a dab behind the ears and the wrists usually has you covered]

the reason most people stink is their diet,
plus years worth of crap stuck to their intestinal walls, leading to absorption
in blood stream and excretion through sweat glands.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

To maybe look at this another way....
there are quite a few medications that produce an awful odor when people sweat them out.
I was on an antibiotic that was like that, no matter how many showers I took I could still smell my sweat.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
When I was 10, my cousin took me to Sea World. We were sitting all the way to one side of the Shamoo show. I remember the family wearing bonnets walking toward the stands, I was intrigued by their different style of dress. I was glad when they were coming up the stand and took the seats behind us. That was my first lesson that not everyone wears deodorant

When I smell a smelly person today, I still think of that day 25+ years ago

I believe you when you say you stank after that 2 floor ride, that stench clings to everything, especially nose hairs!

edit on 10-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Cool, what's it's called? The rock, I mean.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw davespanner's post. Gonna star you both.
edit on 10-11-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Fun fact

What the 'stinkies' need is anti-perspirant/deoderant...not just the cheap, smell masking deodorant.

new topics

top topics

join