It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Normalcy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Now depression is a leading affliction in much of the world and despite all of the mind altering drugs prescribed to fight the illness this disease persists and is, quite frankly, not something that can be solved within the confines of normalcy. You see it is of my opinion that normalcy is a leading cause of depression, which is to say that life has become a major bore.

Really life is quite exciting, a natural roller coaster ride reality comes with all sorts of seemingly random events to keep things interesting. Earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanic eruptions, the ebb and flow of bee populations, blown out tires, busted water heaters, etcetera, but we have a tendency to fight against these natural curve balls and strive to maintain what many, especially politicians, refer to as normalcy. We strive to flatten out the natural roller coaster and what we end up with is a flat line of non-stop boredom. The same thing day in and day out for your entire life, sound fun to you?

Here in the states, as many of you are aware, there was a recent hurricane that dealt a healthy blow to the east coast washing away cars and coastlines, flooding houses, subways and businesses. Just a few days later it's back to work, wall street is back open for business while the block next door has no power, people are trudging to their cubicles on foot because their car either doesn't work or is non-existent. Nothing to see here folks and don't you dare think about breaking the routine!

There's an army of recovery workers breaking their backs to restore power to millions at break neck speeds, we've got to maintain normalcy! Heaven forbid you accept the fact that nature doesn't fit into a cube, take your time and get things back to where you want them at a comfortable and leisurely pace. You might think, well there's all these people out in the cold with no heat, we've got to help them!

As I understand it there are hundreds of thousands of completely vacant homes across the United States, why can't people simply find a comfortable place to stay for a little while? Oh that's right, they've got to get back to work as soon as possible don't they? Every time nature throws us a curve ball to keep things interesting we've got to punish ourselves. Got sick again? Don't forget to report that to your manager and if you've been sick more than the allowed number of sick days there will be hell to pay. Oh I'm sorry, did your car break down today? Too bad, you should've told nature that you're boss says you're not allowed to be late!

Remember, if you break the routine you will be reprimanded! Find yourself popping a few too many pills lately? Maybe you're just bored out of your mind. I once heard a doctor say "babies are smarter than us, the sleep when they're tired and eat when they're hungry rather than when they're supposed to." We've been trying to tell each other what to do and what to be, take a look around you and obviously that hasn't been working.

Did a hurricane wash your house away? Feel free to leave if you so choose.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"I don't care how hungry you are, it's not your lunch hour yet!" Got news for ya, there's no such thing as a lunch hour.

"I can't hang out tonight, I have be at work tomorrow at 6am." Got news for ya, no you don't.

And the leaders of the world? They're the worst kind of evil, the insane kind. The type that does not know the difference between right and wrong. The type that are so immensely ignorant they actually think they're smart.

For the record: Depression = Pestilence
And if Gov. Christie is looking for locusts he need only peer into a mirror. People devour souls at an unprecedented rate.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

join