It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No power tomorrow

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Yeah, that's right. No electricity here from 7:30am to 5:30pm. What to do?!?!?!?!?!?

I think I will hike over the mountain ridge with my 7 month old puppy, or maybe travel to some remove waterfall / swimming area. Hmm... I could also work the garden if at home, and need to hit the weekly market tomorrow! It's too late now =( Goodnight!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So what is the story here? Are they updating your equipment? Get your back up water and stuff. Remind people that this is something they can use as a reminder of what life will be when the grid goes down for an indefinite time and not just a few hours. (The waterfalls sound wonderful, lucky you!)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Are ufos or aliens responsible for your lack of power?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

What does this have to do with Aliens/UFO's??

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Spike into the lines before the meter while it's off.

They've been scewing you with big bills for years, get some for free.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Some people in New Jersey and New York have been without power since October 29th, and still might not get it back on for another 7 days. Imagine what that must be like.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BigBossWorm

Yes, I imagine community spirit is seeing a great comeback and people are learning to be resourceful again rather than living in cocoons and pushing buttons.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Nah, it's really a non issue here, electricity is relatively new. Power is back, I think it was changing some transformers somewhere. This happens about once a month. We ended up going to a friends farm and hung out there for awhile.

No worries about water, its piped down from the mountain spring and fills my tank because of gravity. The overflow goes to the village tank below me =)

top topics

join