Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Couple Gets Wedding Photo Nearly 90 Years Later

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Find this wonderful article and it made me smile, so of course i had to share with my ATS compadres.

According to ABC News
a Chinese couple married nearly 90 years finally got their wedding photo taken.

Wu Conghan, 101, and his wife Wu Songnshi, 103, are from Nanchong in Sichuan province. They never had the chance to have a wedding portrait taken. When they married almost 90 years ago, in China such a thing did not exist. Cameras were only for the very wealthy or privileged, and Mr. and Mrs. Wu were neither. According to their stated ages and recollection of their marriage date, the husband was 13 at the time of his wedding and his wife was 15. Teen marriages were not uncommon at that time in China.

I can hardly imagine what it must be like to be married for 90 years, can you? Heck, my 8 years seems like forever sometime! But this couple managed to beat the odds in more ways than one....they're both over 100 years old and been married almost a century. That's amazing!

Mrs. Wu donned a full length, white wedding gown and veil for the big day. Mr. Wu put on a white coat and black bow tie and stood next to the woman he married so long ago. Together they proudly smiled straight into the camera, practically bursting with pleasure the photo they always wanted would soon be theirs. The centenarian couple had no plans for a honeymoon. But seeing their portrait on a laptop was excitement enough, and a memento they will keep forever.

join