It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to replace God with aliens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

Actually no,,Scientology was based on science fiction ,similar to mormonism . The Sumerian tablets were actually real and THE FIRST writings that we know of so far...Not even paying attention to the translations, look at the pics and youll see the symbols used today in the freemasons as well as larger,smaller people and all kinds of strange stuff...Notice the details and make your own conclusions..

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Yes, Enoch was a very interesting read , IMO the best one. Its a shame that they left it out of the bible and most christians have no idea of who he is. IMO it should have been added.........if the men who decided to leave it out had left it in there then it would be seen as a holy godly writing and cherished bye christians,,,,,,,but its not because MAN left it out ...........

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WorShip

"Creator of the universe" with "Life that evolved on a planet like Humans".

Who says the universe isn't just a bigger version of a planet? Remember, WE are the ones who invented the word 'universe'. We're the ones who defined it. Is it really so surprising that our definition may be faulty, or may exhibit less-than-perfect understanding?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, I'm just making the comparison. The notion of a God that created the universe and was somehow outside of it doesn't have any merit.

I would be prepared to believe that pre bigbang there could have been a consciousness that formed, that possibly had something to do with the creation of the universe, but was "destroyed" in the making, and we are literally that consciousness in a different configuration of matter. Universe evolution.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26
What about all of the theories that ET's are possibly demons?
Maybe the Vatican, by stating that ET's possibly do exist, maybe they are somewhat stating they are demons in disguise?

-Maybe this isn't a good example, but the movie "The Fourth Kind". Take a look at the part where the main character (cannot remember her name) is conducting hypnosis on one of here clients. The client then begins speaking in an alternate voice, speaking in ancient Sumerian.
-The strangest thing about the movie that really gets you thinking, is that this Alien/Demonic voice states "I AM GOD".

You realize that movie was a hoax right? The people in the movie dont even exist and the only renote truth in it is that weird shiz has happened in nome...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by WorShip
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, I'm just making the comparison. The notion of a God that created the universe and was somehow outside of it doesn't have any merit.

I would be prepared to believe that pre bigbang there could have been a consciousness that formed, that possibly had something to do with the creation of the universe, but was "destroyed" in the making, and we are literally that consciousness in a different configuration of matter. Universe evolution.

Thats essentially my belief. The world itself is god. We have a bit of god potential in ourselves as well. But i wouldnt say it was destroyed. But there sure are some peculiarities in things that lead me to believe it.

Ancient aliens are a funny thing to me. I believe some "evil" aliens may have come here at one point and claimed to be god. This would explain alot of pure evil in the bible and quran im also amoral though.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think of it this way. I have my own choices for Faith but I maintain a healthy respect for the Bible. Those writing it were doing it as much to record events of the times and history as the more obvious purpose. The New Testament, anyway. Even Muslims recognize Jesus, as well. Which I found surprising when I first learned about it but it's gone further to confirming my feelings that he did exist and at least some of what is attributed to him did happen. (Islam strongly disagrees with who/what Jesus was...but the same names are common between the religions, interestingly enough)

Outside of that? Well, I recall hearing someone over the years suggest that sufficiently advanced technology would be indistinguishable from magic to those with no frame of reference for what they were seeing. Then I look back at much of what I don't argue likely did happen. Even the burning bush is an interesting point though as flame/plasma has been played with as a very pure medium for a speaker.

So, entirely divine? Technology perhaps we'd still see as very advanced and they just couldn't begin to fathom at the time? I try and keep an open mind since it costs nothing and that would be one heck of a thing to get wrong by burning bridges, IMO.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well i am the almighty GOD...I know you don't believe me that is why i am posting this...You people of the earth have called me Mupka,Shiva,Allah,God,Christ,Alien,Sun,Blaze,chipaa,Dragon,Mitra,Zambuka,ooobuh chop chop and many other names throughout your history,but i will remain simply GOD and nothing more..Feel free to ask me any questions you may have .I will try to answer them within my limitations (yes even gods have limitations) .and as long as it doesn't interfere with your or anybody's life.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Most people, when you get them right down to it, will admit that "god" to them is a feeling that they get when confronted with something vast and unfathomable.

how did you end up with this conclusion?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Whether you believe in God or Aliens you utilize the same logical fallacies...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Are you crazy?

Even if you believe one is a fairy tale, why would replace it with a different one?

And to be honest, even putting them in the same ballpark is pretty strange, no? How can you compare faith; the subject of the afterlife and concept of souls and the creator of the universe (including aliens) with the completely irrelevant subject of life on other planets?

What the hell has one got to do with the other?

edit on 10-11-2012 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

What like?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Actually I've learned he has at least two names recently.

"I am that I am"

and

"Jealousy"

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Extra biblical writings say that God rules over over 18,000 other planets. Its therefore not some other dimension, but a statement that he lives off earth.

got any links to these extra biblical writings? they sound interesting.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Enoch's account is The Dead Sea scrolls right?

Can you take that as gospel tho ?

(half-pun intended)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghosthunter79
Currently writing a Sci-Fi thriller called Watchers based on some of the ancient alien theories. It takes some of the theories to create a thriller set in the modern age. If your interested and want to know more you can visit my Facebook page and LIKE to receive updates and chapter snippets!

www.facebook.com/watchersebook

get it grammar checked

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pacifier2012 I think your an idiot

but we know you're one

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by namine

You really need to read Daughter of smoke and bone by Laini Taylor, if you think like this you'll love it. great thread thanks.

Haven't heard of that. Will look it up. Thanks.

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Then you answered your own question. We can't replace one with the other because while they are both unknowns, hidden, "others," they have different pretend attributes associated with them.

Although, if you have two closed boxes, and you don't know what is in either of them, you could possibly say that the boxes are similar because they both have unknowns in them. If the "box" was a definition, then you could say that the definitions were equivalent. Both of them being "unknown."

I see what you're saying, although I was more on the point of replacing something unfathomable with something comparatively fathomable. I think it requires less imagination to consider intelligent lifeforms out there in different star systems than the kind of super being described in the Bible. What science tells us and what we know about the universe makes the plausibility of aliens less of an unknown than God. It's saying something if the Vatican has to play catch up with science.

reply to post by chrisb9

It's questions like that that make you think. Bible God seems awfully human to me which I guess shouldn't come as a surprise considering his origin.

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
Most 'snub' the concept that extraterrestrials are visiting this planet.

And yet some of the same people believe extraterrestrials (angels) visited this planet.

Do you truly believe that an alien created the Universe, the planets, the suns, and intelligent life? 

Nope.

This is why - your gospel is a television show on the Freemason History Channel.

It's not gospel to me, it simply raises questions.

Why do channeled 'alien messages' match the channeled messages from the occult, New Age religions, gurus, drug trips and shamans? Why do these supposed beings alternately claim to be ascended masters, spirit guides, extraterrestrials or human beings from our past or future? Why do they all go out of their way to deny that Christ Jesus was the Word in the flesh? Why do they all state that He alone is not the Saviour? Why do they all state that man is in essence, "god"? Try reading these messages and see that they lie, deceive, confuse and pass themselves off as various entities, and that in the process they have devotees across the world who, unbeknownst to each other, have all accepted the same message - that divinity is within, that we can be "god".

What channeled alien messages are you on about? And how are they any worse than the channeled alien messages from the Bible? I guess it's on you to decide which channeled alien messages you believe wholeheartedly and which you throw out.

So, in other words, Christians who hold to the Truth as presented in scripture are close-minded? And that you are open-minded because you watch the propaganda on tv? Our Father is Creator of Heaven and Earth and the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. What He tells us is this - that man has a very serious and deadly condition. A propensity to not only believe that we are our own gods but that everything we do from this perspective leads us down the path of destruction. As little 'gods', we reject our Creator and choose to redefine good and evil, thus eventually disintegrating through redefining evil as good.

And who's to say the Bible isn't propaganda? It came from man, just like anything else you see on tv. And there's nothing wrong with researching and exploring possibilities, I think it would be close-minded not to.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
The other thing is has anyone really seen God?

Moses saw his back, but to see the face of God means certain death to man.

I see your point tho. (about as often as I see God or aliens.)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by namine

Are you crazy?

Even if you believe one is a fairy tale, why would replace it with a different one?

And to be honest, even putting them in the same ballpark is pretty strange, no? How can you compare faith; the subject of the afterlife and concept of souls and the creator of the universe (including aliens) with the completely irrelevant subject of life on other planets?

What the hell has one got to do with the other?

I don't think it's that strange. Science today allows for aliens, but not Bible God, so aliens can't be considered fairy tales in the same light. And it's not so much comparing faith as it is comparing our ancestors' interpretations of events with what we know now.

And thanks to everyone who's contributed to the thread. I've enjoyed reading through all the responses and appreciate all the differing points of view.

edit on 10-11-2012 by namine because: say thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join