It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Such a shame...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
America is the home of the freedom of press, freedom of choice, association, yadda yadda yadda... we have a "democratic" society where we can elect the officals we want... we have the ability to choose somebody from outside the standard two political parties...

If we're told about them.

If we are taught about them.

My points being; for the adults, when was the last time you saw a major televised debate in which somebody other than the Big Two was on? Or when was the last time you saw news coverage for a third (or forth) parties standing in the polls?

For children... my son participated in the Scolastic's Weekly Reader "Kids Vote 2004" election, with the only candidates being Bush and Kerry. Nickelodeon had a "Kids Vote 2004" in which, you guessed it, only Bush and Kerry were on the ballets.

Are our systems doing this on purpose? Are our schools and media going out of their way to not inform the population?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
It is entrenchment of the existing archaic electoral system in the US as if it is in some way "constitutional" and sacred that creates the environment for the problem. Then all permutations of the problem (in education, media, and individual consciousnesses) have a happy breeding ground to perpetuate disinterest and the pathetic status quo.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Still laughing... most elaquently put!

Don't think I've ever read a response like that before!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
According to Nickelodeon, Kerry won the office of President.

What is of special note here is that Nickelodeon, by using their "Kid's Vote" campaigns, have accurate-ly predicted the political outcome for the last four presidents.

new topics

top topics

join