It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I experiencing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This thread grew out of my reply to a post yesterday. For as long as I can remember I have felt to a great extent like an observer. It began as a child, I would see a house or a setting of some kind and I would imagine (daydream?) myself in it and I could imagine the full sensory awareness. I can smell, feel and experience what I was imagining. It is like I can see inside the room. It is as if I can feel the emotions (good, bad, and ugly) that have occurred in that place. That feeling and experience continues to this day. I have investigated what it means to be an empath and I acknowledge that I have always felt deep in the core empathy for others even to the point of sometimes feeling their pain. However, this almost forensic viewing of places I have never been in is sometimes unnerving. The emotions stirred up are often very powerful and often sad. However, other times they are warm and comforting. I often have to shake them off and refocus elsewhere to stop my emotional response to them. Has anyone else experienced this? I read about others who are also becoming more alert and I wonder are there others like me. Are you out there?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
In my humble opinion, you are normal. Being psychic is normal. Being able to connect with other things, people, places, and feel the vibrations is a normal thing. Society has just beat it out of us, and kept us trapped and distracted with things that really don't matter (sports, politics, race, religion). You are normal, revel in it, embrace it, don't let it control you though, you will still have to work at not letting it bother you. In time, other gifts will manifest. Welcome to the "new" (was old, but now new again) Normal. Don't let anyone tell you different, don't fear as that will turn it off. Don't let others feed you fear.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

congratulations, you have unlocked a sense many people keep locked. its also good to see you still have an imagination, again many people have had that stripped of them these days.

what you experience, IF its not an old memory from you were younger, is either from my point of reference

- a "past" life that you are still connected through, be it that you need to remember something or its simply a form of love trying to tell you something.

- or what you are experiencing is in fact another "version" of you in a parelel reality. (same you, but the objective reality is different). the way this works is by changing your inner (core) vibration/resonance to match that of your "other you" and you are simply interconnected through "you" that way.

There is a meaning behind all this but only you can figure that out, either you are trying to remember something and your subconscious is slowly giving you little bits at a time so you dont go crazy, or it is just simply you can connect through the ether easily and you do it just because you can. But generally everything that happens in life, happens for a reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Skada

Operating in my Christian faith I have also manifested words of knowledge, words of wisdom, and discerning of spirits. In those times I feel very much as a conduit voice to others for their benefit. I can feel when the spirit wants to speak through me. The word quickening is a good description. I experience it as a tension that builds to a point of expression. I feel a relief and peace after exercising the gift. Altogether I experience life in a hypersensitive way. I would like to hear other's stories and what they are experiencing.

top topics

join