It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Has Passed the Rubicon, Welcome to the USSA and Eventually, Collapse.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Originally posted by phroziac
Your first reply proves whats wrong with the country. The majority are perfectly happy, only a minoroty have common sense.

I dont know whats better, to be ignorant and happy, or know the truth, be slightly depressed, and know that your about to be hit by a fright train.

Here we go. I don't see how you can possibly think you have a monopoly on truth when you get your information from a single source.

That's not critical thinking. That's called cognitive dissonance.

I never said I got my thinking from a single sorce. Critical thinking doesnt even Involve getting information from sources. Its about thinking and problem solving for yourself. I think you fail to understand what critical thinking truly is...
edit on 9-11-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Personally I hope this country crumbles, burns, and endures widespread suffering.

Only then will people like HappyBunny on the left, and the jesus freaks on the right realize what they have done to themselves.

Americans deserve to feel the pain of their ignorance.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
Personally I hope this country crumbles, burns, and endures widespread suffering.

Only then will people like HappyBunny on the left, and the jesus freaks on the right realize what they have done to themselves.

Americans deserve to feel the pain of their ignorance.

With any luck it will start at your house.

edit on 9-11-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by TeflonBear
reply to post by olaru12

Maybe you should read his/her signature before you troll!

I read his signature and my response is that plenty of deaf people can spell just fine.

Read my signature...........

edit on 9-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

Actually, seems to me you are the one talking out of your 4th point of contact....

Poor phonological decoding and poor phonological awareness are also correlated with poor spelling ability (Shaywitz & Shaywitz 2005). A longitudinal study on spelling development by Caravolas, Hulme & Snowling (2001) demonstrated that proficient spelling depends on both phoneme awareness and letter-sound knowledge. In this paper, we present evidence supporting this causal role through analyses of spelling errors within the setting of a spelling-level-match comparison between older children with spelling disabilities (SD) and younger normally progressing children.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Clearly, if one cannot sound out words and or hear the sounds it has a profound effect on their ability to spell... I'd say this is especially true if one doesn't learn these phonetic fundamentals at an early age. In schools one primarily learns English spelling and word construction rules by 3rd grade. Obviously, if one was hearing impaired until after that age he'd have some difficulty. I'd say doubly so if he is older say 40+ because there were not all the same special opportunities for the hearing impaired that one assumes to be available based on modern educational standards.

It is clear to me what he means to communicate - pretending his intent or ideas are unsound because he has a problem spelling is simply and underhanded attempt to disqualify his ideas based on their technical construction. Personally, I think it makes you seem like a douche...

Not everyone on ATS had a PHD in English or even a High School diploma; however, I find I can understand what they all mean and I get their ideas without regard to strict adherence to style and technical grammar rules.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Wow! Both sides have been propagandized with extreme polar opposite views.

Who woulda thunk it?!

Let's see if a reality check can be had.

As you can see, the projections for our debt in 2016 range from 18-22 Trillion.

What you're not hearing in this thread is the info included at the bottom. . . the likely growth of our GDP alongside the debt

Only one in four of these estimates put our debt to gdp ratio higher in four years than it is today!

Now onto this notion that we're going to collapse
hmmm, let's look at how other counties are doing compared to the us. . .

As is plain to see, the US fairs better than Greece, England, GERMANY, Italy, Ireland, & Portugal.

So why the hell are we not talking about a collapse in Britian, or is their talk of Germany bailing out other countries?!

Why are people erroneously saying the US will collapse? Who benefits from this propaganda

Look, we rule the world by military and currency dominance. Until those two are superceded by another, there will be no collapse.

This is just nonsense for the proletarians to focus on, while the ruling class continues to live the high life and laugh at all you schmucks.
edit on 9-11-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan

With any it will start at your house.

Very doubtful.

I can provide for myself and my family without any form of government assistance. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 50 million people in this country cannot say the same

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

nevermind
edit on 9-11-2012 by tvtexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

thanks golf for the help. Im 25, Youngster, and still have alot to learn with spelling, we are always learning.

I find for most the time people attack me on my spelling when I hit a nerve and they can’t defend their position with a logical answer.

I became a critical thinker impart because I had to learn a lot on my own in an early age because of being deaf. I also find I was not indoctrinated by the school system because I could not hear the teacher anyways. hahah

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

What a bunch of hyperbolic crap.

Boo-hoo. A Dem is the figurehead-with-no-real-substantive-control-over-how-things-actually-run for another 4 years. You act like you've never endured a liberal president before.

2016 may well put a guy from the other side of the aisle in, and we'll go about trying to turn the Middle East into a parking lot, with liberals bitching and moaning the whole time.

These things change, go in cycles. Go live your life, adjust accordingly. It's not the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColAngus

What a bunch of hyperbolic crap.

Boo-hoo. A Dem is the figurehead-with-no-real-substantive-control-over-how-things-actually-run for another 4 years. You act like you've never endured a liberal president before.

2016 may well put a guy from the other side of the aisle in, and we'll go about trying to turn the Middle East into a parking lot, with liberals bitching and moaning the whole time.

These things change, go in cycles. Go live your life, adjust accordingly. It's not the end of the world.

This terms elections underscored the fundamental changes of America. Once from self-reliant limited government to nanny state, cradle to grave. Of course this was a decade in the making but this election showed you that we are now at the nanny state. One that will fail. I don’t know how you can say everything is going to be ok with a straight face. You must not know what’s going on. A lot of people don’t know what’s going on.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I'm not waving the white flag.

We can't change policy unless we change our culture.

We can't change our culture unless we change our outlook.

We can't change our outlook unless we change ourselves.

Time for a more radical approach, time for some real change, time to get involved.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Changing the voter demographic wouldn't hurt either.

Nothing wrong with reverting back to the people that actually had a stake in the future of the nation and actually paid taxes being the only ones who vote.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Do you really think we're going to be living in The Road within the next 4 years? Seriously?

Things are either going to get better or improve, but they're not going to get hysterically catastrophic before the NEXT election.

You and all the other Chicken Littles will get another shot soon enough. Calm the eff down already.

I'm 38, work as a professional, and will continue to be financially raped along with everyone else doing the whining, so spare me the "YOU DON'T KNOW, MAN" platitudes.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Time for a more radical approach, time for some real change, time to get involved.

IDK beezzer, i live i california so theres no hope here. How can you change the mindset of getting free stuff?

PS sorry you lost the avitar bet.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Spoiler alert: 'They' feel the same way.

second line

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

IDK beezzer, i live i california so theres no hope here. How can you change the mindset of getting free stuff?

PS sorry you lost the avitar bet.

Grassroots. I imagine that if you met one-on-one with people, they would not agree to the entitement meme pervasive in our country. Even those that voted for Obama.

Our only hope is to start small and grow a movement of true freedom, real responsibility. Real liberty.

The Tea Party has been co-opted by the GOP.
The GOP is dying.
The democrats are in a bloodlust of government control and entitlement spending.

Start small, go independent. The Baptists go house to house and pass out pamphlets.
The Mormons do it as well.
The Witnesses do as well.

We start one house, then one block, then one neighborhood, then one town, then one city, then one county, then one state, then one region.

Until we get our country back.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Sir, I like this. Let's start by stopping the crybaby hyperbole. Get involved with local issues and actually putting some boots on the ground in helping improve our communities instead of this continued hand wringing about the feds. Voting is good and losing with a sense of style and grace shows true character and honor. Lead, follow or get the **** out of the way!
edit on 9-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
reply to post by beezzer

Changing the voter demographic wouldn't hurt either.

Nothing wrong with reverting back to the people that actually had a stake in the future of the nation and actually paid taxes being the only ones who vote.

No. I must disagree. Leave the divisiveness to the folks that love class warfare, play the race card, pit us against each other.

Our new "meme" should include the "100%"
edit on 9-11-2012 by beezzer because: e

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

No. I must disagree. Leave the divisiveness to the folks that love class warfare, play the race card, pit us against each other.

Our new "meme" should include the "100%"
edit on 9-11-2012 by beezzer because: e

There is a certain segment of the voting population who votes for whoever promises them more of other peoples money. Whether it be the welfare parasites, or the corporate welfare parasites, they arent likely to change their attitudes, so measures must be taken to prevent them from having a say in how our money is spent.

There are exponentially more "have nots" in this country than there are "haves". The "have nots" want what the "haves" have. Since they refuse to earn it themselves, they vote it to themselves instead. Instead of showing up to work every day and making something of themselves, they show up to the voting booth on a single day.

There is nothing wrong with restricting voting to landowners and people who actually pay taxes. Afterall, it is their money, they and they alone should vote for how it is spent.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well I won't say you're a communist state yet but definitely tilting in that direction, no doubt.

I don't even live in America and I can see the communist influence from here.

Though, I partly think its the cause of Wall Street and America's mistrust of mega-companies which has opened the doors for someone like Obama to walk in and act like he's the savior. Slowly but surely the government will regulate ever part of your lives if you allow it to do so.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join