It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Felt up by a Homeless guy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Firstly I am very sorry to hear you were violated. The only thing I can think of is to set him up to do it again. This time if he goes for anything hurt him badly.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

I actually had a homeless teenager try to grab a smoke right out of my mouth.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by phroziac

We are not allowed to carry weapons at work.

Neither are we. (As I take off my boot holster, and look at my special under armor holster shirts in the closet, and the worn spot on my belt from the holster that fits in the small of my back.)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If the guy is messed up (mentally) maybe it was just his way of letting you know he thinks you're pretty!

However, personally I would have knocked fire from his ___!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968
reply to post by phroziac

We are not allowed to carry weapons at work.

Well, i carry a 45 at work.im not alloeed to either. As far as they knoe it stays in the car.. A normal purse would hide it very well, and any normal size woman should be able to handle the recoil. They dont check do they?

Like i said though, i have a 22 ultra subcompact. No one wil eveerrrrr know its there. Its a beretta bobcat. Also available in the 25acp chick caliber, but 22 is cheaper

Better to be fired than dead. But its your call. Im drunk by the way. Dont tell my boss.
edit on 9-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
If the guy is messed up (mentally) maybe it was just his way of letting you know he thinks you're pretty!

However, personally I would have knocked fire from his ___!

I know guys like this in nyc that live at penn station. The bums i know will scurry away at a little "leave me the # alone". If they didnt have mental problems theyd not be homeless more than a few months (as i was). I try to have a heart to these people as ive actually been homeless before. But....ya know....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I think the real question that everyone seems to be missing is WHY is the OP such a bad smoker? Stop getting ash all over yourself! Just joking heh.

At first I thought you were a man (Just assume everyone online is male to be safe...) and wondered why you didn't say "Gay bum felt me up"

Bums are a frickin gamble friend, be careful in the future and I'm glad you weren't seriously injured or anything worse. I've met some incredibly nice homeless folk in downtown Portland while out and about partying at night, I've also met some I should have beat the crap out of, and one I did. I think bums get away with what they do because people don't want to beat up a bum. Getting bum blood all over you and having to touch their dirty bodies even for the split second it takes to hit them is too much for most.

Try and get someone to go smoke with you in the future is the best advice I could give.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Just think of it as you may have given him one of the most amazing points of his life over the past ....10 years.

That may have been something that he'll remember for the rest of his life and though it was actually complimentary or something.

You said he's probably got some screws loose, he may have thought that was a perfectly normal thing to do and it may have raised his spirits enough to keep him from drinking himself to death on the streets tonight. Although it was very uncomfortable for you, there wasn't any REAL harm done, you lived through it, although a bit embarrassed and feeling a bit taken advantage of, it didn't do any life-long damage to you and it may have actually provided a small amount of pleasure to someone who hasn't had any form of pleasure for a long, long, ....long time.

(just trying to find a "bright side")

Sorry you had to experience that

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Are you serious?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I said I was just tryin to find a "bright side"....

and I am rarely serious, it's not very much fun

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
OP I am very serious with what I am going to try to get across. I hear you, I understand as best I can how you feel.

The great purple one made a very valid point. How you mentally process things like this is very important. As a counselor I often have to try and change a person's perception of an event.

In that same situation another person may have thought, poor guy. Another may have been a tiny bit cheered by the fact that he chose you other than your friend. Yet another person would see it as an act of abject loneliness and immediately forgiven him.

I had a women to help that had been attacked and had fought the attacker off. It took time to take her from the victim stance of "I was attacked," to the hero stance of "I won, I looked after my self, I am proud of my accomplishment!"

You can change your mindset from, "I was violated," to the stance of, "Ok, I probably needed that, god, I was woefully unprepared, I need to learn how to defend myself."

I feel for you. Your thoughts are never set in concrete. In years to come, you may find it in your heart to thank this poor, lonely human being because he ignited the spark that saves your life at some future time.

Hope this helps.

P

edit on 9/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I agree with you 100%. I dont think I was a victim really as much as I am mad at the way I DID NOT handle the situation at all.

I was more embarrassed than anything. I laughed with my friends but felt very horrible that I just stood there. I keep thinking why didnt I do this or do that. Simple answer...I was in shock.

I am fine. Honestly. Angry with myself yes. Life will go on and if any poor sucker ever brushes ash off of me again I know in my heart I will handle it differently.

Thank you for your kindness.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

I agree with Phoenix, it was a good lesson.
Be prepared from now on. I'm a nice person too, but quickly learned from going to college in the city that 'homeless' people are very strange. Most just want a fix or booze. It's sad they eke out an existence from bumming off other hard working people.
Get some self defense education, it could very well save your life.
Sometimes things happen for a reason.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He's homeless. You probably made his whole year.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
you can buy these exploding ciggarette loads from magic/gag shops that would work great. you just stuff this gunpowder pellet inside your lucky cigg and wait for the homeless to ask for a smoke. They can be quite effective and even harmful! I was trying to get my mom to stop smoking so I did one of hers and she almost crashed the car due to the explosion making tobacco fly into her eyes! Either way its a legal way to get them to attack you first then you can be ready with a can of mace or some other defence HA!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sorry that happened to you OP... really.

You ask what others would have done?

I would never have let him get that close to me in the first place.

I hope you can shake it off and move on...

edit on 10-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I find it amusing how terrified so many of you are of homeless people. Okay, maybe I'd be scared If I were carrying a bag of cheese burgers and a case of beer through downtown Pittsburgh, at midnight...but...even then....I think the homeless would be the least of my worries.

To the OP I'm not trying to make light of the feelings you had that day but I agree with you that they are more about you, and your lack of reaction. Like Purplechitan and the following post said.. This was a great personal lesson, and I hope in a future situation that crosses the line like that, you will nip that # in the bud.

And I see a lot of people telling you to smoke somewhere else. I don't agree. Smoke where you want to smoke, and if he approaches you again... Immediately in a stern voice tell him to keep on walking, he most likely will.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by k21968

If you are ever attacked, try to keep them talking, make them focus on what they are doing by asking them, what are you doing?, why are you doing it?, make them actually think about it.

Try not to make them angry, and if they look as though they are having some sort of psychotic episode try and ground their thinking here in reality by making them think about mundane everyday things, drop this in out of nowhere unexpectedly, do you know how much a packet of cigarettes are?, or, do you know what the time is?, anything to try and act as a grounding rod between their brain and reality.
People tend to think fast when they are under pressure, you will be surprised what you find you can be capable of with adrenalin surging.
Also learn to feel where the call button on your phone is and maybe get a collar mike, make 911 or a loved one the first call that goes out if you hit the call button.

Think of ways to make a verbal description without alerting your attacker that this is what you are doing, "You look cold in that brown jacket and that ripped sleeve can't keep you dry why don't you let me buy you some clothes, we could get you a new t shirt that florida beach one is sooo dirty, new shoes too those brown ones are to big for you" blablabla a commentary that helps you and also makes your attacker think that you are thinking about what is best for them.

Arent you worried someone will CALL THE POLICE, o my god if you were caught kidnapping someone you'd get 20 years..
And remember they have a goal they are working towards, very unlikely to be sexually orientated, especially if a drink or drug user, at some point ask them if they want to go for a drink or go get high, this could be the goal they have anyway, if you appear friendly enough and believable, they may just accept your invitation.

I have been in a situation where i was held hostage by two nasty crackheads because i wouldn't give them the money i had, i couldn't take them, they couldn't find the money, but being on the wrong end of these guys and a screwdriver was pretty scary.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If I'm not mistaken, there's a bible verse that speaks of this. It says something like, "When a homeless man touches your boob, turn the other boob."

But seriously, that sucks. Sorry you a bad experience while trying to be kind.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

I find it amusing how terrified so many of you are of homeless people. Okay, maybe I'd be scared If I were carrying a bag of cheese burgers and a case of beer through downtown Pittsburgh, at midnight...but...even then....I think the homeless would be the least of my worries

Seriously dude? They are the most dangerous thing allowed to roam in our cities. Worse than gray wolves, or hyenas!

A homeless guy followed a man into a fast food restroom here in Tallahassee and stabbed him to death at the urinal. A homeless guy took a teen girl from a Greyhoud bus stop in my hometown, and they found her raped and strangled under a bridge near the homeless camp. A homeless guy stole my Mom's purse, and then ended up killing our dog, and when police arrested him, they found out he had previously murdered his wife, and he was in possession of childrens underwear and a dozen other women's purses!

Treat the homeless the same way you would treat a rabid raccoon, or a coyote walking your neighborhood. As long as you know where they are, and what they are doing, you can keep your distance, but as soon as they approach you, you are in danger.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join