It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant cross seen on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Text
I came across this on beforeitsnews.com. Heres some footage of a giant cross seen from the mars rover. I don't know what this could be some people said it could be the crosshair from a camera.

______beforeitsnews/alternative/2012/11/giant-cross-found-on-mars-by-rover-video-2492998.html

To me this looks like a cross in the Mojave desert

www.snopes.com...

I did not know where to place this thread as it deals with the Mars rover so i figured maybe aliens put up a cross.
Or maybe the rover is on earth and this is a NASA blooper.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by deadpool84

It probably is the cross from the Mojave, it'd be pretty easy to splice that into some martian pics. I'm especially suspicious since none of the nasa.gov string at the the beginning of the movie seems to be valid.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
unless I saw the wrong video, that wasn't footage of mars. That was footage of someone looking at mars pictures on their computer and zooming around.

Do you have a link to the actual NASA footage/pictures?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I found the following quote from one of the youtube responses interesting .

i have found the original photo at nasa.gov, nasa did not erase, or delete, or edit the photo Here is the URL: nasa.gov/mission_pages/msl/mul­timedia/pia16238.html

If you download the one from zippyshare or sendspace it will be a Fake one, this is how to tell real from the fake The NASA photo will be named : 703574main_MSL%20self-portrait­%20pia16239%2020121101_full with underscores
The Fake with Cross will be named: 703574main-MSL-self-portrait-p­ia16239-20121101-full with dashes

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Before it's news; nothing reliable ever came out of that site. Sorry, but it's a continous feed of unreliable "information".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

From reading the comments on the video, the "cross" is not in the original photo from NASA, only on the copy that site is providing. Pretty much confirms it's a hoax.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Did not see a cross on the NASA images. seen here ( click on rover image to enlarge. )
www.spaceflight101.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ajmusicmedia

nothing reliable ever came out of that site. Sorry, but it's a continous feed of unreliable "information".

Kinda like our own western mainstream news outlets that arent even remotely reliable right?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

[Troll Post & I'm Joking]:

See crosses erect every time I visit my homeland in TN - but there are no white horses in the pics wtf...
Get back to the Photoshop and hook a Brother up.

new topics

top topics

join