It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55.20 a barrel !!! winter coming...

page: 1

join
share:
kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Well today the price of oil went to 5 .20 and the reserves are shrinking, also the winter is 2 months away, could that spell doom for the price of oil in the near future?

let say it gets to 65 a barrel (quite probable) and gasoline in USa gets to 280 to 3 10 a gal. guess that whoever wins the election will have a VERY hot potato to handle....

In regards to that I havent heard a SINGLE thing about oil prices by Bush or KErry, maybe they know they have to focus on other things because anything in that regard can burn them in the short run....

Well, looks to me is the Alien Vs Predator all over again...WHOEVER WINS...WE LOOSE...

kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
ops i forgot the link: clicky here

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The situation is much more serious that the price of gasoline in my opinion.

Check out this thread I started ( www.abovetopsecret.com... ) when the price hit a mere $43/barrel.

The situation is only getting worse.

Edit: link fix

[edit on 10/20/2004 by Gools]

kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I made a thread a while back and it got nowhere because it was taken out of contexts (you know the Kerry Vs Bush same old song) but I have been following the price and its implications, In som eway I really dont care that much because Canada and Mexico have very large reserves and are producers, the real problem is the US economy that affects us, so if they go into a deeper resecion or god forbid a DEPRESION, we all be screwed... oil or not...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by kix

Well, looks to me is the Alien Vs Predator all over again...WHOEVER WINS...WE LOOSE...

Thats one of the funniest things I have seen someone say about the election in awhile

About the oil I think Bush and Kerry are to busy pandering to voters to bring up stuff like even though it might be the truth.

People that tell the truth on stuff like this often dont do good in a election. Mondale when he was running for President came out and told the people that he was going to raise taxes but so would Reagan, He loss in a landslide.

Presidents are rewarded for sugarcoating the truth. You really have to pander to what the people want to hear and $3.10 a gallon for gas nobody wants to hear that even if its the truth.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
with the price of a barrel of oil staying above $50 i don't see how the price of gasoline is holding steady at around $2 a gallon, i fully expect to see the price of gas take off in the very near future....like say right after the election

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I just have to point this out remember at the DNC Kerry said that Bush was incahoots with the Saudis to lower the price of a barrell of Oil to record lows right before the election so that he could win the election. Where did that charge go? Kerry sure isn't pushing that one anymore.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1097727859442

LL1

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I am honestly wondering what we will do when our oil wells run dry?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
I am honestly wondering what we will do when our oil wells run dry?

Thats when Big Oil will become Big Hydrogen. It will cost large amounts of money to turn our oil based infrastructure over to a Hydrogen based one and Big Oil money will handle that.

They will be as big and as powerful even when the oil runs out. The people in the middle east better save their oil mnoney because I dont think they will have much eles going for them in resources.

LL1

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Can you kindly give me a brief desrciption of how our homes will
be heated? What is this heating system going to be like?
And what about the cars?

kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
When Al gore proposed the CAFE increase to 33mpg he was labeled a wacko by the auto industry, then the SUV craze began and since the big 3 made a huge profit on those vehicles, that eficiency rating was never pushed again.

Well that was 1993 and should have been put to effect by 2003, well now in 2004 with big SUV in the 13 mpg are a huge part of the problem, and god forbid if the gas goes to 3+ a gal it will make the SUVs worthless ....the same thing happened to Cadillac and their big 500 inch V8 in 1972, gas was rationed and the car was a guzzler.

I concurr that the gas price will begin to go up faster after NOV 2 regardless of who wins....

sems we are in for a ride in the next 6 months...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Can you kindly give me a brief desrciption of how our homes will
be heated? What is this heating system going to be like?
And what about the cars?

Well we would use electrical power to heat our homes and run our cars. But the electricity will be produced by hydrogen fuel cells well atleast for cars.

I think overall power generation will come from a mix of sources. Solar,wind,water,wave and ofcourse hydrogen. All created with the help of Big Oil money.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackJackal
I just have to point this out remember at the DNC Kerry said that Bush was incahoots with the Saudis to lower the price of a barrell of Oil to record lows right before the election so that he could win the election. Where did that charge go? Kerry sure isn't pushing that one anymore.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull&cid=1097727859442

Well, they tried to reduce prices but there are too many other problems around the world right now that are pushing the price up.

If you look at the current oil output, you'll see they did increase output significantly. They have even promised to increase production even further to 11 million barrels per day.

OPEC Pushes Output Above 30 Million Barrels Per Day

LL1

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This sounds expen$ive, our utility company here is already expensive.
If the Oil Cartel is still in control, although an alternative -hydrogen- it's more than likely expensive.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
This sounds expen$ive, our utility company here is already expensive.
If the Oil Cartel is still in control, although an alternative -hydrogen- it's more than likely expensive.

Thats the real reason we are not using Hydrogen now the cost. But with better tech the cost will come down and with oil prices going up sooner or later there will be more money to be made in Hydrogen then we will see the switch.

I do think Big Oil will milk oil for all its worth first though, theres still money to be made

Heres some more indepth info on how fuel cells will work if your interested

science.howstuffworks.com...

Another problem with Hydrogen is that it requires energy to make it and since most of the world is covered in Hydrogen but happily bonded to water its a problem. Heres one place making it with solar power a very clean choice.

news.bbc.co.uk...

There is also a way to make Algae produce Hydrogen from water which might be the future. Perhaps big fields or farms of algae making Hydrogen for us someday. This I dont think would cost much just let the plants do the work for free

www.zetatalk.com...

[edit on 20-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I am going to invest in a nice bike!!!!!!!!!

kix

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
One of the reason Airlines are in such distress (financially) is because of the price of fuel, the break even point for most carriers is 31usd a Barrel, and we are on our way to doubl ethat ammount...!!!

Southwest, Jetblue and other bought an insurance of fuel hedging so Southwest will be paying the fuel at 21 till november and 25 for 2005 jet blue is similar but Delta and other carriers dont have that insurance or they sold it (for a profit), in the mean time they are struggling to break even, and that is just ONE of the troubles of high oil pricing, home heating, cars, transports, travel will certanly go up raising inflation etc....

Maybe we should have invested more in alternate fuels when the problem was 10-20 years away not now...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
i just read that the govt approved the first wave of gas stations to have hydrogen pumps...as part of some program focused on using hydrogen in cars

top topics

join