It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hannity 'Evolves' His Immigration Position

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Yahoo News
Hannity quote -

We've gotta get rid of the immigration issue altogether. It's simple for me to fix it. I think you control the border first, you create a pathway for those people that are here, you don't say you gotta go home. And that is a position that I've evolved on. Because you know what—it just—it's gotta be resolved. The majority of people here—if some people have criminal records you can send 'em home—but if people are here, law-abiding, participating, four years, their kids are born here ... first secure the border, pathway to citizenship ... then it's done. But you can't let the problem continue. It's gotta stop

So which is it??

Option One - The democrats bought the hispanic vote with it's wide open policy towards illegals. So Hannity has decided to throw away his PUBLIC position that illegal means illegal, and 'buy the vote' from hispanics for 2016 with a bunch of pro-keep-illegals-here rhetoric. He wants the GOP to give the dems a taste of their own pandering.

Option Two - Hannity now has an open doors policy towards illegals. The Democrats will cheer that he's 'evolving' and becoming more human. He's now more democrat than GOP on this social issue.

Option Three - Hannity has lost his mind.
Option Four - He's up to something and, at this time, it's unclear what it could be.
Option Five - He says 'it's gotta' be resolved' .. which in Hanniteeeeze means .. "I give up"

I'm just not buying that he suddenly thinks that illegals should get a free pass.
He's been waaaaaaaaay too vocal until now.

Pick one .. (or two or three) .... Feel free to add another option ...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I think Hannity understand that the country he lives in is different than the country he grew up in.
He understands that his party's change beigns today, and that immigration policy is a good place to start.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

You are a generous and gently spoken individual.
Whereas me ... I see a talking head who has been EXCEPTIONALLY vocal about how bad amnesty for illegals is for this country. Now suddenly Hannity changes his position right after a lost election? Dunno .... I'm wondering if he's got something up his sleeve.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

I am going to pick four, pandering, lol

I am the daughter of immigrants with many Hispanic cousins out west by marriage, even they don't like the illegal immigration, although I am sure they all voted Obama,

All countries have borders, Mexico's immigration laws are stricter then ours.

Why this is even a issue is beyond me,

FFS, just make them a state,

I give up myself, gonna go all survivalists.
Just wish I wasn't so old.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

They all pander for votes, they would sell their soul for power, if they had one that is.

edit on 103030p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

He's deciding to act like a sober adult instead of a belligerent toddler. His decision here is one of concession, sure, but it is also the only way for his political party to survive. The GOP can no longer run on fear and emotions; it must accept reality and try to solve issues with the realization that they cannot force others to think like they do.

I never thought I'd applaud Hannity for anything but I think this is indicative of the direction you will see many others go. Even if it's just a survival tactic, I still give the guy a thumbs up.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think number one for sure.

The Latino vote is the GOP's best chance at gaining a majority. They tend to be conservative and anti-abortion. Hannity knows its the most pragmatic way forward without compromising too much of the far right agenda. Plus it works if the power elite wants to run with Jeb or George P. Bush in the future.

Romney proved the GOP will do and say anything to get elected...look how many times he flip-flopped on various issues trying to disguise his moderate roots. They hated him and they still made him their candidate.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When faced with defeat, there are only three honest options.

1. Maintain your losing strategy.
2. Change your strategy to one that has proven to be successful.
3. Give up and go home.

I believe option #2 is in play here. As time goes by and he has had time to reflect, I suspect that this will not be the only issue that Hannity and others reposition themselves on. Will this be a genuine change or is it simple pandering? Actions speak louder than words, so only time will tell this tale.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I think he means exactly what he said...he wants the immigration issue to go away.

He isn't saying he likes it, he isn't saying it is the right thing to do, he is just saying that he wants to get it over with and make it go away.

I don't think the GOP will try to use it to say "Hey latinos, we helped you out", I think they just want it off the radar because they honestly think that without the immigration issue, the latino voters will switch over to Republican. They say it all the time, Lations are against abortion and gay marriage, so they just want immigration to go away.

In my opinion, the GOP is just willing to make this sacrafice so that immigration won't be such a front and center topic in the upcoming elections.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

A combination of all of them.

Pathetic!

So much for sticking to principles.

I admire people who stick to their principles. I may not always agree with them, but I admire them.

Hannity?

(spit)

I am disgusted by your weak pandering!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A combination of all of them.

Pathetic!

So much for sticking to principles.

I admire people who stick to their principles. I may not always agree with them, but I admire them.

Hannity?

(spit)

I am disgusted by your weak pandering!

Then you will probably be disgusted with Boehner also, because he is saying the same exact thing in that article.

"This issue has been around far too long," Boehner said. "A comprehensive approach is long overdue, and I'm confident that the president, myself, others can find the common ground to take care of this issue once and for all."

The GOP will compromise, pass the Dream Act, pass "amnesty", and get their border security tightened.

And Obama will get one more in the win column.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Why not just get everyone who voted against Obama and his regime (for whomever for what ever reason)

And have them all roll over and bare their bellies and throats like the GOP is doing.

Who ever makes white flags must be the only company hiring in America!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
As far as I am concerned all the political punidts can shut up who are on tv.

What they are saying and echoed by their opposites is lie,and pander, and say what the hell ever to get elected.

Yeah that is what they are doing.

Me call me Popeye I am what I am, not going to treat anyone different than I have been.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
If the Obama administration wants to shock me, they can start by enforcing the existing laws instead of pandering themselves!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If the Obama administration wants to shock me, they can start by enforcing the existing laws instead of pandering themselves!!!!

All side-arguments aside and only looking at the bottom line, our current democrat administration is deporting more undocumented immigrants than under the last republican administration. Here

It's simply a talking point and action seems to be no different no matter who is in charge because we know that both sides have unrealistic solutions. You can't deport them all and you can't grant them all amnesty. The solution is transient and that is what we are working on.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

All side-arguments aside and only looking at the bottom line, our current democrat administration is deporting more undocumented immigrants than under the last republican administration. Here

It's simply a talking point and action seems to be no different no matter who is in charge because we know that both sides have unrealistic solutions. You can't deport them all and you can't grant them all amnesty. The solution is transient and that is what we are working on.

Your point is valid, but the issue gets muddied with Sanctuary Cities and a decrease in border patrols.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Any kind of an amnesty will only encourage more illegal immigrants to come in hopes of yet another. We have existing laws that are just not enforced. We have countless of illegals who have had previous arrests and deportations. It's like a revolving door. If we stopped hiring illegals, that would be one step in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

He is back tracking because he is worried about the republican party.
You will see him doing a lot of this in the weeks to come.
I say let the republican party go, It's just a left fest nowadays anyway.
Replace it with a libertarian/conservative party.

Sad to see him cave like that, what does that say about his character?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Time for the back tracking/change my views dance! In the coming weeks, we will see more and more of these tactics as they try to salvage the Republican party. The Republican party has changed so much, I don't think they even know which way is up or down.

new topics

top topics

join