It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney's Campaign Cancels Staffers' Credit Cards In The Middle Of The Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
They should not have been surprised...sounds like a tactic Bain Capital might use.

The next time you have the misfortune of hearing a Wall Street titan or other one-percenter whine about how their trickle-down contributions are not appreciated by the masses remember this tidbit, courtesy of Garrett Haake at NBC:

From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.

Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.

In case you are wondering, this did not have to happen. The Mitt Romney for President entity does not end with Romney’s Tuesday night loss. There are papers to be filed with various federal commissions and bills to be paid

www.forbes.com...

firstread.nbcnews.com...

That's pretty darn mercenary. I mean they have thrown millions and millions of dollars at this campaign and they can't let their staffers wrap up their campaign associated affairs? 24 hours doesn't seem unreasonable...

To top it off, Ann Romney gave a tearful speech the next day about how the staffers would always be like family to the Romneys.

I guess the staffers stranded on election night should have asked to hitch a ride on top of the limo...

edit on 11/9/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
When your ship sinks you can't expect to spend the gold at the bottom of the sea.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Better their credit cards than our SS and FEMA.

Think about that.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Given Romney's history does this surprise anyone? I mean really? He is one of the greediest men around, the very type of person that led America to it's current situation. It just killed me to see ANYONE voting for him....

That people voted for him at all is proof racism is still quite alive and well in the USA.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
If the campaign was over, why should the campaign credit cards still be valid?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

Exactly, why would any staffer "assume" that he could pay for his cab ride with a Romneycard?

I would be a little "miffed" as a staffer, but I would understand. I would have probably paid my own fare anyway, and not expected the campaign to pay for it.

As per the article, the staff still have work to do -- and I can understand for security reasons cutting those cards off. If I were Romney, I'd be worried some of my staff might be upset and blow up the cards, or go to a bar right after and drown their sorrows in booze.

I think cancelling ALL the cards was a little harsh, I would have let my top staffers keep theirs until all was said and done (paperwork, legal stuff, ect).

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by khimbar

Exactly, why would any staffer "assume" that he could pay for his cab ride with a Romneycard?

Seriously?

Not all of those staffers live in Boston.

If you are on business, all of your related travel expenses are typically paid for by your employer.

Originally posted by khimbar

Campaigns just don't stop on a dime when the concession speech is made.
. There are filings to be made, bills to be paid, spaces to be cleared, etc.

Many of those campaign workers were expected to show up the next day and take care of business related to winding down the campaign, the business-end of the campaign was not over.

edit on 11/9/2012 by Sergeant Stiletto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by khimbar

Seriously?

Not all of those staffers live in Boston.

If you are on business, all of your related travel expenses are typically paid for by your employer.

It say's aides not staff. Were they volunteers? How many of them were there? Were they local?

This story sure is short on actual details.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant Stiletto

Campaigns just don't stop on a dime when the concession speech is made.

Apparently, they do exactly that?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Well, what I am saying is that the kid that goes and gets coffee and does jobs like that probably doesn't need to have a Romneycard anymore.

I've traveled for business and had my expenses reimbursed, and deposited with my payroll. Not everyone needs a credit card for business travel if they keep and turn in their receipts.

I can see keeping the cards for the higher-level staffers and aides, and I am not surprised Romeny did something like this.

At the very least he should have given the people a warning or a date when the cards would be cut off. I think it's a bit rude if he just cut them off without telling them.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
They did try to run on fiscal responsibility. Better late than never to try and show it. They said it’s your responsibility to get home losers.

I joke I jest. Don’t take that serious.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

I see what you did there...

In all seriousness, it was kind of a D-move on his part. I'm not defending him...I just wouldn't expect Romney to keep paying for my expenses (especially if I was a low-level aide).

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Return flights? Cabs? Hotel check-out?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sergeant StilettoTo top it off, Ann Romney gave a tearful speech the next day about how the staffers would always be like family to the Romneys.

A dysfunctional family, is still family.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Americans are sleeping in the street and 2 these rich idiots are spending billions in ads. That's the sad reality not that these sell outs got their credit cards shut off.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just because he lost the election, does not mean everything is over immediately. There are still probably millions in his election coffer, there are still offices to disassemble, signs to collect, thank you cards to be sent, etc. It might be different if the staffers had all received pink slips, but I'm sure many of the staffers are still actively employed. A little bit of notice might have been nice. Maybe a contingency plan ahead of time with what to expect from a win, and what to expect from a loss.

Romney never cared about any people, he never had any strong stances on anything, he was just a stuffed suit.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Sergeant Stiletto

At least 193 Million is what Romney for America had left over election night. I suspect it is now destined for the Cayman Isles via a maze of trusts and shell orgs.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Maybe Obama's re election staff and aides got to keep charging their stuff... after all isn't Obama the great giver of free stuff? Oh wait, somebody else has to pay.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
Given Romney's history does this surprise anyone? I mean really? He is one of the greediest men around, the very type of person that led America to it's current situation. It just killed me to see ANYONE voting for him....

That people voted for him at all is proof racism is still quite alive and well in the USA.

Do you realize the first Republican was Abraham Lincoln, who fought to free slaves? Abraham Lincoln was both white & republican, yet according to your racist remarks, this would make him a racist?

Oh, you see, your remarks are unfounded, people voted for man A or man B, do you see, not everything is about race, you are the one that is racist. You have zero examples of Mitt being racist, because he isn't one, he has black friends who admire him, black democrat friends who voted for him.

I'm guessing you've never accepted the existence of this video because it was too inconvenient for you:

As for the credit cards, how do we know Mitt had any hand in this? We don't, jumping to conclusions, the MSM feeds these stories to us, and when they sound nice you eat them up? I don't accept any stories at face value or as being 100% honest when they come from the MSM, especially one of the main 4, consider the source.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
One could say the Romney team 'creatively destroyed' the staffers's ability to get home. They should have at least afforded them that. It's funny how some people don't see issue with that part.

Hey, at least that idiot is finally out of the picture. Good riddance!

new topics

top topics

join