It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy Seals Disciplined for Leaking Info!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

7 Navy SEALs disciplined for role with video game

The U.S. Navy SEALs are part of an elite force that operates in the shadows, best known for killing Osama bin Laden. However, CBS News has learned a group of SEALs has been disciplined for revealing secrets.

The seven members of SEAL Team Six are all still on active duty. One of them was on the raid which killed Osama bin Laden and made SEAL Team Six a household name. For two days this spring and summer, they worked as paid consultants on a recently released video game, "Medal of Honor: Warfighter."

Four other members of the team who have since transferred out of the unit but are still on active duty are under investigation.

I did an ATS search but didn't find anything yet on this subject. I find it unbelievable and very interesting!

The seven who have been punished so far all received letters of reprimand which would kill their chances for promotion. They also had half their pay taken away for two months.

The Seals have gone HOLLYWOOD!

Navy Seals Disciplined

Navy Seals Give Secrets
edit on 9-11-2012 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This doesn't suprise me too much. These guys did two days of work and probably made a hefty paycheck. I wonder if some of these guys were not planning on re-upping anyways and that's why they did it. I can't imagine they really believed no one would find out!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Im sure EA is happy about this controversy. Now copies of their terrible game will fly off the shelves as kiddies seek to investigate all this "classified" info that was leaked.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I heard about this this morning...

My first reaction was: "Well, if there wasn't a news story saying that all of the information used in the making of this game game from actual Navy SEALS...I would have just assumed it was 'only a game.'"

It is only because they are making a big deal about this that anyone even knows what happened.

You'd think our military was smarter than that, yeah?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Im sure EA is happy about this controversy. Now copies of their terrible game will fly off the shelves as kiddies seek to investigate all this "classified" info that was leaked.

Right in time for Christmas sales, right? I wonder if the game-maker released the info on purpose to sell more games. Now that wouldn't surprise me at all! It's not going to hurt sales, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Exactly. Assuming UFO and FEMA conspiracies are true, the people managing those are doing a good job at keeping the public in the dark just by not overreacting at everything. It's a great policy for anything secretive, really. The best way to ensure that everyone reads about something is to ban it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

You'd think our military was smarter than that, yeah?

I was thinking the same thing! But then again, Common Sense is very Uncommon!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Let's not forget Mr. Obama exploited the Navy SEALS and their military strategies for political gain and campaign ads for re-election, that prompted the SEALS to run their own ads against the president.

Honestly, I'd like to see more proof as to what secrets were released in the making of this game. Also, if what they supposedly leaked were that TOP SECRET, why hasn't the game been pulled off the shelf?

This has distraction written all over it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire
Let's not forget Mr. Obama exploited the Navy SEALS and their military strategies for political gain and campaign ads for re-election, that prompted the SEALS to run their own ads against the president.

Honestly, I'd like to see more proof as to what secrets were released in the making of this game. Also, if what they supposedly leaked were that TOP SECRET, why hasn't the game been pulled off the shelf?

As much as I think you've got a great post here, Knight (i really do), as a military veteran I understand all sailors, soldiers, airmen, and marines are exploited for the whims of Washington, the POTUS, most politicians, and whatever crap they're spouting as "American Interests." It's the reason we lost our ass in Iraq and losing it still in Afghanastan. Unfortunately, when a person signs up for the military you give up all your rights as a human being...I know, its ironic, isn't it?

Also, like you said...I don't they released anything Top Secret or highly classified, however, I'm sure everything they possess and know is highly SENSITIVE in nature. I doubt they behaved that foolishly.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
It's only OK for the White House to leak "sensitive" information about SEAL team 6... including names, addresses and phone numbers
The are being disciplined because their was no political gain for the White House...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It also has retaliation written all over it...

I find the timing highly suspicious... highly

usually this thing cant occur because all the material from consulting has to be cleared by command... I got a nasty feeling from this... real nasty...

we are in deep trouble...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
It's only OK for the White House to leak "sensitive" information about SEAL team 6... including names, addresses and phone numbers
The are being disciplined because their was no political gain for the White House...

Of course. You nailed it! Like I said, as a veteran of this military it's sad to admit that you give up all your rights when you enlist. That's what you're signing when you sign on the "Dotted Line."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
what gets me is that after the raid, Obama violated protocol and took advantage trying to collect the political capital of "killing Osama". He didn't wait until the people who made the raid possible were safe. Osama's doctor who gave the Intel on his where about was promptly killed. Maybe some of his family too.

The info on the hard drives and other materials found on site were rendered almost useless because Osama's whole network found out about his death and his compound being compromised almost instantly. Any further leads that Intel could have brought in terms of locating targets was made fudge.

That is not even mentioning how hard it is to get people to work for our intelligence community as assets. After seeing the doctor killed with no protection and the backlash that followed to everyone involved, Obama made it harder for them to find willing informants.

HE made it out like HE killed Osama, like he was leading a task force or something in his capture and death. The people involved spent a decade trying to get him, and THEY did it. They didn't need to brag. They were content following protocol and seeing what else turned up. What Our president did by revealing it as soon as possible was make their job harder and put them at risk.

These seals are doing nothing Obama didn't do a thousand fold. Hollywood is in regular contact with advisors from the military and government for movie ideas and other services to render public disclosure about events the US engages in. Everything form purposeful manipulation of public opinion to revealing information the Government can't talk about but wants to make public knowledge.

The cat was already out of the bag. Who cares if a video game, book, or movie comes out in a few years. All the surprise was already ruined by that opportunistic announcement by Obama taking credit for something he shouldn't have talked about for several weeks.

edit on 9-11-2012 by manykapao because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is nothing. The punishment so far has been a letter of reprimand and 1/2 pay for 2 months. This is called NJP or Non Judicial Punishment, more commonly known as Captain's Mast. If this was serious it couldn't be handled by NJP. Nothing to see here, just media hype.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
This is nothing. The punishment so far has been a letter of reprimand and 1/2 pay for 2 months. This is called NJP or Non Judicial Punishment, more commonly known as Captain's Mast. If this was serious it couldn't be handled by NJP. Nothing to see here, just media hype.

I remember Standing Tall Before the Man once or twice as a sailor myself, but nothing serious.

However, not all NJP is harmless. When I was in Corps School a handful of senior students went out drinking with some GM students and got into a fight....of course! lol....with a week left in a 14 week A school, their punishment disenrolled them from Corps School, stuck them in a detail barracks for several weeks then shipped them off to the fleet without any skill or rating. Basically deck apes...sucks! The Captain wasn't messing around. Sucked to be them!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Bad: revealing secrets
But..its MOH...damn good title..so, erm...bad. Bad seals! No fish for you
-must purchase this title-

And ya..nothing here but good ole fashion greed going on.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
They discipline SEALS for compromising national security by providing consultation for SEAL tactics for a game, and go after they guy who wrote the book.

Why can't someone go after EA for compromising national security by releasing the game, whip out that NDAA or something, they're a terrorist organization now right?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
Why can't someone go after EA for compromising national security by releasing the game, whip out that NDAA or something, they're a terrorist organization now right?

I haven't seen any proof that anything was compromised. I read that book and couldn't see what the fuss was about other than it put Obama in a bad light.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Yeah I didn't get a chance to read the book, just the rumors.

I would like to think there are protective mechanisms in place however, that would not allow a product (game) to be released to the public if that game accurately reflects actual covert combat tactics, thus arming any enemy with the knowledge that can be used against us in the future.
If it is allowed, I can only assume they don't see it has that potential to be a national security issue.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911

Originally posted by KnightFire

As much as I think you've got a great post here, Knight (i really do), as a military veteran I understand all sailors, soldiers, airmen, and marines are exploited for the whims of Washington, the POTUS, most politicians, and whatever crap they're spouting as "American Interests." It's the reason we lost our ass in Iraq and losing it still in Afghanastan. Unfortunately, when a person signs up for the military you give up all your rights as a human being...I know, its ironic, isn't it?

Also, like you said...I don't they released anything Top Secret or highly classified, however, I'm sure everything they possess and know is highly SENSITIVE in nature. I doubt they behaved that foolishly.

I couldn't agree any more with you. I just think that door should swing both ways and it's very evident it does not and that just ticks me off.

new topics

top topics

join