It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Is it time to admit aliens don't exist?" ("The Sun" newspaper)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Wake up dont search aliens in dark search in light.There are number of evidences.Well if u feel they are fake its up to u.If i believe Its true to me.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
All our technology and nothing after 60 years of 'sightings'

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
'Flying Saucers' do exist. I have seen one. Not a light an Orb a Speck or a Glow. A proverbial 'Flying Saucer'. It came so close that if it were a car I could have gotten the plate number.

At the time that I saw what I saw I was sailing in the Burmuda Triangle and I saw it rise from beneath the sea.

This is not proof of ETs. It could be a 'Top Secret' Government Project.

The existence of these vessels is well documented. Sightings are logged by those who see them regularly as is required. Where they come from and what they are if known at all is known only by a select few. Perhaps TPTB.

Or just maybe the creators of these 'Disks' are TPTB.

Believe me or not. I do not care one way or the other. I am not at this time prepared to discuss this further.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
if aliens showed up 5,000 years ago, whose to say they aren't amongst us.

5,000 years of genetic manipulation could lead to procedures where they can alter their appearance.

how do you know you're not an alien, simple, you should know.

how do you know your neighbour isn't a 2,000 year old altered alien. you can't be sure.

for all anybody knows, they can identify each other and have support structures in place for any inevitability.

when the average american doesn't know the capital of their state, i think any threat to an alien by them is mathematically near zero.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Come on. The Sun...really?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Of course there's "Aliens" numbskulls. Where do you think we come from? Here?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
That article is poorly titled. No proof of alien visitation doesn't mean aliens don't exist -- even if they've never been to Earth.

I do think it's about time we stop worrying about aliens, and start worrying about the state of our own species and planet. We like to fantasize. We like to look for clues that there's other intelligent lifeforms among us; but whatever the case is doesn't change who we are now.

Anyway, there already are intelligent lifeforms that are [nearly] upon us -- that would be advanced computers (AI). To me that seems a lot more intriguing...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is from the scum sucking Sun newspaper remember. This newspaper has been keeping the british populace stupid since its inception. Its a horrible rag filled with bigotry and hatred. I despise this newspaper and its gutter views.In fact i would go even further and ask all uk ats members to boycott it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
Maybe it's also time to ask if God, as portrayed in the Bible, exists. There's no new evidence. I see a lot of chatter but no meat.

Seems to me there is more video evidence for the existence of aliens than God.

Mind you I speak of God as described by Christians.

Just sayin'
edit on 9-11-2012 by IamAbeliever because: (no reason given)

Originally posted by FFS4000
So i bet he doesn't say the same thing about god or any other sky fairy, but it's ok to have a go at those of us that think a little deeper, like poster above billions of stars in billions of galaxies and we are the only intelligent life, sorry, i dont think so

Two straw man posts in a row.

As if idiots believing in God validates idiots believing in alien visitation.

Sure, some people believe crazy stuff. Does that answer the question in the OP?

Nope. It doesn't even address it.

Seems to me that crying "But religious people believe in God" is a really stupid way to defend a belief in anything else.

I believe I have 12 toes. I've counted them, yes, and I came to ten each time. But some people think there's a sky fairy, so I must have 12 toes.

Harte

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by PollyPeptide

I was actually eating a bag of bread you know >.>

But your point still stands

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I do believe the "Strawman" Posts are quite valid. How many people you know that Do not believe in god or aliens. I'm pretty sure there are more believers of one or the other than those who abolish both.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I don't agree. I have seen phenomena that can't be explained (IMO) which has resulted in my strong belief that there is definitely something quite odd out there, and I wouldn't want anybody to tell me otherwise.

Also, the majority of the time I have seen anything strange I just stand pointing in utter disbelief, but once in a while I will remember I have a camera phone and try to record it. I should remind you that iPhones have a terrible camera for recording objects/points of light that could be miles away and always results in me deleting the video of 'nothing'.

I'm still a believer.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Just because they aren't visiting us doesn't mean they don't exist.

Just because they aren't interacting with you doesn't mean they don't exist.

And just because they haven't blown up this planet yet doesn't mean they don't exist.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
Why bring God into it?

Anti-Religious-freaks are getting more obsessed than bible bashers!

Firstly there is no such thing as an anti-religious "freak", such as there is no anti-toothfairy "freak", or an anti-santaclaus "freak". There simply is no evidence of god(s), and we've had more than severl thousands years to prove this claim... still nothing to suggest it's existence.

Considering that alien accounts, abductions, sightings have only really been around for the past ~100 years in pop-culture, its pretty ignorant to dismiss a "newer" assumption of explaining events.

Sure, sighting of unknown craft and creatures have began since we were able to paint on cave walls. But who is to say that these "gods" our ancestors drew and wrote about are nothing more than misinterpreted extra-terrestrials.

It's very relevant, as aliens are a logical explanation for the crazy stuff that happened in the bible and other books (if true). There is no such thing as a miracle.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. Arthur C. Clarke,

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi
The Sun newspaper has published an interesting, and rather provocative, article by UFO skeptic Dr David Clarke.

www.thesun.co.uk...

Is it time to admit aliens don't exist?

PEOPLE still talk about aliens today but where is the evidence for them? I’d say there’s lots of chatter but no meat.

No one is seeing anything new.

It knocks it on the head when you think that everyone is carrying around mobile cameras these days.
And now the internet knocks myths on the head straight away. Rather than taking months and years to get to the bottom of a strange sighting, you can do it in a matter of days — and the mystery gets killed off.

If you ask the people who believe in UFOs for their best evidence, they’ll probably cite an example from the pre-1980s. But they happened so long ago, no one can get to the bottom of those cases.

For those that don't know about him, Dave Clarke is a prominent UFO skeptic in Britain, with a long history of involvement in UFO research. He acts as a consultant to the National Archives in relation to the release of official UFO documents and has written several thought-provoking UFO books. He is one of the few academics in England to be openly involved in UFO research.

This is just one more guy who hasn't seen anything for himself.

Well wouldn't we all like to but most do not take it so far as to call a few hundred thousand witnesses liars who don't know a weather balloon from a flare or from a saucer at a high clip.

Many people who are acquainted intimately with the subject and the evidence that is available, feel and report differently. This is often based on what appears to be empirical and physical evidence. Others who have been directly impacted or affected walk away with a completely different and counter point of view and one that directly refutes this one.

I am calling sour grapes.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by PollyPeptide

I think the reason people have such a hard time with the idea that intellegent life is out there comes from our self-centered way of life. We are taught from birth that we are special and unique and so exceptionally different from one another.

Amen.. that and brainwashing.

I think John Mack put it best when he said:

"
In summary, the abduction phenomenon is of considerable clinical and scientific interest. No convincing explanation of the experiences abductees report is currently evident. We may learn from further research a great deal about the nature of the human psyche and expand our notions of psychological and physical reality. The phenomenon may deliver to us a kind of fourth blow to our collective egoism, following those of Copernicus, Darwin and Freud. For we may be led to realize that not only are we not physically at the center of the universe, transcending other life forms and rational masters of our psyches-we are not even the preeminent or dominant intelligence in the cosmos, in control of our psychological and physical existences. It appears that we can be "invaded" or taken over, if not literally by other creatures, then by some other form of being or consciousness that seems able to do with us what it will for a purpose we cannot yet fathom.
"
Oh, and your English is far from terrible..
edit on 10-11-2012 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yeah, why not let more lies come from people, just like people who were slaves, they were force to believe that their is no freedom so that they can stay and work in there Golden cage, so let us believe now that their are NO such things as Aliens and that we are the only ones on this Earth, so there is no hope for us outside earth WE MUST STAY IN EARTH and obey our government in everything because they know whats best for us

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So this tabloid is going to stop posting UFO reports within its pages and online? Why put such an opinion piece in the publication otherwise?

I did a search for "UFO" on The Sun's website and it returned 482 results. If the editors of The Sun agree with this opinion piece then I think its time they give up using the subject to attract potential customers. Otherwise it seems pretty hypocritical to deny the subject and then keep reporting on it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Frith

Out of those 482 results, I wonder how many of them were street lights. I'd be very surprised if they had any real UFOS, they print any old rubbish. Last one I saw ended up on here and was debunked in the first post.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
reply to post by Harte

I do believe the "Strawman" Posts are quite valid. How many people you know that Do not believe in god or aliens. I'm pretty sure there are more believers of one or the other than those who abolish both.

The question is, how does that matter?
Shouldn't that be in a thread with a title like "Is it time to admit God doesn't exist?"

I certainly doesn't impact the topic of this thread.

If somebody else's belief in a diety is required for one to maintain and defend their own belief in alien visitation, then that person's belief is less than tenuous in the first place.

It seems to me that one could at least try to make a better argument for aliens than "Well, he believes in God!"

Besides, Deists at least acknowledge that their belief rests on faith alone. At least the thinking ones do. The ones that don't feel the need to mount an expedition to Mt. Ararat.
Should alien visitation believers acknowledge their belief is also based entirely on faith, then I'd say the argument that was made in those two posts might have some small bearing. As it is, not so much.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join