It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 5 % of the World's oceans are explored...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Thanks OP for this, seems rather interesting.

Kinda makes you think how much could be sitting on the bottom down there, possibly buried just a couple of feet below the ocean floor. Atlantis perhaps?

edit on 9-11-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by zatara
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Very interesting. I always wondered what we can find from lost civilisations under the seawaves.

~ Pieter Baas

Beat me to it, dang.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Something awesome and motivational, instead of doomnpoop or political nonsense!!
Thank you for posting.
I would be very interested in going down there to find out if they needed bodies, but, obviously, we need very nice machines which are sadly few and far between.
edit on 9-11-2012 by smashdem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
So cool.
Me and my friends used to do allot of fishing in those underwater rivers back in the day.
We would head out into the gulf and we knew where these rivers flowed at the bottom of the ocean.
The current on those rivers where always allot faster than the ocean current.
You would kind of catch these currents by dragging your line along the ocean floor. Once you found them you would just park the boat and let it drag along with the river, using an anchor.
We'd catch all kinds of fish at the very bottom that only lived in the river. No one knows what these fish where. No none has really discovered them or classified them yet.
They really tasty though. A little gamy but also some kind of undisturbed freshness. I always felt rejuvenated after we grilled them up and ate them.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Once the oceans go we are all dead meat unless we put those clone vats into fulltime.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by tekeen

That's pretty much the thing...
The oceans won't go. We don't even have a clou about them actually.

Clone vats ?

edit on 11/11/2012 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Thanks for sharing the video.
Good stuff

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I like this thread concept and the video SK. I have always wondered what was beneath the depths of the oceans unexplored. & I have actually heard the % unexplored stuff too.

It always makes me think about the movie "The Abyss". Ya never know what could or would be found down there.
This is taking your thread a bit off topic but..... With James Cameron's deep see adventure this year... what will he do next ? & take a look at this little snippet regarding this deep voyage he took. Interesting stuff !

4 Director James Cameron in the 'Deepsea Challenger', via National Geographic/YouTube Titanic director James Cameron has made another big splash – this time with footage of his voyage to the deepest part of the ocean. Cameron became the first person to undertake a solo dive to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, seven miles below the surface of the western Pacific. Equipment failure cut short the director’s undersea exploration in submarine ‘Deepsea Challenger’. But Cameron remained upbeat, according to Reuters, and described his awe at the perfect isolation of the sea floor: “When I got to the bottom … it was completely featureless and uniform… My feeling was one of complete isolation from all of humanity.” Cameron, famous for films including Avatar and True Lies, has shown a previous passion for underwater exploration, producing a number of deep-sea documentaries over the years. But what was the point of his latest venture? Titanic effort. At first glance, footage released of Cameron’s dive may not seem particularly exciting, wrote Jacqui Goddard at The Daily Beast: “Yet in just 26 seconds, this seemingly scant-on-thrills offering represents a record of one of the most significant feats of human exploration.” The failure of the craft’s hydraulic arm meant the director was unable to collect any deep-sea creatures, but this is something he intends to remedy in the future. “News that he not only plans to go back but also to turn his project into an ambitious, longer-term program of undersea research, has prompted delight in the deep-sea exploration community,” Goddard said. View footage of James Cameron’s underwater exploration below. Aliens. Cameron may have struggled to collect the range of samples he’d hoped for, but the director did bring back a small quantity of mud along with the footage. “The science team is hopeful that the small sample Cameron took of the trench’s sediments, along with the sub’s constantly whirring cameras, will provide some new insight into the remote underwater realm,” said National Geographic, partner on the project. “The mud, they say, could contain exotic species of microbial life that may not only advance our understanding of the deep ocean but also help in the search for extraterrestrial life.”

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join