It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Jackson Jr. in Talks for Plea Deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Chicago. I can only shake my head.

JJ Jr was facing arrest on corruption charges and illegal use of campaign funds. Last week he checked himself into the Mayo Clininc. He is Bi-Polar. I hope he gets any help he needs.

Any chance his offer of a plea deal is tied to tuesdays results?

The thing that really hit me about this article was this:

The Chicago congressman coasted to victory in Tuesday's election, keeping a seat he first won in a special election in 1995. Jackson won re-election despite having virtually no presence on the campaign trail. A robo-call to constituents describing his recent health troubles and thanking supporters for their "patience, your prayers … during this difficult time" appears to be the only evidence of Jackson's campaigning at all.

He has been absent from his congressional duties since this past summer. He last voted in the chamber on June 8 and has missed every one of the 225 votes since.

Jackson first came under a cloud of controversy in December 2008 when his name surfaced in the investigation of then Gov. Rod Blagojevich's scheme to peddle the Senate seat of president-elect Barack Obama. A House ethics probe into Jackson's activities was triggered but halted at the request of the Justice Department, which was conducting its own investigation.

Blago was convicted. JJ Jr was under investigation but the DOJ stopped it and did their own "investigation". We all know how well those internal DOJ investigations go.

I have to ask, is there really any hope left for America?

+EDIT - Link
edit on 9-11-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

One has to wonder if he may be faking mental illness as a strategy to lessen his sentence when he is finally brought to trial. It wouldn't be the first time such a tactic has been employed.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

It shouldn't really have a bearing. Many people are bipolar, and don't go around imbezzling funds. I hope he does hard time in genpop.
edit on Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:26:59 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I strongly agree with you, but as we all know people who get caught with their hands in the cookie jar will try everything they can to make excuses for their actions whether logical or not. If he is faking I just see it as a sign of desperation, as in he can't come up with anything else.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Being bipolar doesn't make you legally insane. Bipolar people still very well know right from wrong. Or maybe I am just misunderstanding your stance.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are misunderstanding. My oldest child is bi-polar and would never embezzle money. What I mean is that he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar and is grasping at straws for anything that could delay trial and possibly buy him some sympathy from a jury. Instead of taking responsibility for his actions he is trying to blame his crimes on being bi-polar, which is ridiculous to anyone with any knowledge of the subject.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
It goes beyond this one man.

Chicago elected a man that is corrupt.

Alabama elected a man that is DEAD.

Florida elected a man that is DEAD.

Georgia had at least 4,000 votes for Charles Darwin.

The system itself is utterly beyond hope. The people are uninformed and voting is a game to some.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Jackson Resigns

Perhaps there is more to the story but I want to believe he knew this was best for the people.

Just wanted to update the thread as I started it.

new topics

top topics

join