Theory About Black Holes and Space Time

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Einstein theorised that Spacetime was the fabric of the Universe and all mass resides within it. If you imagine when you boil some peas, the water would be the spacetime fabric and the peas the universe with the peas frantically moving around and distorting the water around it.

When it comes to black holes it is theorised that the gravitational pull is so strong that space and time does not exist and that time runs at a different speed the closer you get to the event horizon. My theory about what happens here is that the black hole creates a cavity in space time by ripping spacetime away from the main body and there being an open gap of emptyness between the event horizon and the black hole.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
My theory is as follows - "Speedy thing goes in, Speedy thing has no chance of getting out."

But yeah I think the generally excepted theory is that it's a tear in space time.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Does matter actually exist without Spacetime, well I guess it probably does because a black hole still has an intense gravitational pull. So does that mean that we can exist in a timeless enviroment? Also as time speeds up the further away from gravity you get, does the laws of physics stay the same or are they adjusted for example, does the speed of light stay consistant with time or does it appear to decrease in speed the faster time becomes?
edit on 9-11-2012 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Wait, Time slows down with the intensity of gravity right?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by IntoxicatingMadness

Sorry, you are correct. I have edited my post.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Seems no ones interested in the theorists of black holes eh? And yes mass should exist in a timeless place. Maybe that'll be of comfort considering there are theories that time could stop at any second

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness

Seems no ones interested in the theorists of black holes eh? And yes mass should exist in a timeless place. Maybe that'll be of comfort considering there are theories that time could stop at any second

where does the matter go after being drawn into a black hole, is something i have always wondered. we have learned that matter doesn't dissipate and disappear, but is always transformed or recycled so what happens to it after the black hole?

could there be another universe it is moved to? i'm unsure on that one mainly because it would be emptying ours without bringing anything back. could that be the reason for a vacuum in space? or perhaps we have yet to discover black holes that move in the opposite direction, maybe bringing matter back into our system. ah the universe and it's many possibilities.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

I don't think the matter actually goes anywhere, it is just super compressed in a cavity in space time. I think eventually in billions and billions of years when the Universe is littered with black holes from all our dead stars, that they will start attracting back to each other to create a super massive black hole, which we called the singularity before the big bang.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

maybe time slows so much that the matter never actually goes anywhere, it's just stuck in an eternal journey toward a doom it never faces but still can't escape!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Interesting question... I'll have a think and come back on that one...

Just thought I would share though... there is a term that has been proposed that describes what would theoretically happen to the human body should it encounter the event horizon of a black hole........ I love this word....

"Spaghettification"....

That is all..

PA

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

The density of a black hole is infinite right. So wouldn't There soon be enough to just utterly Destroy it. But then black holes need energy from objects to exist (Lest they dissipate from hawkings radiation) so would that make whatever goes in the... "Hole food"?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntoxicatingMadness
reply to post by Beavers

The density of a black hole is infinite right. So wouldn't There soon be enough to just utterly Destroy it. But then black holes need energy from objects to exist (Lest they dissipate from hawkings radiation) so would that make whatever goes in the... "Hole food"?
All we can say for sure about the density of a black hole relates to the volume encompassed by the event horizon and the amount of matter contained in that volume. That puts a limit on the density and it could be more dense than that inside. The mathematical singularity calculation may not be correct...remember we still don't have a quantum theory of gravity so there are unanswered questions.

All the black hole needs to sustain it is the cosmic microwave background radiation, which at its current temperature I think means the black hole has to be something like the mass of the moon or larger to not evaporate due to hawking radiation. As the CMB temp decreases in the future, this will affect the hawking radiation balance and even black holes more massive than the moon would start to evaporate.

To the OP, how do you reconcile this tear in the fabric of space-time with Hawking radiation? Or have you thought about that?
edit on 10-11-2012 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics
top topics

join