It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Tollerance Approach to Discussion of Illicit Substances

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Good Day,

I was wondering if it was actually possible to constructivly discuss without glorification the subject of illicit substances. I think there is a large scope of discussion especially concerning the medical issues related to the use of these substances and also the local laws relating to them. I can understand why ATS might not want to promote illicit substances and threads/posts that do should be removed. But banning on constructive discussion too seems a bit harsh, especially as it is estimated by the UN that there is 200m illicit substance users world wide. We are missing out on a very important subject to discuss. Education is one of the best factors in fighting the use of illigal substances and we could be helping do that here.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Go to a forum that allows the discussion then, no-one is forced to be here. Sorry, but if that's the score, that's the score.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
From what I understand, they've tried many times in the past, and each try was a failure.

Some explanation here-
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 9-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tazdeill2

They have a medical forum, why can't the medical impacts of drugs be discussed there?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by tazdeill2

They have a medical forum, why can't the medical impacts of drugs be discussed there?

Because time and time again people bring recreational use into the mix. It's hard for some to stay on topic.

In the few shorts years I have been here I've seen it happen.

And here is the site owner's last thread on the subject:
My rant, regarding some recent (drug topics related) stupidity...
edit on 9-11-2012 by OneisOne because: add

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

But I think that the gravity of the subject means that we should make concessions in order to discuss certain aspects. Drugs destroys lives and societies and it would be nice to discuss how we can beat it.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
what about when a so called illicit substance is made illicit no more like in Colorado?

what then?

If the law is changed then shouldnt the rules for the forum also change to match the law???

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
maybe now that the "green" will be legalize in certain state
ATS might do an exception only for this
alcool is way more dangerous in my opinion

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by OneisOne

But I think that the gravity of the subject means that we should make concessions in order to discuss certain aspects. Drugs destroys lives and societies and it would be nice to discuss how we can beat it.

And you can discuss it.... on another website.

ATS has taken a stance on the issue and every time this has come up they hold that stance. Read the thread I linked to, or at the very least read SO's posts.
edit on 9-11-2012 by OneisOne because: too many oooos

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
The rules have not changed. See the thread by SkepticOverlord as linked to earlier in the this thread.

Edit: Also see here.

Thank you.

Thread closed.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This has been done to death, several times this week, in this forum.

The answer from the site owners about these types of discussion is consistent and clear.

No.

Thread closed

top topics

join